Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jordan Dykstra

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    I know when the season started everyone was just going to give the POY award to Braun, but I think Jordan should be given serious consideration. At this time Jordan has scored 3 more points in conference play that Braun has.

So I was wondering if the POY is only based upon conference play or all of the games including the OOC games.

Anyway we need to start a campaign to get Jordan the POY award.
    I believe it's just for play in conference games. It usually goes to the best player on the team that wins,or makes a good run at winning the league regular season championship.

Comment

I feel that Dykstra has a good chance to win POY, but if the bison finish 1st in the conference regular season standing its going to be either Braun or Bjorklund. I think that is why Morrison got POY instead of Nate his junior year.

Comment

If Jacks win out or have one loss, Dykstra wins. When Dykstra scored the last 14pts for a win, he showed he could take over a game. He's always put up numbers but that time I felt he took over a game for the first time. I have met Dykstra a few times through mutual friends and I must say he is a high character player and it is good to see he is stepping out of Wolters shadow and making a legacy of his own.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          I feel that Dykstra has a good chance to win POY, but if the bison finish 1st in the conference regular season standing its going to be either Braun or Bjorklund. I think that is why Morrison got POY instead of Nate his junior year.
          Morrison won because it was his senior year and Nate was a Junior.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
            Morrison won because it was his senior year and Nate was a Junior.
            I don't think the committee that chooses POY for the Summit League looks at what year the player is. It shouldn't matter whether you are a junior or senior. It's a shame if they do look at that. Statically Nate had the better season, but team wise ORU won the regular season and Morrison had the 2nd best season statically in the summit that year. If SDSU would have won the regular season i guarantee you that Nate would have won POY.

Comment

I don't think the committee that chooses POY for the Summit League looks at what year the player is. It shouldn't matter whether you are a junior or senior. It's a shame if they do look at that. Statically Nate had the better season, but team wise ORU won the regular season and Morrison had the 2nd best season statically in the summit that year. If SDSU would have won the regular season i guarantee you that Nate would have won POY.
              I agree. Morrison was a really good player on the best team in the league. No sour grapes from me about Nate finishing 2nd.

Imagine if Oakland was still in the Summit. Bader would make a serious case for himself as POY as well.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I have sour grapes about Morrison. Nate was clearly better, and he didn't disappear in big games like Morrison. Should have been the 2 time POY.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Don't forget that the year Morrison won the League MVP, Reggie Hamilton led the nation in scoring for Oakland as well. I think this contributed to Morrison winning over Nate, as Reggie probably took some of the "best player" line-of-thinking votes while Morrison didn't lose any of the "best player on the best team" votes.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Jordan is definately the best big man of the DI era.

And he's probably the most talented, skill-wise of all time.

Now, there were other big men in history who were more successful as far as wins and legacy (Tetzlaff for one), but Jordan can do so many things well.

Very talented player.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Don't forget that the year Morrison won the League MVP, Reggie Hamilton led the nation in scoring for Oakland as well. I think this contributed to Morrison winning over Nate, as Reggie probably took some of the "best player" line-of-thinking votes while Morrison didn't lose any of the "best player on the best team" votes.
                      Those people were wrong as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        I agree. Morrison was a really good player on the best team in the league. No sour grapes from me about Nate finishing 2nd.

Imagine if Oakland was still in the Summit. Bader would make a serious case for himself as POY as well.
                        Its going to be interesting if Bader will get any consideration for POY in the Horizon at seasons end. If Oakland was still in the Summit i would have to think that Bader would have been the preseason favorite.

Comment

Its going to be interesting if Bader will get any consideration for POY in the Horizon at seasons end. If Oakland was still in the Summit i would have to think that Bader would have been the preseason favorite.
                          Still would have been Braun, IMO. Best player on the best team. And probably the overall most talented.

Comment

If Oakland had Braun instead of Bader they would be contending in the Horizon this year.

I think some people underrate Braun in this thread, he will finish top 10 at NDSU in points, rebounds, steals and assists. He is top five in the conference in all of those categories right now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                              If Oakland had Braun instead of Bader they would be contending in the Horizon this year.

I think some people underrate Braun in this thread, he will finish top 10 at NDSU in points, rebounds, steals and assists. He is top five in the conference in all of those categories right now as well.
                              I disagree. I don't think anyone has said anything bad about Braun. They are just making the argument to have Jordan be in contention for POY. Both are stud players for the teams they are on and will both be high in the voting for POY. I've hated watching Braun play (because he is good) so I'll be happy when he graduates. NDSU fans will push for Braun and SDSU fans will be pushing for Jordan. Both players are deserving.
                              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                                I disagree. I don't think anyone has said anything bad about Braun. They are just making the argument to have Jordan be in contention for POY. Both are stud players for the teams they are on and will both be high in the voting for POY. I've hated watching Braun play (because he is good) so I'll be happy when he graduates. NDSU fans will push for Braun and SDSU fans will be pushing for Jordan. Both players are deserving.
                                My post was more about Bader, good player but he is kind of one dimensional. Oakland would be a better team with either Braun or Dykstra.

As for POY, I am not ripping anyone for picking Dykstra. I think Braun has the edge but there is a lot of basketball left to be played.

Comment

Working...
                                X