No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU vs Lehigh (Legends Classic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs Lehigh (Legends Classic)

Overall, a good night for the Jacks. Had some lapses on offense including a 7 minute scoreless drought. 14 TO's isn't good either, but the shooting was much improved.

Jacks shot 47% overall, 10-20 from 3 for 50%. 14-16 at the line, (88%). +12 on the glass, -7 TO differential. Jacks only committed 10 fouls all night.

Carlson 10 pts, 9 asts.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      I knew Dykstra could do this and I'm glad he was able to and set his career high for points and posted another double-double. Carlson set his career high in assists. It didn't look like Larson had his legs underneath him tonight. White had a nice game as well. This team doesn't even know how good they can be.
      You sound like a Bison fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

It was a 19pt lead with the Jacks offense gaining momentum before Nagy took out the starters. Just need to cut down on the turnovers and avoid the scoring droughts and the team will be fine.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
          You sound like a Bison fan.
          And why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Overall, a good night for the Jacks. Had some lapses on offense including a 7 minute scoreless drought. 14 TO's isn't good either, but the shooting was much improved.

Jacks shot 47% overall, 10-20 from 3 for 50%. 14-16 at the line, (88%). +12 on the glass, -7 TO differential. Jacks only committed 10 fouls all night.

Carlson 10 pts, 9 asts.
            I thought Carlson played GREAT tonight. Exactly how I would think Nagy wants to see him play. Can't believe he had 6 turnovers though, I don't even remember 2 lol

Comment

And why is that?
              Replace "Dykstra" with "Braun" and "Larson" with "Wright" and you might as well be a Bison fan. The third best team in the Summit playing on their home court just beat the sixth best team in the Patriot league.

Comment

Replace "Dykstra" with "Braun" and "Larson" with "Wright" and you might as well be a Bison fan. The third best team in the Summit playing on their home court just beat the sixth best team in the Patriot league.
                Please. I said Dykstra had a career night, Carlson set a career high in assists and I also said that Larson didn't have his legs underneath him tonight. I also said that I like the potential of this team, but I guess I should focus on just the negatives. Like I said earlier there is so much negativity on this team. Erase the two scoring droughts and this is a 25+ point win.

Comment

Please. I said Dykstra had a career night, Carlson set a career high in assists and I said Larson didn't have his legs underneath him tonight. Also, I said that I like the potential of this team. I guess I should focus on just the negatives. Like I said earlier there is so much negativity on this team. Erase the two scoring droughts and this is a 25+ point win.
                  No, there is not "negativity" on here, there is posters stating facts, that you interpret as negative comments. You are CORRECT...Dykstra had a great game, but other poster have pointed out when he hasn't played well, and you jump down their throat. The truth lies somewhere in the middle, but you fail to let anyone on here point out the flaws. This team is playing like the third best team in the Summit. I feel like we have a good chance of winning the SL tourney, but at the same time, I should be able to point out poor performances, just like you choose to celebrate great performances. Yet, anytime someone on here questions the performance of this team, you take the alternative opinion, so I am just doing the same. Can we agree, that not every post requires an alternative negative or positive response. You are certainly entitled to your opinion without it being minimized or scrutinized by other posters, yet you choose to always feel like you need to offer a counterpoint, so I just offered it up tonight.

Again, I agree, a great game by the seniors tonight, but they need to play like this all season to compete for the SL title.

Comment

Well the lack of action is a good sign that there's not much negativity for this game. Maybe the offensive droughts, didn't look good against zone, Larson could have jazzed up his dunks some more...

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                      Well the lack of action is a good sign that there's not much negativity for this game. Maybe the offensive droughts, didn't look good against zone, Larson could have jazzed up his dunks some more...
                      An overall well-rounded performance...Lehigh is an average mid-major and the type of team that should be dominated in Frost if the Jacks hope to compete for a Summit League title.

Comment

An overall well-rounded performance...Lehigh is an average mid-major and the type of team that should be dominated in Frost if the Jacks hope to compete for a Summit League title.
                        Agreed. It felt like the last few years for awhile there where the other team just stands no chance.

Comment

Haha. If anything, I have been hard on Dykstra for the last 2 years or so and have said he has struggled offensively this year. Like offering a positive output and saying I like the potential of the team is offering a counterpoint just because I don't see the negatives. There is a reason why Nagy, Dykstra and players say this team has potential to be a very good ball club and that is what I have been saying for the very beginning this year.

Have the Jacks shot well yet? No, but that doesn't make them a bad shooting team. All I have said is that this team will start start making shots so I am not worried the jacks as a team right now and won't be win or lose until conference season starts. Also, that not so subtle dig of saying I sound like a Bison fan was not cool

Comment

Haha. If anything, I have been hard on Dykstra for the last 2 years or so and have said he has struggled offensively this year. Like offering a positive output and saying I like the potential of the team is offering a counterpoint just because I don't see the negatives. There is a reason why Nagy, Dykstra and players say this team has potential to be a very good ball club and that is what I have been saying for the very beginning this year.

Have the Jacks shot well yet? No, but that doesn't make them a bad shooting team. All I have said is that this team will start start making shots so I am not worried the jacks as a team right now and won't be win or lose until conference season starts. Also, that not so subtle dig of saying I sound like a Bison fan was not cool

Fair enough, and I take back my comment about you "sounding like a Bison fan"....a Bison fan would say something like that after a loss. We both agree this team will be just fine, and has the potential to win the Summit.

Comment

I know this isn't the same but back in 2010 when the newly assembled Heat were 9-8, reporters asked LeBron what is wrong with the team and he responded, "Rome wasn't built in one day" and they have turned out fine. I have used that mentality for this team, because they are learning to figure out their identity and combining old players with new players. It's about making baby steps than leaps and bounds.

Comment

Fair enough, and I take back my comment about you "sounding like a Bison fan"....a Bison fan would say something like that after a loss. We both agree this team will be just fine, and has the potential to win the Summit.
                                Plus , a Bison fan would have added how they should not be playing like that because they are so "athletic".

Comment

Working...
                                X