2015 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Recruits

Levi Bradley commits to Northern Illinois. Had SDSU offer.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

SDSU offers two 2016 recruits today, 6-9 big man Reed Nikko from Maple Grove, MN and 6-1 PG Trevor Anderson from Stevens Point, WI.
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Reed Nikko's highlights:

"Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Trevor Anderson's Highlights:

Do we have a 2016 recruiting thread yet? I looked but couldn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            Do we have a 2016 recruiting thread yet? I looked but couldn't find it.
            I don't believe we have one yet for the class of 2016 in MBB. I've just been mentioning the 2016 offers I find in this thread because of my reluctance to start a new one and, in turn, volunteer myself to keep the first page updated. I may break down and do it eventually, it's just that I have commitment issues
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
              Reed Nikko's highlights:

At the three minute mark you can see Reed against current SDSU freshman Ian Thiesen, and Nikko dunks on Thiesen at 3:09.

Comment

Highlight reels aside......Reed is bouncy and a good athlete. His game is very raw. He needs to work on his strength a lot. Good kid. As far as dunks go that is his strength right now. A great deal of potential but has to get more fight in the dog so to speak. It's a good offer for the Jacks as they already offered Davidson who plays the point for Maple Grove.

Comment

Levi Bradley signed with Northern Illinois.

J.T. Gibson is visiting on September 20th. Not sure if the date was mentioned.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Tyler Hall committed to Montana State tonight.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Nate Navigato has committed to U of Buffalo. Had SDSU offer.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Per Ryan James: 6'3 Guard JT Gibson from Champlin Park was on an official visit this weekend at South Dakota State

He still has upcoming visits to NDSU and UNO, so it's safe to say we're on his short list.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Kind of surprising how much of the regional talent are taking other mid-major offers from some schools far from home. Sure different than the women's recruiting. I think for a Minnesota recruit the allure of playing close to home and in the Summit League Tournament in Sioux Falls would be enticing. Is part of the recruiting process taking a recruit to the First Premiere Center in Sioux Falls to show them the kind of facility they will play in for the post season?

Comment

How many open scholarships for 2015? Little surprised we have no commitments for 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Kind of surprising how much of the regional talent are taking other mid-major offers from some schools far from home. Sure different than the women's recruiting. I think for a Minnesota recruit the allure of playing close to home and in the Summit League Tournament in Sioux Falls would be enticing. Is part of the recruiting process taking a recruit to the First Premiere Center in Sioux Falls to show them the kind of facility they will play in for the post season?
                              For J.T.'s visit, he scrimmaged with some of the guys and got to hang out on campus. He arrived Friday and left Sunday. Reed Tellinghuisen was the player designated to show him around town. He is a really good kid and would be a great get for the basketball team. From what I can tell, the visit didn't go terrible, but it wasn't spectacular. It was just okay. He seems to really like Anders though. Hopefully he doesn't have experiences that really wow him in Omaha and Fargo. I still think that he might pick us, but I felt a lot better about him coming here before the visit.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                How many open scholarships for 2015? Little surprised we have no commitments for 2015.
                                We have 2 scholarships available at the moment.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X