Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BracketBuster

Originally posted by witness View Post
    Off topic but same area but, I don't know if anybody saw/hear that Andy Katz say if NDSU wins out and loses in Championship game they have a decent shot at an at-large.
    No chance

Comment

Has the summit/mid-con ever had an at large?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
        ORU was the last team out last year, maybe they would have gotten a bid if they hadn't lost to WIU in the semifinals.

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
          looking forward to both of our matchups. canaan is a good scorer. akrons big man is 7-0 and leads the country in FG%. Bjorklund is 2nd.

btw theres no shot any of us get an at large berth
          I agree that we are a few years away from being a 2 team league, but if the MVC continues to show poorly - we come closer than many think. I for one, will be cheering on Denver at UNI. (Unless the XDSU's get an invitation from the MVC before the end of the month!

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            A. I say no

B. by RPI SDSU would have way better argument 2 bad losses, USD and Hofstra, both on the road, 1 a rivalry game 1 against a totally different Hofstra team because of suspensions, close loss against Alabama (60 RPI), close loss against NDSU (65 RPI)-rivalry game, bad loss at Minnesota (8RPI) but no Wolters and just a bad loss at Belmont (19RPI), and a win @ New Mexico (5 RPI)

Now saying all of that, both teams would have to win out, and then lose a close game in the championship to even get into the argument and we've had that argument before. I'd put more weight on it if Andy Katz was saying that during the pre show of the selection show.

As far as Bracketbusters matchups. Again it just appears that some schools/conferences have pull. Of the losers the 2 biggest ones I think are Belmont (can't get Creighton, instead gets 90RPI Ohio at 10PMET) and then Oral Roberts with a 101 RPI not getting a TV game
            A. Katz never said they had a chance. Saul Phillips told Katz that if the Bison lost in the Summit Championship game, they might have an outside shot at an at-large.

B. A loss is a loss, doesn't matter how close they were.

As far as ORU, they had a home TV game last year, i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
              ORU was the last team out last year, maybe they would have gotten a bid if they hadn't lost to WIU in the semifinals.
              were they really though? I'm not really sure why they even say who the 1st 4 teams out are, because sometimes I just don't buy it. Would be really good for the conference 2 get an at large bid though(extra $ from share, and name recognition)

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                the Racers against the Jackrabbits. just sounds like a fast paced game.
                Ha,ha,ha....keep up the good humor Sturgis!

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  A. Katz never said they had a chance. Saul Phillips told Katz that if the Bison lost in the Summit Championship game, they might have an outside shot at an at-large.

B. A loss is a loss, doesn't matter how close they were.

As far as ORU, they had a home TV game last year, i believe.
                  I didn't watch it, just going on what someone stated on here (I don't get ESPNU)

Yes a loss is a loss, but some losses are totally different then others. I was making the argument that if SDSU was the team to lose they would have a better argument, not that should or would get in.

Yes ORU did have a TV home game last year, but they also have a 101 RPI and did not get even a ESPN3 nod, where lesser RPI teams got ESPN 2 and ESPNU games

Comment

Quick intro to MURRAY STATE for those unfamiliar with the Racers:

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray_State_University

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      I didn't watch it, just going on what someone stated on here (I don't get ESPNU)

Yes a loss is a loss, but some losses are totally different then others. I was making the argument that if SDSU was the team to lose they would have a better argument, not that should or would get in.

Yes ORU did have a TV home game last year, but they also have a 101 RPI and did not get even a ESPN3 nod, where lesser RPI teams got ESPN 2 and ESPNU games
                      I thought it was odd that ORU got home games 2 years in a row. Guessing it's because they changed leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                        yes.

Comment

Katz had a blog post that kind of explains what Saul said to him a bit better...

So Akron drew North Dakota State on the event's opening night. And to be fair, the 18-5 Bison are in a three-way tie atop the Summit league and are a legit threat if they make the NCAA tourney.

"We have a helluva product that doesn't get talked about,'' NDSU coach Saul Phillips said. 'We are good and are going to be good for a while with only one senior. Yet people in the airport ask us what division we are. Also, it gets us a return game against a team that the odds are would not have come to Fargo for a home-and-home. We probably lack the quality wins for an at-large, but I'd like to run the table and find out. It's going to be a very soft bubble.''

The Bison played two Big Ten teams -- losing at Indiana and at Minnesota. A win at Akron isn't going to push them into the at-large pool, but it won't hurt.
                          http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball

Comment

I think we got a pretty good draw. Murray State is a nationally recognizable team due to last years run and the Wolters/Canaan match up will intrigue many NBA s scouts and college Bball fans.

RPI and return game wise, Witchita State and St. Mary's would have been better, but ultimately the time slot of our game and being on ESPN2 makes this game a winner in my books.

Also, Belmont got hosed.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              I think we got a pretty good draw. Murray State is a nationally recognizable team due to last years run and the Wolters/Canaan match up will intrigue many NBA s scouts and college Bball fans.

RPI and return game wise, Witchita State and St. Mary's would have been better, but ultimately the time slot of our game and being on ESPN2 makes this game a winner in my books.

Also, Belmont got hosed.
                              Spot on Kemo.

7pm Saturday night on ESPN 2? Yes please! And everyone knows Canaan.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Also, Belmont got hosed.
                                I believe there is a reason we got the 7pm slot on Saturday night, I think ESPN plans on doing some pregame build up for our game because of the Canaan vs. Wolters matchup. This is my favorite matchup outside of an MVC or St. Mary's just because of the star power. It's gonna be awesome to have a primetime slot!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X