2013-14 Season Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013-14 Season Tickets

Today's mail included information on season tickets for 2013-14. It appears seat selection will be handled in the same manner as football tickets.

That disappoints me.

Maybe the letter was not an announcement but a warning!

Re: 2013-14 Season Tickets

Surprise, surprise. This went over well with many people I knew who had season tickets for a long time. Many said they were giving up their tickets because of this stupid move. Way to alienate your loyal fanbase...

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
      Surprise, surprise. This went over well with many people I knew who had season tickets for a long time. Many said they were giving up their tickets because of this stupid move. Way to alienate your loyal fanbase...
      Not really a reason to drop season tickets IMO.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'm surprised the athletic dept would continue this apparent train wreck into Frost seating.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I think they'll set another record for season ticket sales but I sure hope they fix the glitches in the software!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I think they'll set another record for season ticket sales but I sure hope they fix the glitches in the software!
            Especially if Larson gets cleared to play this year. Could be quite a few new SF people driving up each game.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I had some reservations about the system due to comments earlier about the software for reserving tickets. I went to the ticket office prior to the arranged time for me to log into the system. There are supposedly 5 ticketholders allowed per hour for the seat choice. I went into the office and I was taken care of promptly. That would leave up to 4 more customers to be taken care of for the balance of the hour. There were 2 people in the office when I was there. The phone number is 605-688-5422 for those who may need to talk to someone due to software glitches. It may not be the best in the world for those who are normally capable to get online and off without assistance. Over the years as I have been exposed to different software systems, I am trying to recall one that was without problems during any changes. If I had been able to navigate the ticket system during my "dry" run, I would not have been going to the office or considering a phone call. Meanwhile, this should lead to programmers finding where the problem spots might be and I can save the time when I choose my basketball tickets.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Just wondering, and I know I could go look this up at gojacks... how much are season tickets for BB?

Debating whether I should order some or not.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  I had some reservations about the system due to comments earlier about the software for reserving tickets. I went to the ticket office prior to the arranged time for me to log into the system. There are supposedly 5 ticketholders allowed per hour for the seat choice. I went into the office and I was taken care of promptly. That would leave up to 4 more customers to be taken care of for the balance of the hour. There were 2 people in the office when I was there. The phone number is 605-688-5422 for those who may need to talk to someone due to software glitches. It may not be the best in the world for those who are normally capable to get online and off without assistance. Over the years as I have been exposed to different software systems, I am trying to recall one that was without problems during any changes. If I had been able to navigate the ticket system during my "dry" run, I would not have been going to the office or considering a phone call. Meanwhile, this should lead to programmers finding where the problem spots might be and I can save the time when I choose my basketball tickets.
                  For football it was 10 season ticket holders per allotted hour. They have changed it for basketball to just 5.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    Just wondering, and I know I could go look this up at gojacks... how much are season tickets for BB?

Debating whether I should order some or not.
                    Upper level reserved are $350 plus donation.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      Upper level reserved are $350 plus donation.
                      And remember season tickets include all men's and women's games.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        And remember season tickets include all men's and women's games.
                        And if either of the teams would be a host for NIT(WNIT) games, you would have first crack at the game tickets if it holds the past trend when the women were involved. Regular season is not bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                          The program itself did not work well, but i was a good idea. I hate to say this, but I'm sure there is some "anti-computer" montra from the older season ticket holders.

I also think that we may not set a new season ticket record if gas prices continue to creep up. If they stay over $4/gal, it gets really hard to justify driving a few hours (or even 45 minutes) to a sporting event twice a week. We may even lose some season ticket holders over that.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            The program itself did not work well, but i was a good idea. I hate to say this, but I'm sure there is some "anti-computer" montra from the older season ticket holders.

I also think that we may not set a new season ticket record if gas prices continue to creep up. If they stay over $4/gal, it gets really hard to justify driving a few hours (or even 45 minutes) to a sporting event twice a week. We may even lose some season ticket holders over that.
                            It may be a bit early to blame everything on the computer problem since many of those that would avoid using the computer will know the way to the ticket office or phone number to tie up loose ends. I am sure that there have been problems in the past, but many of the older set have accumulated priority points due to diligence rather than surrender. There may be a few that are on the fringe for driving and cannot incur the higher prices, but it seems that the Sioux Falls crowds were consistent. There was one fellow who had indicated that the grandchildren would compete for his time this year with their own activities which could end a long stretch of seasons. At the present, I would expect the men and women to continue to draw respectable crowds. Most of the percieved problems are smaller than they seem.(Less than 6 months till basketball.)

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

Pretty hard to guess what gas prices will be next winter.

Comment

Working...
                              X