The Jacks' R.P.I. just got its biggest boost e\ver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Jacks' R.P.I. just got its biggest boost ever

My original post was meant to explain why NDSU has a better RPI than SDSU. I UNDERSTAND that RPI means very little in the grand scheme of things. I have not seen much of the Bison or the Jacks play this year, so I am relying on RPI to provide me with some form of comparison.

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    At this point of the season the two teams are basically even....
    This is just your opinion. RPI is a non-biased metric, and suggests that NDSU has been better.

If comparitive scores meant much,the Jacks would still be playing football since we won at ISU-Blue,and ISU-Blue won at Fargo etc...
    If you recall NDSU beat us head-to-head...twice, and RPI was accurate in predicting that result.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      At this point of the season the two teams are basically even with the Jacks having one more loss with a slightly better strength of schedule ranking. If comparitive scores meant much,the Jacks would still be playing football since we won at ISU-Blue,and ISU-Blue won at Fargo etc... If things don't go our way against the Bison,hopefully we won't have the mass hysteria we had after the Belmont game. As I posted then,they don't hand out NCAA bids based on how you are playing in December,especially in a one bid conference. If the Jacks can get and stay healthy,I would expect they will be a better team later in the season as some of the bench improves with more playing time. One more positive note - the Jacks have to bus to Fargo.
      If we lose to NDSU by 27, I will be just as hysterical as I was after Belmont. We are supposed to be good, that means at the very least competing every single night. The team didn't compete against Belmont.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

A Belmont meltdown? Possible, and if you are Jacks fan, it will bother you to some degree. It depends on your emotional makeup.

Comment

Realtime RPI ranks the Summit League as the 17th strongest conference.

http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html

But if you move all of the teams to the conference they will be in next year, The Summit league ranks 13th if you keep the Big East together or 14th if you count the Big East as two leagues, one with the football teams and one with the basketball teams. The date for that change hasn't been set.

The Summit is becoming a strong mid major program.

Comment

A couple of sites have updated after yesterday's action. Bison at #58,Jacks at 60 and WIU at 133.

Comment

Working...
            X