New Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Rumor

Can you say two UNO losses to Minnesota St . next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
      can you say losing season

Maverick
      No basis for that assumption Maverstink!

SDSU has proven time and time again that even though we lose some of our best players to graduation, injury and even transfers, we still win!!!!!!

That is the mark of a GREAT basketball program, men's and women's. We'll be just fine!

Be very thankful that you don't have to play us anymore.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
        What is everyone hearing on the reason for this? Does it have anything to do with Landon Scott coming in next year. It just sounds like they are similar players. Was there a conflict with coaches or other players? This one is hard to take I always liked Andy he was a true D1 caliber guard. The NCC should fear Minnesota St. next year.
        If true, I am also curious about the reason. Andy does not strike me as one who desires individual recognition (although he received some this year) and even if he does, I don't see there being alot of benefit in going to MSU. MSU would certainly benifit from his arrival but we all know its hard to win a championship with players who are not familiar with one another and he only has one year.

Could this be related to any off court issues, academic or otherwise, or is this just simply in response to the move to DI? I guess things will become more clear as July 1st approaches. I sure hope Andy is still a Jackrabbit this fall. If not, I wish him the best. However, before he leaves (if he is), he might want to look at what transferring away from SDSU did for Mandy Koupal.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Mandy Koupal will forever be known as the player that made the worst transfer decison of all time.

Comment

one
            Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
            Mandy Koupal will forever be known as the player that made the worst transfer decison of all time.
            Let's see:

1. Koupal and Schoolie leave
            2. SDSU women win two Conference titles
            3. SDSU women win three Regional Titles
            4. SDSU women win one National Title

When a team's "best" player leaves, that does not always equate to doom and gloom. History proves it!

Comment

JBNJBQ ... one of the things you left off your list ... which I like the best is this ... because Koupal left, Melissa Pater had a tremendous career and was the MVP of a national tournament.

Comment

I stand corrected!

Comment

Here is something to think about:

Who would not have been recruited if Koupal and Schoolie had stayed at SDSU. (Two less scollies to give).

How would that have changed things? Would we have still had the success we have had?

We can not be too sad when people choose to leave. Sometimes that is just opportunity knocking.

Comment

A quote from Mandy in the 3/27/04 Press & Dakotan

"I will never forget my teammates, my coaches and all the people I have met here. I will cherish the experiences and good times in this program. And, I will always be proud to be a Coyote."

Mandy is the only person qualified to judge the wisdom of her decision to transfer to the U and she was very satisfied with her decision.

Comment

Originally posted by goyotes
                      A quote from Mandy in the 3/27/04 Press & Dakotan

"I will never forget my teammates, my coaches and all the people I have met here. I will cherish the experiences and good times in this program. And, I will always be proud to be a Coyote."

Mandy is the only person qualified to judge the wisdom of her decision to transfer to the U and she was very satisfied with her decision.  

Come on what is she going to say. . . "Man I really blew it I could have been a National Champion, but I was not smart enough to stay at SDSU". She dosen't have to say it we all know she thinks it when the lights are out and no one is around.

Go State! 8)

Comment

"and she was very satisfied with her decision"...
                        Yea. SDSU was very satisfied with that decision too !!! ;D

Comment

By my count, there have been 9 USD women's basketball players that have quit or transfered in the last three years.

1. Jaci Jensen
                          2. Mara McGill
                          3. Dawn Sudbeck
                          4. Ashley Bjorkman
                          5. Leah Bakke
                          6. Renae Ludke
                          7. Krista Orsack
                          8. Katie Pulford
                          9. Erin Case

That's an average of three per year. That's a lot isn't it?

Comment

I checked the USD men's rosters for the last three years and it looks like they only had three players quit or transfer.

The guys stay but a lot of the women leave. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
                              I checked the USD men's rosters for the last three years and it looks like they only had three players quit or transfer.  

The guys stay but a lot of the women leave.  Why?
                              If I were the new AD at USD, I would be asking Chad Lavin questions about all the departures. These departures all happened on his watch and it tells you something about him as a coach. Lavin has kind of checkered career. Wins a few at USD goes to Wyoming and then back to USD. Chad strikes as being on the wierd side, and if I had a daughter who could play basketball, I dont think she would be attending USD.

Comment

Just a question for you guys, I don't know if you have the answer. Aaron Green has already announced he is transfering from the bison, is he going to have to sit out a year, because I hadn't heard anything, and he announced before July 31. If not then maybe theres hope for you next season after all, and Moeller is staying!

Comment

Working...
                                X