2014 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Recruits

Talked to his brother just now and congratulated him on Reed's decision. It was down to us, Belmont, and UNI. Said it was a hard decision, but he really liked the coaching staff and current players. Wanted to go somewhere he thinks he can make a difference. Ross said that Reed is really excited to have this decision out of the way and he can focus on his senior year.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
      Wow , lots of things to get excited about there. Great shooter and scorer , but just as impressed with his willingness to give the ball up and his defensive ability. And he has that same hesitation move and ability to take it to the basket as that guy who used to wear #3 for the Jacks. It looks like he actually did run the point at some times.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Wow , lots of things to get excited about there. Great shooter and scorer , but just as impressed with his willingness to give the ball up and his defensive ability. And he has that same hesitation move and ability to take it to the basket as that guy who used to wear #3 for the Jacks. It looks like he actually did run the point at some times.
        BigTicket1 nailed it. I was more impressed with his court vision, and making the pass for the assist than his ability to slam home dunks. Also an amazing # of blocked shot for a guard. Size, court vision, passing, and defense. Appears to be a great recruit.

Comment

I love getting tall guards that can play offense. Nagy said he recruits guys that can score and teaches them to play D. Fits the mold nicely.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I like when recruits choose the Jacks over MVC teams (UNI/Drake) and OVC (Belmont).
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              I like when recruits choose the Jacks over MVC teams (UNI/Drake) and OVC (Belmont).
              Very impressive competition! We have definitely moved up a notch thanks to the achievements of the teams of the last couple years. Exciting to land a 6'5 guard who turned down MVC/OVC offers to come to Brookings!

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                Add in the Bison and it is even sweeter yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  Reed Tellinghuisen committed.Offers from Albany, Drake, Belmont, and NDSU.Drake picked up a couple of recruits yesterday. That might have forced his decision. All speculation of course.
                  Obviously I'm a fan of tall guards who can shoot, pass, and dribble, but anyone else notice how young he looks in his picture? If you told me he was in junior high I wouldn't argue with you. Makes me optimistic that he might be taller than 6'5" by the time he is a full-fledged Jackrabbit.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Obviously I'm a fan of tall guards who can shoot, pass, and dribble, but anyone else notice how young he looks in his picture? If you told me he was in junior high I wouldn't argue with you. Makes me optimistic that he might be taller than 6'5" by the time he is a full-fledged Jackrabbit.
                    This kid is a really great sign for State. Coaches are happy.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      It seems that he is already growing.... I've seen him listed at 6'6 twice in the last 24 hours, including once by TV in his blog today.

Comment

Yes - I noticed that too - was listed at 6'5" when he verballed and now the Jackrabbit pride has swelled him to 6'6" - after the first football win he will be at least 6'7" lol.
                        Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Tall, athletic, seems to have deep range but the things I like most is his moves off the dribble and court vision
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            Tall, athletic, seems to have deep range but the things I like most is his moves off the dribble and court vision
                            Wasn't impressed with his move off the dribble, it is 2a Iowa. He may have it but it doesn't prove it against that competition. Definitely a good hook up though

Comment

I like the size for a guard, but I agree with Disco in that its 2A Iowa, I'm not going to get too excited on a highlight video. He did have some good offers, but that doesn't always mean anything. The coaches are happy but I'd like to know a time where a coach wasn't happy with a recruit he landed.

I've given up predicting recruits, other then to say that the better the size of the recruit the more leeway there can be. I like his size, hope he is a good recruit

Comment

He was AAU 17U All-Tourney Team and his team finished second. That is all you need to know about his skills regardless if he played high A or low A
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X