Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 recruits

Might as well throw this out there:
    Sioux Valley 6'3" freshman point Tayt Vincent is atop SDSU's want list for the Class of 2017. No offer out yet, but it is believed to be coming later this year. Vincent leads Sioux Valley with 15.9 ppg (191 points) and 7.0 rpg. He is shooting 24-of-59 from 3-point land for 40.7 percent and has canned 35-of-40 free throws for 87.5 percent.
    The Cossacks have a good mix of seniors surrounding Vincent and sophomore post 6'6" Collin Kramer. If you are around Brookings/Volga next week, the Cossacks are at home for their next three games. They are a fun team to watch.

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/bbk-sioux-valleys-father-son-formula/?id=159385

Re: 2017 recruits

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    Sioux Valley 6'3" freshman point Tayt Vincent is atop SDSU's want list for the Class of 2017. No offer out yet, but it is believed to be coming later this year. Vincent leads Sioux Valley with 15.9 ppg (191 points) and 7.0 rpg. He is shooting 24-of-59 from 3-point land for 40.7 percent and has canned 35-of-40 free throws for 87.5 percent.
    The Cossacks have a good mix of seniors surrounding Vincent and sophomore post 6'6" Collin Kramer. If you are around Brookings/Volga next week, the Cossacks are at home for their next three games. They are a fun team to watch.

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/bbk-sioux-valleys-father-son-formula/?id=159385
    Tayt is my cousin Jill's oldest son. Great kid from a great family. Mom and dad are from DeSmet. I would be more than thrilled to see him in a Jackrabbit uniform some day. I the meantime, I know he will continue to get great parenting and coaching. No matter what he decides or where he ends up his parents, teachers, coaches and teammates have done a great job thus far and there is no reason to believe that won't continue to. Good luck to Tayt, Coach Vincent and all the Cossacks going forward.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

In addition, Sioux Valley plays Sioux Falls Washington at the Pentagon this Saturday. I think the gametime may conflict with the USD game though.

I've casually followed Tayt's career as I have a bit of a connection to the area, and he could be a steal for SDSU. A decent basketball mind I've spoken with thinks he will be a MVC level player at least. But he's young and its early so who knows.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Mom was all-state VB player, maybe BB as well. She played VB at Dakota State. Dad went to SDSU, great basketball mind, fantastic father and coach, great role model. Again, I'm slightly biased.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Mom was all-state VB player, maybe BB as well. She played VB at Dakota State. Dad went to SDSU, great basketball mind, fantastic father and coach, great role model. Again, I'm slightly biased.
          Is his dream to be a Jackrabbit? Living that close to Brookings I have to assume he has followed the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Is his dream to be a Jackrabbit? Living that close to Brookings I have to assume he has followed the Jacks.
            I honestly have never asked him about that. I hardly ever get to talk to him. Large family and I don't have a chance to make it to many family gatherings. I think it is safe to assume he is a Jackrabbit fan.

Comment

I had heard really good things about this kid last year. Hopefully I can see him play soon.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I have a feeling that by the end of 2015, Tayt will be out of SDSU's range if he continues playing like he has this year. He's got the potential to go high-major if he continues to develop. Having seen him last summer on the AAU circuit, he was one of the best players on the court with his competition.

Comment

I have a feeling that by the end of 2015, Tayt will be out of SDSU's range if he continues playing like he has this year. He's got the potential to go high-major if he continues to develop. Having seen him last summer on the AAU circuit, he was one of the best players on the court with his competition.
                  I think SDSU biggest risk is the AAU tourneys which Tayt will no doubt be a participant. You never know he might want to be a Jackrabbit. With Dad being an alum, that might help, but with offers from Major programs, it will no doubt be hard to turn down.

Btw, I just asked the guy who shovels out my wide driveway if he was related to the Volga Vincent's and he said his dad was a first cousin to Coach Vincent. I don't know if that helps but cousin Jesse does a great job clearing the snow out of my drive-way after the City of Arlington blades it shut. The Vincent's are great people, and SV is lucky to have Dad as a coach. As Jackmd said, he has a great basketball mind. Look out SF Washington.

Comment

Need to put on the full court press if that's the case. (That includes you JackMD) If he's actually got a shot at going high major I'm surprised State hasn't offered already. Maybe they can't yet? Not sure. Either way, State better be the first to offer him.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      Need to put on the full court press if that's the case. (That includes you JackMD) If he's actually got a shot at going high major I'm surprised State hasn't offered already. Maybe they can't yet? Not sure. Either way, State better be the first to offer him.
                      I believe the amount of contact a coaching staff can have with a recruit this age is limited. I think you can offer at almost any age - haven't there been cases of schools offering 7th or 8th graders ?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        /begin wet blanket mode

Let's be careful about suggestions like this...the NCAA is not notorious for its sense of humor about recruiting irregularities (at least outside the elite schools, anyway) . . .

Rule #1: don't screw things up.

/end wet blanket mode
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I agree. He's been on the Schoolers U-15 team for two seasons I believe. Once he starts playing with the big boys (this summer? 2015 summer for sure) the offers could pile up.

Bill is an excellent coach, there can't be many at the A level who have won more games in the last 15 years, coached more All State players, or sent more players to play collegiate basketball at some level or another.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

If a high school athlete is meeting with recruiters at his high school and the principal who graduated from that university pops in and joking for the most part reminding the athlete to remember that she signs the diplomas, I am not too worried about recruiting.
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              /begin wet blanket mode

Let's be careful about suggestions like this...the NCAA is not notorious for its sense of humor about recruiting irregularities (at least outside the elite schools, anyway) . . .

Rule #1: don't screw things up.

/end wet blanket mode

I knew I'd get something like this...ugh...

He's a family member, not a neighbor.

Using your motto: I think we'll be ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X