GDT: USD Coyotes @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: USD Coyotes @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Nagy seems to be yelling rather loudly for a game they are winning by 20...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Flack gone.

Comment

Why didn't flack get a tech -1 or what ever its called in the first half when he smacked dykstra in the face going in the lane? Seemed rather obvious hands to the face area. I thought that's a big thing refs are alling now. Or suppose too.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

75-61 Jacks, final.

Comment

Game over. Jacks win 75-61. 18-11, 10-4. See you next Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Why didn't flack get a tech -1 or what ever its called in the first half when he smacked dykstra in the face going in the lane? Seemed rather obvious hands to the face area. I thought that's a big thing refs are alling now. Or suppose too.
              Should have been reviewed. By rule I think it was a flagrant 1 on Flack.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

It was reviewed. I dont think it was a flagrant. He was going for the ball and caught Jordan with his forearm. I think to be flagrant its automatic with the elbow but not the forearm.

Comment

What a boring game.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    It was reviewed. I dont think it was a flagrant. He was going for the ball and caught Jordan with his forearm. I think to be flagrant its automatic with the elbow but not the forearm.
                    How was that different then what jordan got called for on gruis at usd? Also rowson(sp) his foul on calrlson looked like a flagrant 1 to me. Its player control foul and his elbow got him on the face.

I just thought they were trying to protect the head and neck area so if there is contact its suppose to be called.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

The reason a flagrant should have been called is that there was not a play on the ball. All the action was wrestling Brayden. Flagrant does not require an elbow. It involves excessive physical contact. It appeared there was no basketball defense on the ball.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        What a boring game.
                        Agreed. Watched the game and voted in 6thfan. Not sure which was more mind numbing.

Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          What a boring game.
                          Even when the Jacks built the big lead , it seemed like their was no flow to the game because of all the fouls. I believe they said on the post game show that USD made 25 free throws , which was 40 % of their total points.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            The reason a flagrant should have been called is that there was not a play on the ball. All the action was wrestling Brayden. Flagrant does not require an elbow. It involves excessive physical contact. It appeared there was no basketball defense on the ball.
                            I think you are talking about a different play. We are referring to the play where Flack caught Jordan not where Brayden was pretty much tackled on the breakaway.

I had the benefit of sering several replays of both and thought the foul on Brayden was more flagrant than tbe foul on Jordan. Flack went for the ball and caught Jordan across his face with his arm. Seemed incidental. The foul on Brayden was almost a tackle. I was relieved Brayden didnt go up hard with that because I think he was going to hammered and could have gottsn hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              I think you are talking about a different play. We are referring to the play where Flack caught Jordan not where Brayden was pretty much tackled on the breakaway.

I had the benefit of sering several replays of both and thought the foul on Brayden was more flagrant than tbe foul on Jordan. Flack went for the ball and caught Jordan across his face with his arm. Seemed incidental. The foul on Brayden was almost a tackle. I was relieved Brayden didnt go up hard with that because I think he was going to hammered and could have gottsn hurt.
                              I thought both should have been. Flacks arm went right across jordans face rather hard. And carlson pretty much got tackled. I thought they changed the ruling for player protection reasons. Even though both were not trying to hurt or make a hard foul it happened. Just like how jd fouled gruis in verm. Since the rule is there surpsied it wasn't called in both cases.

Comment

Glad to see the men win in convincing fashion.

Maybe it was just me, but I didn't feel like the USD players were playing with much passion/intensity. They looked to me like a team going through the motions, riding out the season, until they get a new coach. Don't get me wrong, they didn't lay down and quit...but they had no confidence out there.

My favorite line of the game:
                                Dykstra 19 points, 10 rebounds
                                Gruis 0 points, 3 rebounds

And yes, I know Gruis was in foul trouble, but I enjoyed seeing this personal rivalry end on this note.

Comment

Working...
                                X