X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taevaunn Prince leaves team

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...more-play-time

Re: Taevaunn Prince leaves team

Seems like this is probably best for both parties. Good luck to Prince and I'm excited to see what the open scholarship produces. Let the rumors begin (again)!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Seems like this is probably best for both parties. Good luck to Prince and I'm excited to see what the open scholarship produces. Let the rumors begin (again)!
      They aren't rumors if they are true. SDSU has an open scholarship. There is a very good player from SD that is looking for a scholarship and the has been hanging around at Frost arena. I know there are people that post or lurk here that know more. I suspect there will be an announcement soon.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        They aren't rumors if they are true. SDSU has an open scholarship. There is a very good player from SD that is looking for a scholarship and the has been hanging around at Frost arena. I know there are people that post or lurk here that know more. I suspect there will be an announcement soon.
        Oh I just wish we could find those people who knew more.

Comment

It did not take much to take attention away from conference talk. Good Luck to Taevaunn on his next step.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Are we 100% certain that a walk-on will not be considered for the vacant scholarship?
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I just want to say Thank you To Taevaunn for his years at SDSU... I wish him good luck in the future.

Comment

We have had a vacant scholarship all year - IMO Nagy won't offer the scholarship spot unless he is 100% certain that it is someone that he wants to invest in. There is no rule that scholarships need to be filled. He had a vacant scholarship all year and had 4 walk on players that paid their own way. A very good argument could be made that after 2 years of paying his own way, Corey Jacobsen is worthy of scholarship monies. That is not to say that Nagy sees it that way.

Let 's wait and see what happens over the summer - let's see who shows up for summer workouts - that should be a very good indicator of which way the wind is blowing in Brookings.
                Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                  I just want to say Thank you To Taevaunn for his years at SDSU... I wish him good luck in the future.
                  ^^^ this^^^^ I totally agree - Tae is a nice young man who found himself far from home and injured. That breeds a lot of frustration from a player at this level. I too wish him all the very best and will continue to follow his career.
                  Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Anyone know where Taevaunn is headed? He'll help a team somewhere. I wish him well. But I'm also excited about the new flexibility the open scholarship provides. I was of the impression that all available scholarships were used on the four recruits previously signed for next season. Now, when the school year ends, Prince's scholarship will be available.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      Are we 100% certain that a walk-on will not be considered for the vacant scholarship?
                      No. The only thing that is 100% is that Mr Prince will not be on scholarship at SDSU and that our coaches and staff have a plan in place to make sure the Jackrabbits are a damn good team again.

Players leave teams and land somewhere else every year at every program at every level. I just read tonight that Nimrod Hilliard (former yote) signed with Lamar U. in TX. Things are working for player or team its best for both to part ways. No hard feelings, best of luck, thank you for your service.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Nothing is official until its announced, that is something that should be noted whenever we start talking about rumors, and possibilities.

Comment

If Cody Larsen becomes a Jackrabbit, is he eligible this season? Does sitting out one year but remaining at Florida for the year satisfy the NCAA rule about sitting out a year?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            If Cody Larsen becomes a Jackrabbit, is he eligible this season? Does sitting out one year but remaining at Florida for the year satisfy the NCAA rule about sitting out a year?
                            I think that's the million dollar question. Not sure anyone really knows at this point.

Comment

I need some help on memory. Who have been the last 1 or 2 transfers into SDSU basketball? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                              X