@ NDSU - high stakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: @ NDSU - high stakes

On to Thursdays game at Frost. Which Jackrabbit team will show up? We can only hope this is an aberration. Have to win the next 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

63-50 NDSU at the under 4 timeout. SDSU ball.

Here's what needs to happen: NDSU and SDSU need to go 2-0, DU needs to go 0-2 and IPFW needs to lose to either WIU or Omaha.

Best case scenario for SDSU is being a 2 seed and facing IPFW/WILL in the semi's. NDSU would have a long layoff and play DU in the semi's, who beat them in Denver.

Comment

Heemstra for 3! 10 point game. Carlson steals but charges on the drive.

Comment

Heemstra just made a 3. Yes, Heemstra.

63-53 NDSU, 3:05 left.

Comment

This is over. Jacks need to go 2-0 next week, have Omaha or WIU beat IPFW, and they'll be the 2 seed.

74-59 final.

Comment

The Bison are tough to be sure. The thing that impresses me the most is that they haven't been that impressive and handled us pretty well. We didn't play well but a lot of that credit goes to the Bison.

I'm really surprised that we started so poorly. In the winning streak they started well from the opening tip. Didn't do that today. Then their crowd got into it and that made it tough.

Bummed out but not discouraged nor am I thinking any less of our chances in SF. Get out of their and back home and get ready for a couple home games.

Then to the Arena to defend the title!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Jacks shot 33% and 26% from 3. I don't care who you face, you're not gonna win shooting those percentages. Jacks were -1 on the glass. NDSU should have dominated the boards with all of the Jacks' missed shots. Jacks had 11 offensive rebounds to NDSU's 4.

NDSU shot 54%, and 36% from deep. Braun with only 6 points, but Wright killed us. He had 20

Overall, not surprised SDSU didn't win at the BSA today, but disappointed with the first half. They came out flat and that set the tone.

Cody Larson was 3-14FG and Carlson was 2-10FG. Ouch.

Comment

Absolute dominance by the Bison. If you don't see it that way you're not being honest with yourself. Bison beat Jacks in Frost on a day Jacks shot lights out. Whipped the Jacks again today. Bison are a better team, way better I'd say. Doesn't mean Jacks can't beat them but does mean Bison are favorites to win it all. Domination by the Bison.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Cody Larson got dominated today. Just cant feed him non-stop in Sioux Falls. Bjorkland is just a better post player offensively and defensively. Our mismatch is not Larson vs Bjorkland and that was more than proven today. We should be doubling Bjorkland whenever he touches it and not constantly giving Larson the ball with his back to the basket against the Bison. It just does not work.

Comment

• Re: @ NDSU - high stakes

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                      Cody Larson got dominated today. Just cant feed him non-stop in Sioux Falls. Bjorkland is just a better post player offensively and defensively. Our mismatch is not Larson vs Bjorkland and that was more than proven today. We should be doubling Bjorkland whenever he touches it and not constantly giving Larson the ball with his back to the basket against the Bison. It just does not work.
                      Agree. Only way that works is if he is passing out of the post. Offense sucked today largely because of an unwillingness to go away from a completely ineffective inside game. Larson cannot be the focus on offense. Must be Dykstra and Carlson. Let Larson clean up misses and find the occasional layup. Ugly, ugly and more ugly today.

Comment

Good luck the rest of the way. I'll be pulling for you guys in the last two!

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                          Cody was trying too hard today and it really affected his inside scoring. Too much focus on bulling his way to the basket and forgetting to play with control and finesse.

That being said, the strategy was to get Bjorklund in foul trouble, and that's more than likely what caused Cody to be too aggressive. Personally, I don't mind the strategy, but don't like how we tried to accomplish it.

Bjorklund is tough to move inside and is an intelligent player, so trying to go right at him in the post isn't going to work too often unless you have poor refs who bail out out-of-control offensive players. So instead of playing into Marshall's strength, how about forcing him to guard in space and move laterally. This is where Larson and Dykstra have the advantage, so whichever one Bjorklund is guarding either needs to be setting ball screens or facing him up rather than trying to back him down. Heck, maybe he'll even switch off on a guard and really be on his heals. This is where you are more likely to get Bjorklund to a foul.

I'm really interested in see what adjustments are made in Sioux Falls if we end up playing the Bison, because I don't see this strategy getting us a victory. Coach Nagy has impressed me before with his adjustments in the past, and I'm hoping to see that again the next go around.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Disappointing to be sure. The Jackrabbits had been playing so well, and the Bizun had been struggling a bit. I really thought they had a chance.

Honestly, this doesn't change alot for the tournament. The Jackrabbits still have to beat them and they have proven to be a very good team.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Disappointing to be sure. The Jackrabbits had been playing so well, and the Bizun had been struggling a bit. I really thought they had a chance.

Honestly, this doesn't change alot for the tournament. The Jackrabbits still have to beat them and they have proven to be a very good team.
                              It changes one thing, seeding position. A win in Fargo would have kept Jacks in drivers seat for a top 2 seed. Now at the mercy of others while needing to win out. Huge game with huge implications and SDSU came out flat with what turned out to be a poor game plan and even poorer execution. Now, perhaps that is because the Bison are way better. Based on the prior 2 games that argument has to be considered. Little reason to believe the Jacks should be favored to win the Summit Tourney based on the facts.

Comment

Have to figure out a way to slow down Bjorkland. We have tried to single him with Cody both games and he has made us pay. We slow him down we have a shot to beat them. We don't, we won't be dancing this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X