Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Jacks vs. Pioneers

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    If this team has any shot at winning the Summit they have to figure out how to get stops on defense. They were bad again last night.

Exactly....Denver got an excellent look having to go the length of the court in 4 seconds...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      For those who are interested Denver's athletic site has video highlights. They also have replay of the audio so you can re-listen to the last 5 minutes and see how they reacted. They don't show any of SDSU making shots but they do show the last second 2 point shot at the 2:50 mark in the video. It was quite obvious that his foot was on the line

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209389391

http://www.denverpioneers.com/mediaP...B_OEM_ID=18600
      Looking at the video did the Denver player that shot the last shot double dribble? Not that it matters.
      Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 01-31-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I watched about the last 15 minutes of the game.

I thought it was over too.

What an amazing comeback!

Also...what was that inbounder doing against the Jackrabbits press? He had a guy WIDE OPEN right in front of him. Terrible decision by him.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
          I watched about the last 15 minutes of the game.

I thought it was over too.

What an amazing comeback!

Also...what was that inbounder doing against the Jackrabbits press? He had a guy WIDE OPEN right in front of him. Terrible decision by him.
          A guy that shoots 92% from the free throw line.

I think he made a great decision.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Looking at the video did the Denver player that shot the last shot double dribble? Not that it matters.
            I relooked and yes he had both hands on the ball for just an instant. Had he made a 3 pt. Nagy could possibly have asked for a review. Either way we win. Its interesting to speculate how the OT would have went? I think our guys would have found a way to win.

Comment

I remember reading that Larson was the fastest player on the team. I think he really surprised Love by throwing that half court pass with 17 seconds left and Larson sprinted toward the ball and stole it for kick out to Dykstra for his last 3 pointer. Larson has been a really good and solid player for us this year.

Onto USD and I hope the Denver win inspired the team to do great things this year.

Go State!!!
              Go Jacks!!!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I relooked and yes he had both hands on the ball for just an instant. Had he made a 3 pt. Nagy could possibly have asked for a review. Either way we win. Its interesting to speculate how the OT would have went? I think our guys would have found a way to win.
                You cannot ask for a review on judgement calls like double-dribble, traveling,etc.... Only game and shot clock issues , checking if a shot was a 2 or 3 and whether or not a foul is flagrant.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  You cannot ask for a review on judgement calls like double-dribble, traveling,etc.... Only game and shot clock issues , checking if a shot was a 2 or 3 and whether or not a foul is flagrant.
                  Are you sure? Seems to me that any rule could be challenged. Not looking for a rhubarb, but that seems to me the purpose of the review.
                  Seems to me every call by the refs are judgement calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Are you sure? Seems to me that any rule could be challenged. Not looking for a rhubarb, but that seems to me the purpose of the review.
                    Seems to me every call by the refs are judgement calls.
                    He is 100% right.

Whether a guys foot is on the three point line is a definitive call that can be reviewed. Same thing with clock issues (ie. did a guy get a shot off in time). A double dribble, travel, foul call, etc are not reviewable plays.

Comment

You can also review out bounds calls in the last two minutes and overtime.

Comment

Did some googling and did not find anything. I assume you are correct. The more that I think about this, there has to be limits of some sort so another reason to say you are correct. I don't plan on doing any officiating any time soon.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 01-31-2014, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Just for fun, I would like to point out to fellow posters just how unbelieveable the final 23 seconds of this game was (the most unbelieveable reverse process I have seen in all my life) by pointing out how many things had to go right for the Jacks to win.

#1 Chad White missed a three-pointer with 23 seconds left and the rebound went off Denver, so we still had the ball. (Calculate the % of similar shots they captured the rebound.)
                          #2 Dykstra gets the inbound (after SDSU timeout) with 17 seconds left and drains a 3. (Calculate % chances on hitting it (50%?) Jacks trail by 2.
                          #3 Denver inbounds the ball and the player throwing the ball attempts to make a long pass to a player way down the floor, and Cody Larson intercepts it. (Calculate the odds on Denver getting it somebody that we have to foul.)
                          #4 Cody passes to Carlson who gets it to Dykstra in exactly the same spot he just made a 3 with 14 seconds left. Dykstra makes it (good odds on that one). Jacks up by 1.
                          #5 Denver gets the ball down the floor and goes to Udolfia, who loses the ball out of bounds (guess how many times that would happen?...maybe 50% at best)
                          #6 We inbound the ball to Dykstra, who is fouled instantly with 3.2 seconds left. He makes the first FT giving us a 2 point lead. Need that second one and Jordan delivers.
                          #5 Denver takes the ball out and gets the ball down the floor in time to shoot a three pointer and makes it...overtime! Wait...he went through the double team so fast, he couldn't pull up at the three point line.
                          Bottom line: Chances of everyone of those items falling into place...nada...zero...zilch...oh wait they did. Holy Nutmeg! I've seen a ton of amazing plays at the finish of games...I've never seen one that had so many elements that had to fall into place, for a team to be behind 5 points in a game with 17 seconds left and still win. Glad I got to see it live!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X