2015 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Recruits

SDSU offered Brad Davison, class of 2017 from Osseo, MN (Howard Pulley HS) a scholarship today.

http://247sports.com/Player/Brad-Davison-55090

Highlights from 8th grade year. Still pretty impressive.

Comment

Jacks first to offer 2016 recruit Ryan Kriener (6'9" 225 lbs) out of New Hampton, IA.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/ryan-kriener
      http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2447449/ryan-kriener
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Just to update our offers:

Nick McGlynn verbally committed to Drake

Brevin Pritzl verbally committed to Wisconsin

Spencer Haldeman verbally committed to Northern Iowa
        - Steven Wright

Comment

@RyanJamesMN 6-foot-9 2015 PF Deng Geu (Dakota Schoolers/SF Washington) has been offered scholarships by North Dakota State and South Dakota State

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            @RyanJamesMN 6-foot-9 2015 PF Deng Geu (Dakota Schoolers/SF Washington) has been offered scholarships by North Dakota State and South Dakota State
            Geu is extremely athletic, he would be a very good get. Right now his game is mostly from 5 feet and in and contains mostly of dunks and put backs, where ever he goes, a redshirt year will do him good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              Just to update our offers:

Nick McGlynn verbally committed to Drake

Brevin Pritzl verbally committed to Wisconsin

Spencer Haldeman verbally committed to Northern Iowa

Thank you. Updated.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Apparently we are looking hard at Kansas's Tez Scroggins, though there isn't a confirmed an offer yet.

- Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  SDSU offered Brad Davison, class of 2017 from Osseo, MN (Howard Pulley HS) a scholarship today.

http://247sports.com/Player/Brad-Davison-55090

Highlights from 8th grade year. Still pretty impressive.
                  Reminds me a little of the "professor" Just kidding.

Comment

The young man is a gym rat-no doubt. Loves the game and plays hard. I hope he takes us up on the offer.

Comment

*Some may disagree with me or hate me for this comment*

I've always been a big Nagy fan even during the hard times. I also really appreciate his service to the community and it's great that he finds a higher calling than basketball. However, don't we want our head coach recruiting during the busiest and most important month of the year instead of being in Africa? I've seen a ton of pictures showing him working with Samaritan's feet recently. Can he not find a different time of the year to do this?

Maybe there's a reason I don't know for why he's there right now. But D1 college coaches are all over the country right now recruiting players.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        *Some may disagree with me or hate me for this comment*

I've always been a big Nagy fan even during the hard times. I also really appreciate his service to the community and it's great that he finds a higher calling than basketball. However, don't we want our head coach recruiting during the busiest and most important month of the year instead of being in Africa? I've seen a ton of pictures showing him working with Samaritan's feet recently. Can he not find a different time of the year to do this?

Maybe there's a reason I don't know for why he's there right now. But D1 college coaches are all over the country right now recruiting players.
                        I understand the concern, but Nagy's summer schedule seems to have had little impact on recruiting in recent years. The last two recruiting cycles the staff has managed to fill all their available scholarships during the early signing period, which is not common amongst college basketball programs.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Nagy's absence from open period tournaments probably is more a testament to the fact we aren't going after the first tier players. His assistants are very active in their role as recruiters and I would say they have been more the reason for recruiting success recently than any other factor. If SDSU basketball reaches more heights such as a Butler etc, I would be of the mindset he needs to be much more active in the role of program figurehead. The bottomline is there are plenty of times to alter your schedule to fit the few weeks of open period each year.

Comment

As a parent of a high school player I might give a serious and unique look to a coach who is that committed to a cause besides basketball to the crush of coaches lining courtside at the latest Nike SlamADamADingDang.
                            Just a thougt.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              ...However, don't we want our head coach recruiting during the busiest and most important month of the year instead of being in Africa?...
                              First thought in my mind after reading the above:
                              Akeem Olajuwon -- born Lagos, Nigeria...left home to play for Guy Lewis at the U of Houston (hasn't everyone heard of Phi Slama Jama?).

From Wikipedia: Olajuwon was not highly recruited and was merely offered a visit to the university to work out for the coaching staff, based on a recommendation from a friend of Lewis who had seen Olajuwon play.He later recalled that when he originally arrived at the airport in 1980 for the visit, no representative of the school was there to greet him. When he called the staff, they told him to take a taxi out to the university.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                First thought in my mind after reading the above:
                                Akeem Olajuwon -- born Lagos, Nigeria...left home to play for Guy Lewis at the U of Houston (hasn't everyone heard of Phi Slama Jama?).

From Wikipedia: Olajuwon was not highly recruited and was merely offered a visit to the university to work out for the coaching staff, based on a recommendation from a friend of Lewis who had seen Olajuwon play.He later recalled that when he originally arrived at the airport in 1980 for the visit, no representative of the school was there to greet him. When he called the staff, they told him to take a taxi out to the university.

When you mention Akeem, Eddie Murphy and Coming to America pops up in my mind. Love that movie and Eddie doing all of the barber shop crowd. Also McDowell's Hamburgers, but I digress.

Would Nagy be recruiting while working the Samaritian's program? Seems kind of smart if he is. I really would hate to see him go in January just as Conference play begins. We have not had much international flavor in recruiting so this might be a first. I don't think we have to stick to NW Iowa for tall players, they got a few in countries like Nigeria too.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 07-15-2014, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X