X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I'll take pompous and boring.
    Much better then being classless and tacky.

Comment

It is a tough pill to swallow.
      As a doctor once told me "take with fluids".

Sorry bad humor.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        This one going to smack?
        I hope not. The coyotes beat the Jackrabbits with great coaching and even better execution. There is no way to argue that. The stuff on the side should be debated here and isn't relevant to the facts. Jacks got beat. Jacks can be better. I expected the coyotes to compete and said as much in every post in anticipation of this game.

Nice win for the coyotes, 1 win.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It's your board. I overstepped boundaries. I should know better. I'll take timeout to simmer, and I will apologize to you Doc publicly. I even started by saying you have a good team.

Comment

Now I can't stop, this forum is my Achilles. This win could be a springboard for a talented and young coyote team but you can't expect that after the turd they laid against NDSU just two days before. Which is the real USD? I suspect somewhere in between. Good conversation, I enjoyed it.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              It's your board. I overstepped boundaries. I should know better. I'll take timeout to simmer, and I will apologize to you Doc publicly. I even started by saying you have a good team.
              I'm with you, I enjoy the banter. No ill feelings, I promise. Life is too short. I did have another great experience in Vermillion and at the dome despite the outcome of the game and my own opinion about the video.

Comment

Well, heck. I started a new thread in smack anyway.

Comment

second rate Summit team. USD is 3-2 in the league and has already played NDSU-SDSU and Western Illinois once which by everyones standard are probably considered the top 3 in the conference. USD has not had a bad loss yet in the Summit in terms of win-loss eventhough the NDSU game was a poor effort but they are also undefeated in the Summit. USD and SDSU are both 3-2 in the league if I am not mistaken. At this point in time it's very difficult to not put USD at the 4th-6th spot in the league based on the play so far. People say that USD only cares about SDSU but those people probably have no idea how the Yotes played in the games against IUPUI, Western Illinois and Omaha. Last week I watched the Yotes play Kansas State who was the #25 team in the nation and they played close to even with them for a big portion of the game before K-State ran away with it. The Yotes were within 5 points with only 8 minutes to go in that game.

The game Saturday was not just an isolated good game by the Yotes. They have been a bit up and down but the longer this season has gone on I have seen a big improvement from last years team. Last year I believe the Yotes started 0-5 in the league but this year are already 3-2. Many Summit road games are to come but the Yotes have been playing better away from home including a blowout over Omaha who many thought would finish ahead of USD this year.

Other than Wolters USD has alot of guys that were able to drive by their defenders and get good shots. USD missed alot of close in shots or the game could have easily been a double digit win. The Jacks seems to barely miss in the second half. When Wolters graduates in my opinion these teams are basically on even terms. USD has many promising players and really seem to play well with a small and athletic lineup.
                  How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I hope not. The coyotes beat the Jackrabbits with great coaching and even better execution. There is no way to argue that. The stuff on the side should be debated here and isn't relevant to the facts. Jacks got beat. Jacks can be better. I expected the coyotes to compete and said as much in every post in anticipation of this game.

Nice win for the coyotes, 1 win.
                    It's more than just 1 win now. Two years in a row the Yotes have won at home against the Jacks. I thought SDSU played a very good second half so it's not as if the Yotes got the worst effort possible from the Blue, oops I mean the Black as Blue must be a thing of the past. USD is 3-2 in the league so I think we are well past the 1 lucky win part of this.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

You got beat pure and simple
                      I agree. USD has some really good players. They were more aggressive than us throughout. There is no excuse. USD played better.

Regarding the "Hate State" shirts: We sat in the permanent seats, row 3. Directly below us on the floor, the guys who were controlling access to the floor seats were wearing red USD shirts with "Hate State" on the back in blue and white. You can tell everybody here that they weren't, but they just were. Perhaps they were volunteer ushers. But they were ushers and had those shirts on. The usher in our section of the permanent seats was wearing something more official... black, I think.

Look, I have no problem with people being fans. USD has some great fans, and the student section was definitely into the game. Both programs have some ugly fans (there were examples of both sitting right around me.) I just don't like it when the ugly parts of the rivalry get promoted by the institutions. Look at it from my point of view: SDSU was sufficiently concerned that the "screw the U" stuff would return that the administration gave away t-shirts to students and forced them to cover inappropriate messages. Then, I'm sitting in the DakotaDome watching ushers at floor-level wearing Hate State shirts while Charlie Coyote runs around with a "Hate State" sign and a childish "Report from Brookings" video runs on the board. How am I supposed to react to all of that?

Nobody was personally rude to me in any way. I had a nice chat with the USD fan next to me throughout the game. I would argue that the fans can also live without the dumb stuff the institution is pushing.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I had a State fan tell me the same thing. 1-1

A usd fan in sioux falls mentioned it to me also and didn't even go to the game. 2-1.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          A usd fan in sioux falls mentioned it to me also and didn't even go to the game. 2-1.
                          You told me. 2-2

Comment

CF, I can understand why you are crowing so much right now. This could be the high watermark of the season for the Yotes.

You seem very proud of your conference record to this point, and I guess if going .500 in league and finishing in the middle of the conference is the goal - and perhaps it is a good goal for the Yotes - then I can understand the excitement.

However, if the goal is more, then you have to be disappointed that you have already lost 2 conference home games. You lost serve to WIU and NDSU. Badly I might add in the case of NDSU 92 - USD 66, wow not good. You have to win your home games and steal some on the road if you want to make noise in the conference standing.

You only have 4 more home games total the rest of the season and you are 7-10 on the year. You guys will need to play very well the rest of the season to avoid another losing season. But hey, you won the most important game of the year to you and your school so congrats on another great season for the Yotes no matter what happens from here on out.

Comment

Not a smack thread.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                Look, I have no problem with people being fans. USD has some great fans, and the student section was definitely into the game. Both programs have some ugly fans (there were examples of both sitting right around me.) I just don't like it when the ugly parts of the rivalry get promoted by the institutions. Look at it from my point of view: SDSU was sufficiently concerned that the "screw the U" stuff would return that the administration gave away t-shirts to students and forced them to cover inappropriate messages. Then, I'm sitting in the DakotaDome watching ushers at floor-level wearing Hate State shirts while Charlie Coyote runs around with a "Hate State" sign and a childish "Report from Brookings" video runs on the board. How am I supposed to react to all of that?Nobody was personally rude to me in any way. I had a nice chat with the USD fan next to me throughout the game. I would argue that the fans can also live without the dumb stuff the institution is pushing.
                                +1

Everyone in our group thought the video was really dumb and kind of cringed when the mascot was carrying that sign as well. It's definitely an institution problem in my opinion. Students can say what they want. That's their job.

However, I'm in the category that State got their ass kicked on Saturday. No excuse and it's a player and coaching issue. They need to be ready when teams pick it up when they're playing them. No one, coaching staff included, was ready for that game.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X