Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Murray State

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    He said "nearly lost" to IPFW, he was right. Also right that the other players have been the epitome of inconsistent. Doesn't mean they won't show up you just never know if they are going to bring their best or something less, often much less, than their best.
    Okay I stand to be corrected. I missed the "nearly". My apologies to Jesse Kramer.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      And, as you know, SDSU lost to Hofstra, USD and CSUBakersfield.

If we play like we played in any of those three games, we lose by double digits.

If we play like we are capable, Jacks win.

I'm skeptical, based on past history of performance in televised games (except for Buffalo last year).
      Huh? We have had a number of games on national tv this year and played really well. When was the last time we laid an egg on TV?

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20121023gim1dd

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        You might want to re-check your facts, SDSU did defeat IPFW at their house the night that Nate scored 53 pts. Also dont down play the other players on the team. They will show up to make you a real rube, which you appear to be.
        Didn't say that lost. I said they "nearly lost", and winning by only six after trailing for most of the game against one of the bottom teams in the league counts as that IMO.
        I love the other players on this SDSU team. I saw them play thrice at Hofstra in November and I've watched video feeds of a few other games this season. I think Carlson and Dykstra are players that will keep them at the top of the Summit League next year, and White and Heemstra will be great supporters for them (kind of like what Carlson and Dykstra have been to Wolters this year).
        But look at their last three road games: Nate is averaging over 40 ppg and 6.3 apg. Fiegen hasn't been much of a factor. Dykstra had a strong game the other night, but he struggled against Oakland and IPFW. I admit White has been pretty consistent with his shooting, but it's hard to know what to expect from Carlson.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          Huh? We have had a number of games on national tv this year and played really well. When was the last time we laid an egg on TV?

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20121023gim1dd
          Correct, what I should have said was we have a history of poor performance in big road games (of which, most were televised)......at Nebraska, at ORU, at U of M, at Montana (even though we won), at NDSU, at Oakland, at Belmont, at North Dakota, at South Dakota. All are examples I can think of in the past two years that should be winnable games that we performed poorly in.

Save for Washington, New Mexico and WIU, we have a way of crapping our pants in big road games (or even just road games in general).

Call me the eternal pessimist, but I've almost come to expect a poor performance in games like tomorrow's. I'll be watching and cheering for a W, but will probably be more surprised with a W than an L.

Basically, we are awesome, awesome at home, but mediocre at best on the road. I want to be awesome on the road too. We aren't there yet.
          Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 02-22-2013, 02:14 PM.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Correct, what I should have said was we have a history of poor performance in big road games (of which, most were televised)......at Nebraska, at ORU, at U of M, at Montana (even though we won), at NDSU, at Oakland, at Belmont, at South Dakota. All are examples I can think of in the past two years that should be winnable games that we performed poorly in.

Save for Washington, New Mexico and WIU, we have a way of crapping our pants in big road games (or even just road games in general).

Call me the eternal pessimist, but I've almost come to expect a poor performance in games like tomorrow's. I'll be watching and cheering for a W, but will probably be more surprised with a W than an L.

Basically, we are awesome, awesome at home, but mediocre at best on the road. I want to be awesome on the road too. We aren't there yet.
            OK, You are the eternal pessimist.

Comment

Originally posted by jessekramer View Post
              Didn't say that lost. I said they "nearly lost", and winning by only six after trailing for most of the game against one of the bottom teams in the league counts as that IMO.
              I love the other players on this SDSU team. I saw them play thrice at Hofstra in November and I've watched video feeds of a few other games this season. I think Carlson and Dykstra are players that will keep them at the top of the Summit League next year, and White and Heemstra will be great supporters for them (kind of like what Carlson and Dykstra have been to Wolters this year).
              But look at their last three road games: Nate is averaging over 40 ppg and 6.3 apg. Fiegen hasn't been much of a factor. Dykstra had a strong game the other night, but he struggled against Oakland and IPFW. I admit White has been pretty consistent with his shooting, but it's hard to know what to expect from Carlson.
              Consistency is a major issue. Braden has been consistent, just consistent in the wrong direction. Coach Nagy has commented on it several times this year. He just seems to be in a funk offensively and hasn't been able to get out of it. It isn't due to a lack of effort just one of those things.

Not sure what happened with Tony, I get the sense he is "pressing" as they say. Not letting things come to him and trying to force it too much. He is always working hard but seems to be getting whistled for more fouls lately.

Dykstra is tough to figure out. Has more talent than most and seems to be working hard his offense just disappears, sometimes for long stretches. As others mentioned he does keep battling on the boards. I think he is a bit of a defensive liability especially if he has to guard a 3 or 4 that has a quick first step.

Chad is a shooter, when he is making shots it makes it way tougher for his defender to cheat over and help on Nate. He has been sharp lately.

I expect to see the Jacks bounce back and handle Murray St. fairly easily.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jessekramer View Post
                If you noticed I did apologize for my oversight. Thanks for all the kind words about SDSU.

Comment

I heard the Bakersfield three have decided to go on the road and offered their services to Murray St.

Comment

My point about Morehead losing to USD and NDSU was simply that this is a very winnable game. I agree with everybody that we need Jordan and Chad to come up big in this game.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

http://murrayledger.com/sports/murra...9bb2963f4.html

Comment

Reading through the posts, i would like to offer my opinion.

If the players all show up, meaning all contribute significantly, they will win. But not big or easily as some have suggested. Murray state is a good basketball, at home, on national TV. they will not go away on this one.

If the all the players show up and are not able to perform or contriibute significantly, they will lose.. maybe even big.

Make no mistate about this game, the Jacks will play their hardest and do everything they can to win, but we will see if they are able to execute.

Comment

I agree, road games are usually hard in the NCAA.

Comment

Working...
                          X