Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruits

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
    In the words of Keith Jackson....'whoa nelly'. Not disappointed in the move and was actually way more surprised he committed here in the first place.

Go Jacks!
    why is that?

Comment

Buyers remorse? Not sure what happened. I updated it last night and it's updated again.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I was told it's because he wants to be the man on the team. He wants to be that go to guy, and Aarias must not have seen that position available for him here.
        Last edited by Jacked4Days; 11-05-2014, 11:02 PM.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

My advice would be to not use specific names of players. Also, if he really felt that way and if that's truly the issue then good riddance.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            I was told it's because he wants to be the man on the team. He wants to be that go to guy, and Aarias must not have seen that position available for him here.
            If that's the reason, I'm glad he decommitted. Its about the team not an individual. If players accept their roles, the team will be successful.

Comment

If you look at his JUCO stats , it appears he hasn't been the man on that team so far.
              Last edited by bigticket1; 11-06-2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                This action does make me ask some questions. Your source of this information seemed reliable, though you also properly edited out the name, and this was the right thing to do. That said, I am a little fuzzy about oral or verbal commits and what a prospect can do once they make the commit. It is my understanding if a prospect signs a letter of intent, all recruiting by competing schools such as NDSU and USD must stop. This does not restrict the prospect from talking to these schools if the prospect starts the conversation.
                I suspect with an oral commit, there is more freedom in conversation. USD could have talked to him, as a for instance. Am I off base in my thinking? If he made his decision based on the coaching staff, why so quick to decommit? I don't think all the facts are in the open. On the other hand we don't have know everything.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 11-06-2014, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  why is that?
                  Just the fact he committed one day and decommitted the next day. That's stripping gears for any kid these days. And if he wants to be the man on a team, he'll need to go a small D2, I've seen him play and he's not a difference maker at the D1 level, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    This action does make me ask some questions. Your source of this information seemed reliable, though you also properly edited out the name, and this was the right thing to do. That said, I am a little fuzzy about oral or verbal commits and what a prospect can do once they make the commit. It is my understanding if a prospect signs a letter of intent, all recruiting by competing schools such as NDSU and USD must stop. This does not restrict the prospect from talking to these schools if the prospect starts the conversation.
                    I suspect with an oral commit, there is more freedom in conversation. USD could have talked to him, as a for instance. Am I off base in my thinking? If he made his decision based on the coaching staff, why so quick to decommit? I don't think all the facts are in the open. On the other hand we don't have know everything.
                    Verbal commitment is not binding in any way, shape or form. It like the promise ring you gave to your first girlfriend. That said, I'm not interested in hearing about this kid if he isn't interested in being a Jackrabbit. JUCO and CC players are JUCO and CC players for a reason. Doesn't mean they aren't decent BB players or not worthy of recruiting. Situations like this are common place with these types of recruits, they often play or commit to multiple programs and in the end most often contribute very little. Just one man's opinion. Good luck to AA somewhere else.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Verbal commitment is not binding in any way, shape or form. It like the promise ring you gave to your first girlfriend. That said, I'm not interested in hearing about this kid if he isn't interested in being a Jackrabbit. JUCO and CC players are JUCO and CC players for a reason. Doesn't mean they aren't decent BB players or not worthy of recruiting. Situations like this are common place with these types of recruits, they often play or commit to multiple programs and in the end most often contribute very little. Just one man's opinion. Good luck to AA somewhere else.
                      I did not think it was binding, but to keep on recruiting after giving a verbal seems to be a ethical decision, which I would hope we would stop recruiting. For the most part, I believe we do that. It appears to be ego problems here based on what little we know.

Comment

The early signing period begins tomorrow. We had a pseudo-commitment for about 45 minutes last week but now have no players (that we know of) ready to sign on the dotted line. It has been eerily quiet recently on the recruiting front. Is this a case of the coaching staff being in on players that we don't know about , or we recruiting players that are waiting to see if they get bigger offers and may not commit till spring ?

Comment

Gibson committed to UNO last night.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            The early signing period begins tomorrow. We had a pseudo-commitment for about 45 minutes last week but now have no players (that we know of) ready to sign on the dotted line. It has been eerily quiet recently on the recruiting front. Is this a case of the coaching staff being in on players that we don't know about , or we recruiting players that are waiting to see if they get bigger offers and may not commit till spring ?
                            I hope we wait until after the season. If we can win 20 games, win the summit Touney I think we could get better recruits.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

PG is a tough sell right now for this program. You need to find a kid who is willing to give up his freshmen year completely or redshirt. I never expected Gibson to pick UNO (because well, they are UNO). A JUCO kid can't sit for a full year either. It's odd but when you have a PG with Marshall's pedigree it kind of hurts a program like SDSU more than say the Gophers because a lot of kids pick SDSU to play right away whereas you may pick the U knowing you will most likely sit.

That being said, I'd rather wait on a PG than settle for someone who just fills a need.

Comment

Marshall was one of over 400 transfers. That might be a good place to look again. Sit a year,and be ready to take over when George moves on.

Comment

Working...
                                X