• Walrus
    replied
    Re: GDT: Jacks vs. Pioneers

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...-rally-win-dus

college basketball
    Jackrabbits pull off late rally to beat Denver on the Pioneers' court

By Irv Moss
    The Denver Post

Read more: Jackrabbits pull off late rally to beat Denver on the Pioneers' court - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/c...#ixzz2rzE8jdjd
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Thanks for posting the video replay. What a finish. I have to admit I angrily turned the radio off when the 97% Denver FT shooter went to the line with about 1:00 left. Fortunately I quckly broke down and checked this thread and noticed that Dykstra had hit not one but two threes in the few seconds I was away! I made it back to the radio in time for his FT and Denver's last shot. It's amazing how much my outlook on the remaining season changed during that one minute of radio silence! That's definitely the irrational outlook of a fan, but it is also what makes following college basketball so entertaining.

Another thing changed for me during those few seconds. I went from thinking that, "there is no way I am going to another MBB in Vermillion" to "maybe I'll give it another try". After the last two years I should know better and just endure the TV broadcast saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Looking at the video , I was amazed that Denver allowed the Jacks to inbound the ball so easily to Jordan with 3 seconds left. With as hot as he was , I would have doubled him and forced the ball to go anywhere but to him. It looked like Dykstra was going to inbound the ball before Denver took the timeout , which allowed Heemstra to get into the game to make the inbounds pass.
    Tyler comment was about the same. Also the last inbounds could have went to Olson, but he was ignored. The pass went inbounds to the shooter. This is great to see what I heard on the radio WNAX, last night. I had a hell of time picturing what was going on. Notice the blue behind the team. Denver has a very nice facility, but so few fans. If they could fill that place with each game, they would be moving on to a bigger and better conference.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Looking at the video , I was amazed that Denver allowed the Jacks to inbound the ball so easily to Jordan with 3 seconds left. With as hot as he was , I would have doubled him and forced the ball to go anywhere but to him. It looked like Dykstra was going to inbound the ball before Denver took the timeout , which allowed Heemstra to get into the game to make the inbounds pass.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    nice find
    Amen, the DU guy was clearly over the line when he let loose.

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

Originally posted by witness View Post
    Here is the video to the ending of the Jacks game. Crazy. Dykstra's first three was a tough shot.
    nice find

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

For those who are interested Denver's athletic site has video highlights. They also have replay of the audio so you can re-listen to the last 5 minutes and see how they reacted. They don't show any of SDSU making shots but they do show the last second 2 point shot at the 2:50 mark in the video. It was quite obvious that his foot was on the line

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=209389391

http://www.denverpioneers.com/mediaP...B_OEM_ID=18600

Leave a comment:

• ndsubison1
    replied

big win for the jacks. denver looked like they were starting to find their stride. winning there is a big accomplishment. both of our two teams have tough games again on saturday. i feel ndsu is favorite for 1 seed. 2-6 is anybodys ball game. omaha is playing a big factor in the final standings. keep that in mind

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Here is the video to the ending of the Jacks game. Crazy. Dykstra's first three was a tough shot.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Jacks haven't won at the dome since USD joined the Summit right?

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Wow...just wow. The type of win that can turn a season around.

BUT...

This win doesn't mean much if we don't take care of business on Saturday. And...we allow yet another team to shoot lights out.
    This is a key point. Saturday is a more important win than it has been in some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

Wow...just wow. The type of win that can turn a season around.

BUT...

This win doesn't mean much if we don't take care of business on Saturday. And...we allow yet another team to shoot lights out.

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

Jacks tie get down five. thought to self well might as well erase this from the DVR. was on RootRM Dish 414. Dykstra hits a three, Jacks pressure inbound, they never do that, Larsen steals a bad pass, Dykstra gets a pass and hits a three, Jacks lead, wait, that usually happens TO the Jacks, not For the Jacks. long two game over Jacks win, will not erase the DVR. unbeleeebbbbabbble

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Final stats: Denver shot 59%, SDSU shot 49%. Jacks +12 on the glass, including 10 offensive rebounds.

Dykstra ended up leading the team with 18 pts. Larson with 17 and 9. White 13 pts, Bittle 10pts and Carlson with 9.

Huge win.
    It's INCREDIBLY rare for a team to out-rebound a team when getting out shot by 10%. Especially by such a large margin.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Talk about the biggest swing of emotions. Everyone at first thinks DU hits a 3 but then it was obviously a 2. Crazy. Gotta love college basketball. But I'd feel sick if I was Denver.
    My thoughts too, it has to be tough to be on the line with that key basket. When USD's Gruis missed his two ft. tonight, he had a very wounded look on his face, and you can't blame him. These games are getting close and hard on the old ticker to watch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X