Oakland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland

The Golden Grizzlies are coming to town and so far this year you would have to say they are a little down from years past. We can't overlook them as they still have a lot of talent

http://www.ougrizzlies.com/sports/m-...skbl-body.html

Re: Oakland

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    The Golden Grizzlies are coming to town and so far this year you would have to say they are a little down from years past. We can't overlook them as they still have a lot of talent

http://www.ougrizzlies.com/sports/m-...skbl-body.html
    They played as tough a schedule as anybody in the nation. Bader is a phenomenal shooter and can light it up. Several others that have transferred in with excellent resumes, just haven't gelled as a team.

Jacks have to win 2 this weekend. We are heading up for both games. Right now, its looking like a battle for the #2 seed. NDSU and WIU have beaten USD on the road. Jacks have 2 losses and haven't made any of the difficult road trips yet. Jacks sit in 5th place with 2 losses. Any losses at home combined with the likelihood that there will be at least 2 more road losses and SDSU is looking at a 3 or 4 seed playing on Sunday against a very worthy opponent.

Its go time for this team. What a crappy and horrible loss on Saturday. Just no excuse for it, none.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      They played as tough a schedule as anybody in the nation. Bader is a phenomenal shooter and can light it up. Several others that have transferred in with excellent resumes, just haven't gelled as a team.

Jacks have to win 2 this weekend. We are heading up for both games. Right now, its looking like a battle for the #2 seed. NDSU and WIU have beaten USD on the road. Jacks have 2 losses and haven't made any of the difficult road trips yet.
      Oh I would say that NDSU is perhaps the toughest road trip this year and we have got that one under our belt. The USD game isn't to scary of a road trip for the Summit unless you are us, but we are us. I personally think we have OUR two most difficult road games past us. Still, I get your point and agree we have not left ourselves much of a margin if we want to do good things in March

It starts on Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
        Oh I would say that NDSU is perhaps the toughest road trip this year and we have got that one under our belt. The USD game isn't to scary of a road trip for the Summit unless you are us, but we are us. I personally think we have OUR two most difficult road games past us. Still, I get your point and agree we have not left ourselves much of a margin if we want to do good things in March

It starts on Thursday
        Oakland is the one team in Summit that Jacks still haven't beaten at their place.

Comment

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...a626294738.txt

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            Oakland is the one team in Summit that Jacks still haven't beaten at their place.
            The road trip to OU and IPFW is going to be a very tough one, losses before that, which are likely, will probably mean that SDSU has to go 2-0 that weekend to get a top 2 seed. That starts Thursday, 1-0 each night? Time to start thinking that way.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Duke Mondy may be the balance for Bader to become more effective. Petros has had a few days of success as well. Oakland may be using bench less the Jacks so they will not be getting starters much rest either. They had a couple of players leave the program. That might be hazard of taking transfers on regular basis. Oakland is coming off a thumping by Alabama over the weekend. They may be as hungry as the Jacks to get a W. As most teams that the Jacks play this year, the opposing coaches will have them ready.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The Jacks need to control Travis Bader and they win this game. That means whoever is guarding him can't pinch on penetration and leave Bader wide open so he can start feeling it. I just about blew a gasket when I saw this happen in Oakland last year (and I'm pretty sure Coach Nagy did), and then Darth Bader used the force to hit 9 more 3s after that. My feeling it is better to give up a layup than let a great shooter get in rhythm.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  The Jacks need to control Travis Bader and they win this game. That means whoever is guarding him can't pinch on penetration and leave Bader wide open so he can start feeling it. I just about blew a gasket when I saw this happen in Oakland last year (and I'm pretty sure Coach Nagy did), and then Darth Bader used the force to hit 9 more 3s after that. My feeling it is better to give up a layup than let a great shooter get in rhythm.
                  My impression, Nagy prefers to leave the shooter to prevent the easier bucket on penetration. Can't do that with Bader. I know a layup is a lot higher percentage shot. A 3 is of course worth more points per shot and when you stroke it like Bader you can't leave him. He only needs a flash to get the ball up. That said, OU has other guys that can play, it will take a team effort on defense from tip to last whistle. We will be there.

Comment

It seems like every time Darth Bader plays us he has an awesome game…

Comment

Originally posted by BudLight Jackrabbit View Post
                      It seems like every time Darth Bader plays us he has an awesome game…
                      That's partly because of the point made by Jackmd. Nagy's defense will leave an outside shooter to defend the paint. Buuuuut as also pointed out by Jackmd you cannot do that with Bader as he will make you pay. If I heard correctly he leads the NATION in made 3 pointer. Braden will have his hands full as I am sure Braden will draw the Bader assignment.

Need two wins at home this week.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Go Jacks! And go Brayden!!!
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Just can't defend bader going under screens. Way to easy for him. Either switch off screens or go above.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Parks, Summit Co-POW averages for the week: 11.0 pts, 10.0 rebounds, 6.0 blocks, 2.0 assists, 1.5 steals, 3 turnovers
                            Mondy, Summit POW averages for the week: 14.5 pts, 3 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 4 steals, 5 turnovers
                            Wolters averages for the week: 24.5 pts, 6 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 2 steals, 1 turnover

Basically, they could give it to Nate every week. Parks and Mondy are great players, but it's a stretch to say Nate didn't have at least as good a week as them. I would suggest that Mondy's 5 turnover average should have taken him out of the running. Parks' double-double average is certainly deserving.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hopefully the film from the Oakland-Alabama game sheds some light on strategies for defending Bader. He only had 10 points in 39 minutes there.
                              Last edited by Southeast; 01-09-2013, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X