• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakland

Omaha now out of the Summit basement.

Comment

Nice win but this game demonstrated the rebounding and toughness inside that Griff brought last year. Jacks gave up 13 offensive rebounds tonight.

Comment

Nice win. Need to win saturday before we head to western.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
          I saw something tonight I haven't seen in awhile... the players not named Wolters contributing points. Also was good to see the Jacks battle and pull out the win. This is a good game for us.
          I agree. Nate with 16pt 9ast on 5-13 shooting. Not his best night. Good to see others contribute and get the W

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            ? ? ? ?
            From ESPN, it seemed like they let 'em hang around too long. This was posted with about 90 seconds left.

Comment

Fiegen's first half was amazing and Dykstra's second half was very good. White hit a huge 3 down the stretch also. Yes, Wolters got some help tonight.

It was not really pretty, but that was a win over a top-5 team that we have struggled mightily with in the past (now 3-10 vs. OU). We still have a chance at a top-2 seed, something that would have died if we lost this game. One step at a time.

Comment

Good game.

- Officiating was horrendous. Bader had about 8 fouls that game and gets every ****ing call imaginable.

- Fiegen was way too quick for Petros. Great game by him, obviously.

- Petros is huge and we have no answer for him. Whoever said we missed Griff's rebounding, while agree, I don't think it would have helped us tonight. Petros is a beast.

- Jordan Dykstra played like a man in the 2nd half. The jumper isn't falling for him, but it will come around. He needs to keep playing like he did tonight when his shot isn't dropping. I found it somewhat strange that Oakland elected to have Mondy guard him for large chunks of the game.

- Brayden played great D on Bader and got a couple poor fouls called on him. Didn't score much, but a really good game out of him.

- Chad also played great D on Bader when Brayden fouled out. He had a great block on a Bader 3 in the corner and the refs missed Bader's foul on Chad on the rebound. Chad also hit a bunch of huge shots.

Fiesty crowd and game tonight; that was fun to watch.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Watched the press conference.

I like Greg Kampe.

Nagy seemed happy and philosophical. It was great to see him with a smile on his face after a hard fought win.

Good win, I was pretty worried about this game.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

My take. Our guys played great tonight, they showed lots of heart. Really hard to beat a good team and three blind mice, but they got it done. Way to go Jacks

Comment

Nate 9 assists with 2 turnovers. Nice line since the first turnover(less than a minute) was early when Oakland showed some intense defense out of the gate. He was able to find some fouls driving in the second half which placed a thin Oakland team in a precarious spot iwth their own short bench. It appeared to be game plan to have Tony score on Petros who did not want to leave his square near the bucket. Oakland did not respond enough to this weapon. Bader has become a master of gaining free throws on questionable calls where he initiates contact while he not able to get off a good shot. Kampe spent most of his time pleading with officials even during the timeouts. Then he got a bonus sending in Poches to foul Prince. They were not calling the foul so Poches intensified the contact until Prince reacted for the bonus technical. Good job Taevaunn on making the free throws. It appears that the Grizzlies do a good job clearing out the lane area for rebounds. They could double as blockers for the football team if they had one. They have many hard moving screens that seem to be OK as well, but they allow contact-continue until stopped. SDSU coaches should recieve some credit for this win with the preparation needed to win.. Oakland looked much different than the one that played Alabama last week. Jacks responded as a team.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Just got home from a great game. Very entertaining...two teams fighting for the win.

I've always liked Kampe and the teams he puts together. He is not just a great coach, he's an entertainer. And did he ever take the refs to task--got them to start making calls his way. If the Jacks weren't in the Summit League, I'd be a Kampe and Oakland fan.

We really played with heart and intensity tonight. Everyone who got on the floor showed up for the battle. If we had played that way in the first half of the NDSU and USD games...wow. Well, we know what we have to do the rest of the season and tonight was a reminder of what this team can do. Proud of those 'Rabbits!!!

Comment

- Officiating was horrendous. Bader had about 8 fouls that game and gets every ****ing call imaginable.

Couldn't agree more. The refs never set a tone for the entire game. Just when you thought they were going to call everything they would let a guy get mugged going to the basket. The officials never let the game get into a flow. They were brutal!

Fun game and good win. Could someone wake the student section up please. The guys in the front row on the visitors basket did a nice job in the second half but the rest of the student section was dead. Jump around on a free throw or something please.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post

Couldn't agree more. The refs never set a tone for the entire game. Just when you thought they were going to call everything they would let a guy get mugged going to the basket. The officials never let the game get into a flow. They were brutal!

Fun game and good win. Could someone wake the student section up please. The guys in the front row on the visitors basket did a nice job in the second half but the rest of the student section was dead. Jump around on a free throw or something please.

Go Rabbits!
                            It's hard with a split student section.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

My guess is we won't lose too many games in which Nate gets almost double diget assists, Dykstra gets 10+ boards, and Fiegen gets 20+ points.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Looking at the game stats and the Jack's defense was impressive. Oakland shot 38.5% as a team and 25% from three point range. Got outrebounded by five, but Petros is a monster. We have to do better against him when we play Oakland in Oakland and maybe in Sioux Falls. 22pts and 15rbs, with 9 offensive rebounds, is impressive. Without those second chance points, Oakland loses by 15+.

Holding Bader to 4-17 shooting and 2-11 from three is very impressive. Carlson guarded him very well and was busy all night, which probably explains why he only had 4 points on 4 shots.

Fiegen with a monster night. It'd be an added bonus to get around 15ppg from him from here on out, but I believe he can do it. Dykstra also had a good night with 22pts and 13rbs. I wrote about my pet peeve with him in the pet peeve thread. In games where he does nothing, the Jacks lose, so he's big regardless of what Nate does.

Wolters with a "pedestrian" 16pts 9asts and 4rbs. Not his best night shooting, 5-13, but it's nice to see the team win without him going off for 25+. As Nagy said, this is probably their best team win of the season and I hope they build on this.

However, the bench is a problem. 4 points, all coming within the final minutes. Big points, nonetheless, but still. Prince had 4 fouls in 8 minutes. Everytime he touches the ball I think something bad will happen. He traveled once and got called for a flagrant. I don't know if he's still banged up, but whatever it is, we need more production from him.

All in all, good night for the Jacks. They are tough to beat at Frost and it takes nearly a perfect effort to do so as Kampe said postgame. IPFW comes in after a hard fought loss at NDSU. They lost by 12 but it was closer than that much throughout. Frank Gaines only had 12 points so look for him to have a better day on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X