Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2/27 DU Game

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    Remember back to the first year we were fully division I eligible and there was concern that we might not make the tournament if we finished in 9th or 10th. We finished in 7th in the end. If you look back when there were 10 teams I believe in every case there were only 8teams in the tournament. Same thing happens in other sports. A couple years ago, we hosted the soccer tournament but didn't make the tournament. In some sports only 4 teams make the tourney.

This is the way that most but not all conferences run their tournaments. It is my understanding that in most cases the cost for the extra rounds outweigh the extra income.
    I wouldn't be totally shocked to see a 10-team Summit League (should that occur in the relatively near future) bring all 10 to Sioux Falls and have the bottom four teams play themselves into the standard 8-team bracket. I would similarly be not-shocked if a larger-than-8-school SL continues to leave teams finishing below #8 home. Part of it depends, I suppose, on who the members of that hypothetical larger Summit League might be.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Re: 2/27 DU Game

Think bigger folks. Sioux Falls and SDSU have made this league what it is. Expect that the league will continue to get and exceed the support it does now. 10 teams, all in for tourney 1 and 2 get byes to quarterfinal. Start Friday and finish Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
      X