GDT: Jacks vs. Pioneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jacks vs. Pioneers

Wow...just wow. The type of win that can turn a season around.

BUT...

This win doesn't mean much if we don't take care of business on Saturday. And...we allow yet another team to shoot lights out.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Wow...just wow. The type of win that can turn a season around.

BUT...

This win doesn't mean much if we don't take care of business on Saturday. And...we allow yet another team to shoot lights out.
      This is a key point. Saturday is a more important win than it has been in some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Jacks haven't won at the dome since USD joined the Summit right?
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Here is the video to the ending of the Jacks game. Crazy. Dykstra's first three was a tough shot.
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

big win for the jacks. denver looked like they were starting to find their stride. winning there is a big accomplishment. both of our two teams have tough games again on saturday. i feel ndsu is favorite for 1 seed. 2-6 is anybodys ball game. omaha is playing a big factor in the final standings. keep that in mind

Comment

For those who are interested Denver's athletic site has video highlights. They also have replay of the audio so you can re-listen to the last 5 minutes and see how they reacted. They don't show any of SDSU making shots but they do show the last second 2 point shot at the 2:50 mark in the video. It was quite obvious that his foot was on the line

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209389391

http://www.denverpioneers.com/mediaP...B_OEM_ID=18600

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Here is the video to the ending of the Jacks game. Crazy. Dykstra's first three was a tough shot.
                nice find

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  nice find
                  Amen, the DU guy was clearly over the line when he let loose.

Comment

Looking at the video , I was amazed that Denver allowed the Jacks to inbound the ball so easily to Jordan with 3 seconds left. With as hot as he was , I would have doubled him and forced the ball to go anywhere but to him. It looked like Dykstra was going to inbound the ball before Denver took the timeout , which allowed Heemstra to get into the game to make the inbounds pass.

Comment

• Re: GDT: Jacks vs. Pioneers

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Looking at the video , I was amazed that Denver allowed the Jacks to inbound the ball so easily to Jordan with 3 seconds left. With as hot as he was , I would have doubled him and forced the ball to go anywhere but to him. It looked like Dykstra was going to inbound the ball before Denver took the timeout , which allowed Heemstra to get into the game to make the inbounds pass.
                      Tyler comment was about the same. Also the last inbounds could have went to Olson, but he was ignored. The pass went inbounds to the shooter. This is great to see what I heard on the radio WNAX, last night. I had a hell of time picturing what was going on. Notice the blue behind the team. Denver has a very nice facility, but so few fans. If they could fill that place with each game, they would be moving on to a bigger and better conference.

Comment

Thanks for posting the video replay. What a finish. I have to admit I angrily turned the radio off when the 97% Denver FT shooter went to the line with about 1:00 left. Fortunately I quckly broke down and checked this thread and noticed that Dykstra had hit not one but two threes in the few seconds I was away! I made it back to the radio in time for his FT and Denver's last shot. It's amazing how much my outlook on the remaining season changed during that one minute of radio silence! That's definitely the irrational outlook of a fan, but it is also what makes following college basketball so entertaining.

Another thing changed for me during those few seconds. I went from thinking that, "there is no way I am going to another MBB in Vermillion" to "maybe I'll give it another try". After the last two years I should know better and just endure the TV broadcast saturday.

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...-rally-win-dus

college basketball
                          Jackrabbits pull off late rally to beat Denver on the Pioneers' court

By Irv Moss
                          The Denver Post

Read more: Jackrabbits pull off late rally to beat Denver on the Pioneers' court - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...#ixzz2rzE8jdjd
                          Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
                          Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
                          An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                          US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            Thanks for posting the video replay. What a finish. I have to admit I angrily turned the radio off when the 97% Denver FT shooter went to the line with about 1:00 left. Fortunately I quckly broke down and checked this thread and noticed that Dykstra had hit not one but two threes in the few seconds I was away! I made it back to the radio in time for his FT and Denver's last shot. It's amazing how much my outlook on the remaining season changed during that one minute of radio silence! That's definitely the irrational outlook of a fan, but it is also what makes following college basketball so entertaining.

Another thing changed for me during those few seconds. I went from thinking that, "there is no way I am going to another MBB in Vermillion" to "maybe I'll give it another try". After the last two years I should know better and just endure the TV broadcast saturday.
                            Its a new day, no doubt about it.

Comment

Great win. Great finish. Hopefully the team can use this win to build momentum heading into the second half. Saturday is a big game to keep the momentum rolling. The Rabbits need to clear their heads about that damn dome and go take care of business. That team from Vermillion will be ready.

GO RABBITS!

Comment

If this team has any shot at winning the Summit they have to figure out how to get stops on defense. They were bad again last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X