Lamont Paris - Assistant Coach
    Peg Cullen - Program Assistant
    Erik Helland - Strength & Conditioning Coach
    Joe Krabbenhoft - Video Coordinator
    Henry Perez-Guerra - Athletic Trainer
    Laura Strang - Booster Contact
    A.J. Van Handel - Program Assistant
    Luke Wainwright - Director of Basketball Operations

Joe's job looks pretty low on the food chain. That is probably why he took the job with us, it is a step up even though we don't play in the Big 10.

Comment

Re: Joe Krabbenhoft

I like this hire. Caught some Wisconsin games on TV when Joe was there and he was a lot of fun to watch. He was known for his hussel and smart play, and that usually translates well to coaching.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...sketball-coach

Comment

I know Krabbenhoft spent at least a few months helping as a volunteer assistant at Augie (if I remember correctly, it was during his Skyforce career), and I heard nothing but good things about him from the Augie coaching staff. Seems like a good hire for SDSU, especially with--as cadsev made reference to--the newly-created Wisconsin connection that now exists for the Jackrabbits.

I guess I should say, "the newly-strengthened Wisconsin connection." I don't really have any idea how successful SDSU's recruiting efforts in Wisconsin had been before, but based on what I've read on these boards from time to time, they haven't been too successful.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            Nope you are wrong. Here are the Facts:One guy came to SDSU with a Masters Degree and one guy didn't. One guy spent two years as a GA for a basketball program and one didn't. One guy has 5 years of as an Assistant Coach and one guy has 1 year as a Video Coordinator on his resume. You even help make my point when you say "The two previous video coordinators at Wisconsin became DI assistants immediately after that job" because they were not assistant coaches when they were video coordinators. Austin had an advanced degree and 7 years of coaching experience when he came to SDSU. Joe does not have an advanced degree and has worked 1 year as a video coordinator.Wisconsin is from a power conference but Joe's limited responsibility in his single season there does not trump Austin's experience.VCU is looking for a Video Coordinator right now - take a look.Title: Men's Basketball Video CoordinatorResponsibilities will include, but are not limited to: coordinating all video filming including practices, games, and putting the videos into the editing systems to provide another resource to the men's basketball staff and student-athletes in preparation of competing against other teams; coordinating all film exchange; coordinating and overseeing the use of XOS software and Pinnacle software, to provide the coaching staff with the resources to assist in game preparation; complete understanding of NCAA and CAA film exchange policy and procedures; organization of all game films, practice films, edits, etc.; overseeing all travel with XOS software, with utilization of the software on the road. The successful candidate must have full understanding of implementation of XOS system, downloading of games, splicing of edits, and checking in and out of the system; and must be able to communicate effectively with other NCAA institutions in areas of film exchange.Austin was doing a lot more then that for a lot longer, even if it was at a D-II school. Like I said I like this hire and I think Joe will do a good job for us, but please don't pretend that Joe was more qualified then Austin simple because he came from a power conference school.
            Agreed that Austin had a better resume than Joe when coming in, but I wouldn't talk down a video coordinator position at solid Big Ten program either.

No need to make this an Austin vs. Joe discussion, as there isn't enough info out there to make a valid comparison anyways. Austin was a good player/coach for us and now Joe will get to show what he can do.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              This statement made me laugh. I like Coach Nagy, but I can think of some mistakes he made in the hiring of assistant coaches.
              Like hiring Larson I suppose. Its behind us, but now that you brought it up, I think Larson was hired because at that point in time, it looked like we would be D2 forever. What other mistakes did he make? Hiring Klink? Name the mistakes since you are apparently privy to knowledge that I don't have. Make me laugh its your turn.

Comment

I'm not sure what to think, its a big name, with local ties but can also relate to those in the Wisonsin/Big 10 region with recruiting. On the flip side, I wonder how long he wants to stay, and he does have no real experience with coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  Agreed that Austin had a better resume than Joe when coming in, but I wouldn't talk down a video coordinator position at solid Big Ten program either.

No need to make this an Austin vs. Joe discussion, as there isn't enough info out there to make a valid comparison anyways. Austin was a good player/coach for us and now Joe will get to show what he can do.
                  Not knocking what Joe was doing just answering this:

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Joe has pretty good resume any way you look at it (probably much better than Austin in a neutral application situation). He is a very good hire by SDSU.

Comment

I have my reservations but its not my call. I think i would have perfered a coach with actual on the bench coaching experince beyond what he has. Unless the applicants no one stood out with that in their favor. I like the SD connection, from a big program, but as far as coaching and developing players and recuriting top kids to come here, I guess we will have to wait to see how he does. Wonder if this helps open up more money into SDSU from the sanford group.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Like hiring Larson I suppose. Its behind us, but now that you brought it up, I think Larson was hired because at that point in time, it looked like we would be D2 forever. What other mistakes did he make? Hiring Klink? Name the mistakes since you are apparently privy to knowledge that I don't have. Make me laugh its your turn.
                      I didn't care for Larson, and Reggie caused some problems off the court. Those two come to mind. Nagy has made mistakes like all of us have.

Welcome to Joe. He seems ready to take the next step in his carreer. He has local ties and ties in Wisconsin, so this is a good thing.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        Nope you are wrong.

Here are the Facts:

One guy came to SDSU with a Masters Degree and one guy didn't. One guy spent two years as a GA for a basketball program and one didn't. One guy has 5 years of as an Assistant Coach and one guy has 1 year as a Video Coordinator on his resume. You even help make my point when you say "The two previous video coordinators at Wisconsin became DI assistants immediately after that job" because they were not assistant coaches when they were video coordinators.

Austin had an advanced degree and 7 years of coaching experience when he came to SDSU. Joe does not have an advanced degree and has worked 1 year as a video coordinator.

Wisconsin is from a power conference but Joe's limited responsibility in his single season there does not trump Austin's experience.

VCU is looking for a Video Coordinator right now - take a look.

Title: Men's Basketball Video Coordinator

Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: coordinating all video filming including practices, games, and putting the videos into the editing systems to provide another resource to the men's basketball staff and student-athletes in preparation of competing against other teams; coordinating all film exchange; coordinating and overseeing the use of XOS software and Pinnacle software, to provide the coaching staff with the resources to assist in game preparation; complete understanding of NCAA and CAA film exchange policy and procedures; organization of all game films, practice films, edits, etc.; overseeing all travel with XOS software, with utilization of the software on the road. The successful candidate must have full understanding of implementation of XOS system, downloading of games, splicing of edits, and checking in and out of the system; and must be able to communicate effectively with other NCAA institutions in areas of film exchange.

Austin was doing a lot more then that for a lot longer, even if it was at a D-II school. Like I said I like this hire and I think Joe will do a good job for us, but please don't pretend that Joe was more qualified then Austin simple because he came from a power conference school.
                        Why would you like the hire when there are probably dozens of coaches with similar credentials to Austin who were passed over for this job?
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          I have my reservations but its not my call. I think i would have perfered a coach with actual on the bench coaching experince beyond what he has. Unless the applicants no one stood out with that in their favor. I like the SD connection, from a big program, but as far as coaching and developing players and recuriting top kids to come here, I guess we will have to wait to see how he does. Wonder if this helps open up more money into SDSU from the sanford group.
                          The Sanford connection is interesting.

Comment

I could care less if somebody had a masters or a bachelors when it comes to coaching. Also, video coordinators are usually in charge of scouting and creating a game plan so they watch a lot of film and know the X's and O's. Just because somebody is a video coordinator and somebody is an assistant coach does not mean that the assistant coach knows more.
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              I could care less if somebody had a masters or a bachelors when it comes to coaching. Also, video coordinators are usually in charge of scouting and creating a game plan so they watch a lot of film and know the X's and O's. Just because somebody is a video coordinator and somebody is an assistant coach does not mean that the assistant coach knows more.
                              I cant give Witness rep pts but I would if I could. This post is right on. Joe Krabbenhoft will do okay.

Comment

I wonder if Kelby will have courtside seats...
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X