Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Krabbenhoft

Per Stu Whitney:

Roosevelt grad Joe Krabbenhoft has been hired by SDSU as assistant coach, replacing Austin Hansen. Was video coordinator at Wisconsin.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: Joe Krabbenhoft

Interesting hire. Who knows if he'll be as good of a coach as Austin (You never know with anyone new coming in), but he's definitely a splash for hiring an assistant from a local standpoint. I like it. Hopefully he can recruit.

Welcome Coach Krabbenhoft!!
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Per Stu Whitney:

Roosevelt grad Joe Krabbenhoft has been hired by SDSU as assistant coach, replacing Austin Hansen. Was video coordinator at Wisconsin.
      Probably what Cadsev was referring to when he said we may start doing better at recruiting in Wisconsin.....

Comment

I like this hire. Joe seems very dedicated to basketball. He knows the game. He knows the region.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Coach Nagy is not known to make mistakes. This will work for me.

Comment

I'm sure he learned a lot on the court and off the court from Bo Ryan. He also has been in Wisconsin for many years so that should help recruiting. I like the hire, esp. with him being from South Dakota.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
              I'm sure he learned a lot on the court and off the court from Bo Ryan. He also has been in Wisconsin for many years so that should help recruiting. I like the hire, esp. with him being from South Dakota.
              Hopefully Bo's offensive pace and style of play is one thing he doesn't bring with him. He should hopefully open up a new recruiting area that is relatively close to Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Hopefully Bo's offensive pace and style of play is one thing he doesn't bring with him. He should hopefully open up a new recruiting area that is relatively close to Brookings.
                On the flip side, Bo's defense and rebounding intensity would be a definite plus for the Jackrabbits.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  Interesting hire. Who knows if he'll be as good of a coach as Austin (You never know with anyone new coming in), but he's definitely a splash for hiring an assistant from a local standpoint. I like it. Hopefully he can recruit.

Welcome Coach Krabbenhoft!!
                  Just playing devil's advocate, but who knows how good of a coach Austin was? Not intended as detrimental, but we as fans know very little about what actually goes on inside the program.

Joe has pretty good resume any way you look at it (probably much better than Austin in a neutral application situation). He is a very good hire by SDSU.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

First off I don't think that we can assume that Joe is taking Austin's spot. Austin has left but I would bet that Joe will be the third Assistant on this staff. Second Austin's resume when he got here was stronger then Joe's. No knock on Joe, as I think he is a good hire, but he has one year of coaching exp. and he was the Video Coordinator - entry level at best.

We certainly don't know everything - or probably most things that Assistant Coaches do, but we do know that Austin was the primary recruiter for Nate so I am going to say he was a really really good assistant for SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Coach Nagy is not known to make mistakes.
                      This statement made me laugh. I like Coach Nagy, but I can think of some mistakes he made in the hiring of assistant coaches.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I'm sure he won't bring Bo's snooze of a offense with him but he will bring intensity, that is for sure. After the hire, I did some google searches just because and I found this article from when he graduated. It is a good article. http://m.host.madison.com/sports/kra...ile_touch=true
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                          First off I don't think that we can assume that Joe is taking Austin's spot. Austin has left but I would bet that Joe will be the third Assistant on this staff. Second Austin's resume when he got here was stronger then Joe's. No knock on Joe, as I think he is a good hire, but he has one year of coaching exp. and he was the Video Coordinator - entry level at best.

We certainly don't know everything - or probably most things that Assistant Coaches do, but we do know that Austin was the primary recruiter for Nate so I am going to say he was a really really good assistant for SDSU.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                          Sorry, but the bold is a biased opinion of a Jackrabbit fan, IMO.

Video assistant at a big 10 school is not an entry level position to a coaching career. The two previous video coordinators at Wisconsin became DI assistants immediately after that job (at UW-Wisconsin and NDSU, higher up the food chain than UNC).

With that being said, Austin was a good assistant coach for SDSU. But I think this is a great hire on many different levels.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Video assistant at a big 10 school is not an entry level position to a coaching career. The two previous video coordinators at Wisconsin became DI assistants immediately after that job (at UW-Wisconsin and NDSU, higher up the food chain than UNC).

With that being said, Austin was a good assistant coach for SDSU. But I think this is a great hire on many different levels.
                            Exactly. Video coordinator is just a clever way to hire an additional assistant coach. IMO, this is a great hire.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Nope you are wrong.

Here are the Facts:

One guy came to SDSU with a Masters Degree and one guy didn't. One guy spent two years as a GA for a basketball program and one didn't. One guy has 5 years of as an Assistant Coach and one guy has 1 year as a Video Coordinator on his resume. You even help make my point when you say "The two previous video coordinators at Wisconsin became DI assistants immediately after that job" because they were not assistant coaches when they were video coordinators.

Austin had an advanced degree and 7 years of coaching experience when he came to SDSU. Joe does not have an advanced degree and has worked 1 year as a video coordinator.

Wisconsin is from a power conference but Joe's limited responsibility in his single season there does not trump Austin's experience.

VCU is looking for a Video Coordinator right now - take a look.

Title: Men's Basketball Video Coordinator

Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: coordinating all video filming including practices, games, and putting the videos into the editing systems to provide another resource to the men's basketball staff and student-athletes in preparation of competing against other teams; coordinating all film exchange; coordinating and overseeing the use of XOS software and Pinnacle software, to provide the coaching staff with the resources to assist in game preparation; complete understanding of NCAA and CAA film exchange policy and procedures; organization of all game films, practice films, edits, etc.; overseeing all travel with XOS software, with utilization of the software on the road. The successful candidate must have full understanding of implementation of XOS system, downloading of games, splicing of edits, and checking in and out of the system; and must be able to communicate effectively with other NCAA institutions in areas of film exchange.

Austin was doing a lot more then that for a lot longer, even if it was at a D-II school. Like I said I like this hire and I think Joe will do a good job for us, but please don't pretend that Joe was more qualified then Austin simple because he came from a power conference school.

Comment

Working...
                              X