Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 recruits

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I honestly have never asked him about that. I hardly ever get to talk to him. Large family and I don't have a chance to make it to many family gatherings. I think it is safe to assume he is a Jackrabbit fan.
    For Filbert's review...and the NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      For Filbert's review...and the NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Be careful out there. And don't mess it up!!
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Someone once told me I was paranoid, but I was suspicious . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I went to the Washington vs. Sioux Valley game Saturday at the Pentagon. Sioux Valley lost by 1 in double overtime, it was a high school game worth paying to see.

Vincent had 22 points, not sure about rebounds, assists, or steals. He was definitely one of the best players on the floor, IMO. It will be interesting to see where his career goes.

For those in the Brookings area, if you like high school basketball, it would be worthwhile to drive over to Volga to catch this team in the coming weeks. It looked to me like SV has 2-4 players who could make at least a GPAC roster down the road (two posts over 6-5, and the other guard Larson? had nearly 20 against Washington if my memory serves).
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            I went to the Washington vs. Sioux Valley game Saturday at the Pentagon. Sioux Valley lost by 1 in double overtime, it was a high school game worth paying to see.

Vincent had 22 points, not sure about rebounds, assists, or steals. He was definitely one of the best players on the floor, IMO. It will be interesting to see where his career goes.

For those in the Brookings area, if you like high school basketball, it would be worthwhile to drive over to Volga to catch this team in the coming weeks. It looked to me like SV has 2-4 players who could make at least a GPAC roster down the road (two posts over 6-5, and the other guard Larson? had nearly 20 against Washington if my memory serves).
            Volga beats SF Washington, only in my dreams, but it was close to a reality last Saturday. I would have loved to have seen this game. SV is which class A? I know they play Madison a former ESD school on Thursday in Volga. Years ago, if they teams met, you can bet, that the game would be in Madison. No one wants to play in Dogpatch. (old nickname for Volga)
            Last edited by Nidaros; 02-03-2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Volga beats SF Washington, only in my dreams, but it was close to a reality last Saturday. I would have loved to have seen this game. SV is which class A? I know they play Madison a former ESD school on Thursday in Volga. Years ago, if they teams met, you can bet, that the game would be in Madison. No one wants to play in Dogpatch. (old nickname for Volga)
              Sioux Valley plays at Madison on Friday, the 14th of February. Should be a sweetheart of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                Sioux Valley plays at Madison on Friday, the 14th of February. Should be a sweetheart of a game.
                Thanks, I got my dates wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

I heard that it was triple overtime but I wasn't there so I don't know for sure. Regardless, it was a great game either way. I heard that a foul was called on SV with 3 seconds left when the ball was on the ground in the lane and a SV player dove for it and hit on Washington player. If you read the Sunday Argus the Washington player said twice that he wasn't fouled but there was contact. You don't normally hear the guy that was fouled and won the game say that. The Washington player went to the line and made both FT's, Tate had a half court shot to win the game but missed.
                  I heard that SV had a couple of other chances to win. Tate went to the free throw line and only made 1 of 3. If he would of made 2 SV could of won. Tate was 6 of 9 from the line for the game. That is rare for him because he won a "Knights of Columbus" free throw contest and other contests. I also heard that Larson was 1 of 2 from the line that would have helped SV win the game. I don't know if these trips to the line were at the end of regulation and an OT or not but I heard that if they made their FT's, SV would have won so I think it might have been near the end.
                  Tate is a good player but he is still young. I heard that he was 2 for 11 against DeSmet and 4 for 13 against Chester so he does have off games, too. He does rebound really well for a PG and he gets a fair amount of assists. I heard that either him or a freshman from Saint Thomas More(I think) was the best freshman in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    I heard that it was triple overtime but I wasn't there so I don't know for sure. Regardless, it was a great game either way. I heard that a foul was called on SV with 3 seconds left when the ball was on the ground in the lane and a SV player dove for it and hit on Washington player. If you read the Sunday Argus the Washington player said twice that he wasn't fouled but there was contact. You don't normally hear the guy that was fouled and won the game say that. The Washington player went to the line and made both FT's, Tate had a half court shot to win the game but missed.
                    I heard that SV had a couple of other chances to win. Tate went to the free throw line and only made 1 of 3. If he would of made 2 SV could of won. Tate was 6 of 9 from the line for the game. That is rare for him because he won a "Knights of Columbus" free throw contest and other contests. I also heard that Larson was 1 of 2 from the line that would have helped SV win the game. I don't know if these trips to the line were at the end of regulation and an OT or not but I heard that if they made their FT's, SV would have won so I think it might have been near the end.
                    Tate is a good player but he is still young. I heard that he was 2 for 11 against DeSmet and 4 for 13 against Chester so he does have off games, too. He does rebound really well for a PG and he gets a fair amount of assists. I heard that either him or a freshman from Saint Thomas More(I think) was the best freshman in the state.
                    It was, "triple" overtime

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      /begin wet blanket mode

Let's be careful about suggestions like this...the NCAA is not notorious for its sense of humor about recruiting irregularities (at least outside the elite schools, anyway) . . .

Rule #1: don't screw things up.

/end wet blanket mode
                      filbert's right.

If someone is an athletic "booster" then they may not contact a recruit or the recruit's parents and encourage the recruit to enroll -- I believe there is no exception for a booster who is a relative of the recruit (of course, parents can encourage etc.). A regular feature in the "Bum" sports program is a summary of compliance rules prepared by Kathy Heylens, Asst Athletic Director. I did a quick search on the internet and found a summary on the PAC12 website which contains information I've seen printed in the Bum -- here's the link: http://compliance.pac-12.org/tools/t..._boosters.html

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                        I see what you did there.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          filbert's right.

If someone is an athletic "booster" then they may not contact a recruit or the recruit's parents and encourage the recruit to enroll -- I believe there is no exception for a booster who is a relative of the recruit (of course, parents can encourage etc.). A regular feature in the "Bum" sports program is a summary of compliance rules prepared by Kathy Heylens, Asst Athletic Director. I did a quick search on the internet and found a summary on the PAC12 website which contains information I've seen printed in the Bum -- here's the link: http://compliance.pac-12.org/tools/t..._boosters.html
                          That's great reading there. My favorite quote "only normal civility occurs". Read it. Learn it. Live it.

Comment

Working...
                          X