@ NDSU - high stakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ NDSU - high stakes

I figured a game of this magnitude needs an ongoing thread. The winner has control of the driver's seat with just two home games remaining. A loss (by SDSU) could eventually lead to us falling as far as fourth. Winning in Fargo is never easy (I believe we only have one win there in forever) and NDSU is coming off a good game in Omaha.

The current version of SDSU's team appears to have come a long way since the NDSU game in Frost. TV's blog mentioned that the Jacks were +83 in rebounding over their six game winning streak. They also outscored those six opponents by 84 points. For comparison, the Bison outscored those same six opponents by 36.

We'll need Larson to play more than just the second half (like the foul situation dictated at Frost) and White to find the basket on at least a couple of three's. Otherwise, if they just keep doing what they have been doing they should keep it close. We might not get this game in Fargo, but I agree with the poster (in another thread) who said that it is going to be a very tall order for NDSU to beat this team three times.

Re: @ NDSU - high stakes

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    I figured a game of this magnitude needs an ongoing thread. The winner has control of the driver's seat with just two home games remaining. A loss (by SDSU) could eventually lead to us falling as far as fourth. Winning in Fargo is never easy (I believe we only have one win there in forever) and NDSU is coming off a good game in Omaha.

The current version of SDSU's team appears to have come a long way since the NDSU game in Frost. TV's blog mentioned that the Jacks were +83 in rebounding over their six game winning streak. They also outscored those six opponents by 84 points. For comparison, the Bison outscored those same six opponents by 36.

We'll need Larson to play more than just the second half (like the foul situation dictated at Frost) and White to find the basket on at least a couple of three's. Otherwise, if they just keep doing what they have been doing they should keep it close. We might not get this game in Fargo, but I agree with the poster (in another thread) who said that it is going to be a very tall order for NDSU to beat this team three times.
    Jacks played great offensively against the Bison in Frost, shot the lights out and still lost. Reason? Defense and rebounding. Bison shot 56%, were +10 on the boards and shot and made 12 more FT's. That was your ballgame right there folks.

Focus has to be on defense and rebounding, the scoring will come. Jacks need to hold Bison to under 70. Do that and its a win for sure. That won't happen if SDSU doesn't control the boards and keep them off the foul line. I suspect this is going to be one heck of a battle and a great game. Bittle was a non-factor in the first game, he will make a difference on Saturday. Jackrabbits pull out a victory 73-65. I can't make it up to Fargo so I will be listening on my way to and while at the women's game in Frost.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I thought the game was going to be on Midco Sports, but their trucks will be in Vermillion for the Thursday night UNO vs USD game and the Saturday afternoon WIU vs. USD game.

I am guessing they want to save money by not moving their production during the week, but it sure seems like they are missing out on a more intriguing matchup in Fargo.

Fiddlesticks!
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        I thought the game was going to be on Midco Sports, but their trucks will be in Vermillion for the Thursday night UNO vs USD game and the Saturday afternoon WIU vs. USD game.

I am guessing they want to save money by not moving their production during the week, but it sure seems like they are missing out on a more intriguing matchup in Fargo.

Fiddlesticks!
        I believe they have 2 trucks now. One stays in ND, to handle all of the UND hockey games.

Comment

Fiddlesticks!
          Now there's an understatement. Come on Midco, do you want viewers or not?

What does NDSU use for their internet video feed? Do you think it will be available through Gojacks.com?

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/

According to Gojacks.com live video is not available. You may have to go through Gobison.com to get a live feed.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/

According to Gojacks.com live video is not available. You may have to go through Gobison.com to get a live feed.
              It is listed on MeTV. I looked it up and through Midco in Fargo it is listed as a NBC station in the higher number stations. Could you guys get through something similar? Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about stuff like this...hopefully it helps.

Comment

Gonna be tough to win in Fargo. NDSU is very good, but the Jacks have been playing extremely well lately. Hoping I can get this game on DirectTV.

If we do lose, I like our chances in Sioux Falls even better. It's tough to beat a team three times.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Now there's an understatement. Come on Midco, do you want viewers or not?

What does NDSU use for their internet video feed? Do you think it will be available through Gojacks.com?
                  Hopefully GoJacks adds the feed like they did the past 2 road games. But Midco needs to utilize a flex schedule like NBC does for SNF. Who wants to see the 6th and 7th place teams play a game when 1st place is on the line? Bad move.

In recent years I believe I watched the feed through GoJacks, so hopefully they add it again.

I thought maybe Midco could do a double header with the Jacks game at 2 and then the WIU-USD at 4. But I look at their schedule and what are they showing at 2? Sacramento State-UND Women's Basketball. Really? No offense to those teams but come on.

Comment

Come on, Midco. If you're not going to telecast a late-season showdown between the No. 1 and No. 2 Summit men's teams, you're wasting product potential and frustrating two of your biggest fan bases.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

It seems like there is an exchange agreement between NDSU and SDSU on streaming feeds. Keep checking the GOjacks. It might show up a little late.

Comment

I've watched the Bison feed multiple times on GoJacks.com.

It seems like they set the camera up about 3 feet higher than the top bleacher. Any play that leads to a standing/cheering crowd leads to a view of the back of a bunch of heads.

Hopefully they have a plan for better TV angles in the new BSA.

With that being said, I plan on watching on watching their feed via GoJacks on Saturday.

It is pretty dumb Midco isn't airing the game. They should have about 10 Summit regular season games circled at the start of the year. UNO/USD should not be one of those games.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          It seems like there is an exchange agreement between NDSU and SDSU on streaming feeds. Keep checking the GOjacks. I might show up a little late.
                          NDSU changed streaming companies this year so I'm not sure I'd put too much stock in the past. The quality is much better though now that we ditched neulion.

Comment

[QUOTE=SF_Rabbit_Fan;248232]I've watched the Bison feed multiple times on GoJacks.com.

It seems like they set the camera up about 3 feet higher than the top bleacher. Any play that leads to a standing/cheering crowd leads to a view of the back of a bunch of heads.

QUOTE]

Now that you say that, I recall the same lousy view of the action. Hopefully we will jump out to a big lead and keep the standing to a minimum!

Yes, Midco should just plan on being there when these two teams play. Midco does not even have coverage in Illinois, right? Who, exactly, are they hoping to show the WIU/USD game to?

Comment

Should be a great game Saturday, lot of different guys on each team could step up and propel their team to the win. Certainly should be large and vocal crowd on Saturday, thus far we have drawn pretty solid crowds but the noise level hasn't always been there, I expect that to change Saturday. Jacks are certainly playing at much higher level but I still like NDSU chances in Fargo. As for Sioux falls who knows, I obviously think the Bison have the best team but the SL can be wacky, I wouldn't for sure write down a rematch of last years final, but certainly hope it is as we are the best two teams in the league this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X