Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BracketBuster

From Racerfans.com:

I may be wrong, but I thought the return game in the BB must be within two years. In other words, I believe Murray could pay back the last two BB home games next year. Since South Dakota St. is out west, it might be the perfect time to play both games instead of breaking it up over two years.
    Now, this made me laugh. He is referring to playing St. Mary's as the other return game. St. Mary's is in Moraga, CA, literally, 1,785 miles west of Brookings.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
      They have a Dakota hater (a poke from WY) that is pretty opinionated against we poor, ignorant hicks from whatever lies east of him.
      Read that guy's post, had no clue what he was talking about. Had to look up what "rabbit choker" meant and apparently that is a derogatory term used for South Dakotans by Wyomingites. The more you know, I guess.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Read that guy's post, had no clue what he was talking about. Had to look up what "rabbit choker" meant and apparently that is a derogatory term used for South Dakotans by Wyomingites. The more you know, I guess.
        Never heard that term before in my life. That's probably because I have never met anyone from Wyoming. Probably not that surprising considering there are even less residents of WY than SD.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          Never heard that term before in my life. That's probably because I have never met anyone from Wyoming. Probably not that surprising considering there are even less residents of WY than SD.
          More antelope than people.

I suspect more sheep too, right Nidaros?

Comment

Now, this made me laugh. He is referring to playing St. Mary's as the other return game. St. Mary's is in Moraga, CA, literally, 1,785 miles west of Brookings.
            Just as amusing: Another poster declared our friend from Wyoming, for the return match up in Brookings, "could conceivably just ride his bike to (the game)."

Unless Lance Armstrong is on the other end of that message board handle, I would say probably not.

Murray State does seem to have good fans that are knowledgeable about college basketball, just some are a little ignorant in regards to geography.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by montanarabbit View Post
              more antelope than people.

I suspect more sheep too, right nidaros?
              at least ten sheep.

Comment

Just as amusing: Another poster declared our friend from Wyoming, for the return match up in Brookings, "could conceivably just ride his bike to (the game)."

Unless Lance Armstrong is on the other end of that message board handle, I would say probably not.

Murray State does seem to have good fans that are knowledgeable about college basketball, just some are a little ignorant in regards to geography.
                You must remember, there are 315 million Americans with the vast majority living east of the Mississippi or well west of the Rocky mountains. There are 800,000 in South Dakota. People outside of this region have zero incentive to understand the geography or culture present in the Midwest. I consider that a blessing and hope the ignorant majority remains just that.

http://www.census.gov/popest/data/ma...ensity-11.html

Jackrabbits need to go out there, compete, and fly away with a win in preparation for the stretch run and the Summit tourney.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  You must remember, there are 315 million Americans with the vast majority living east of the Mississippi or well west of the Rocky mountains. There are 800,000 in South Dakota. People outside of this region have zero incentive to understand the geography or culture present in the Midwest. I consider that a blessing and hope the ignorant majority remains just that.

http://www.census.gov/popest/data/ma...ensity-11.html

Jackrabbits need to go out there, compete, and fly away with a win in preparation for the stretch run and the Summit tourney.
                  Oh, I'm well aware of this. Matter of fact, I think it is unreasonable to expect someone who hasn't spent any significant time in the Upper Midwest to know the geography of South Dakota... but that doesn't make the comment less funny
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Oh, I'm well aware of this. Matter of fact, I think it is unreasonable to expect someone who hasn't spent any significant time in the Upper Midwest to know the geography of South Dakota... but that doesn't make the comment less funny
                    Agree. Lets keep flying under the radar.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I have no clue where Murray St. is, or that it even was a State. When did that happen?

Anyhow now that we're matched up with them, I really wish we would've beat (or at least shown up at) Belmont.

They no doubt will look at the result of that game and laugh.

Then again, maybe that's good, as I highly doubt we'll play that poor again.

I'm looking forward to the Canaan/Wolters duel.

I also had never heard of a "rabbit choker".'
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Looked up Murray, KY kinda looks like a smaller version of us

Murray is smaller then Brookings. They have 17,741 as of the 2010 census. Main road to Murray is US Hwy 641.

Murray State is smaller then SDSU. MSU Total 10,832 -Fall 2012 - broken down as 8,891 Undergrad and 1,941 Grad

CFSB Center built in 1998 -Basketball Arena - is a little bigger then Frost - 8,600

http://www.goracers.com/sports/2005/...px?path=mbball
                        Last edited by LakeJack; 02-05-2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I also think it is odd that their cowboy yahoo has so much hatred for SD. I never give Wyoming a thought. I've been there once everyone I met seemed nice they were happy to see people. I didn't notice any hostility directed at SD and you can put me down as another person who has never heard the term "rabbit choker".' - oh well

Comment

In 1988 the Murray St Racers were in the regional at Lincoln, Ne. This program has been around for some time. they may been a little less confident at that time and they were knocked out by Danny Manning and Kansas Jayhawks(eventual champs) that year. Although when I looked back, the Racers were the team that upset Jimmy V's NC State in Lincoln There were 8 teams at a site for the weekend then with 2 teams moving to the Sweet 16. At that time we saw 6 games in 2 days of the sessions for less than $100(it may have been less than $50). Of course Devaney Center was sold out months ahead of time.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Allow me. I am the Wyo cowboy. I did live in SD a few years. S-daughter started @libero at DSU for 4 years. Upon our move and return, we were called "rabbit chokers." ie, too poor to buy shotgun shells. Had to choke our main course.

Comment

After I first read the term "rabbit choker", I realized how perverted my college mind is.

Comment

Working...
                                X