The Jacks' R.P.I. just got its biggest boost e\ver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jacks' R.P.I. just got its biggest boost e\ver

New mexico just went into Cincy and beat the Bearcats. Going to be a huge boost for the Jacks' R.P.I.

That Hofstra loss is looking horrible right now. Don't think they have won a game since beating the Jacks and Marshall in that tournament.

But this past week is going to be a huge boost to the R.P.I.

Re: The Jacks' R.P.I. just got its biggest boost ever

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    New mexico just went into Cincy and beat the Bearcats. Going to be a huge boost for the Jacks' R.P.I.

That Hofstra loss is looking horrible right now. Don't think they have won a game since beating the Jacks and Marshall in that tournament.

But this past week is going to be a huge boost to the R.P.I.
    I'll be curious to see what the bump is.

RealTimeRPI has the Jacks as of today at #86.
    New Mexico's was at 13.
    Cincinnati's was 26.

(NDSU is 61, WIU is 164).

Pomeroy had:
    Cincinnati #18
    New Mexico #37
    NDSU #52
    SDSU #134
    WIU #164.

*Correction:
    RPI is the NCAA's official list as of Sunday, Dec. 23.
    Last edited by filbert; 12-28-2012, 08:56 AM.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks should probably go up 10-15 in RPI after this week. Win in Fargo and even more so.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        I'll be curious to see what the bump is.

RealTimeRPI has the Jacks as of today at #86.
        New Mexico's was at 13.
        Cincinnati's was 26.

(NDSU is 61, WIU is 164).

Pomeroy had:
        Cincinnati #18
        New Mexico #37
        NDSU #52
        SDSU #134
        WIU #164.
        Comparing the Jacks and Bison schedules,I don't get how NDSU can be that much higher in the Pomeroy ratings. The New Mexico win by far trumps NDSU's best win (Duquesne). Montana,who the Jacks also beat, even has a better RPI than Duquesne. The Hofstra loss was bad,but the Bison lost to Green Bay who is 254 in RPI. The fact that 3 of the Jacks wins are against non-Div I teams is probably also hurting.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Comparing the Jacks and Bison schedules,I don't get how NDSU can be that much higher in the Pomeroy ratings. The New Mexico win by far trumps NDSU's best win (Duquesne). Montana,who the Jacks also beat, even has a better RPI than Duquesne. The Hofstra loss was bad,but the Bison lost to Green Bay who is 254 in RPI. The fact that 3 of the Jacks wins are against non-Div I teams is probably also hurting.
          These are the same guys that have the Jacks going 17-13, meaning they go 7-9 the rest of the way, so maybe they know something the rest of the country doesn't.

Comment

Pomeroy doesn't just look at wins and losses and opponents like RPI. My guess is that NDSU has better efficiency stats as well as better peripherals in other areas that make their rating higher than ours.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Pomeroy takes into account margin of victory. That makes Belmont a really bad-looking loss.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Pomeroy takes into account margin of victory. That makes Belmont a really bad-looking loss.
                With Belmont currently at #16 RPI and Indiana at 20,that Belmont loss shouldn't hurt any more than the Bison losing by 26 against the Hoosiers. The Gopher loss probably hurt more,as NDSU played them closer than we did. Same thing with UND.

Comment

The Bison have looked better to this point, and it shows in RPI. It will all be settled on the court this Saturday. Go Jacks!
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                    The Bison have looked better to this point, and it shows in RPI. It will all be settled on the court this Saturday. Go Jacks!
                    Well, at least the first half (or third?) of the issue will be settled Saturday. I would expect the home teams to have a definite edge in what should be a closely matched series. The Bison have looked consistently good and the Jacks have had good, bad, and incredible games. Hopefully we will get a third matchup in a tightly-packed Arena on a Monday night in March.

Comment

How many times have you seen the Bison play?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        The ESPN Guy seems to think that Taylor Braun is the real deal. I don't know about that. If we are ready, the Bison will have to have their A game or they will not win.

Comment

Braun was the largest reason that the game went into overtime last year at Fargo. He is big body that can slash or pullup for the jumper. I am not sure about a real deal, but this young man has a great deal of talent and desire. It would be good to have 2 road wins in Fargo in consecutive years.
                          Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          The ESPN Guy seems to think that Taylor Braun is the real deal. I don't know about that. If we are ready, the Bison will have to have their A game or they will not win.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                            I saw about 20 minutes of their game against the Gophers. I apologize if using the term "looked", made it appear to you that I watch the Bison play on a regular basis.

I am simply analyzing the W-L records and the comparitive scores. RPI and other ranking systems don't evaluate teams based on who was injured/suspended or unable to play.

If you look at the comparitive numbers, NDSU has done better. They beat UND by 20, we eeked out a win. They beat UNO by 40, we won by 15. They lost to the Gophers by 13, we lost by 22. It appears to me that they righfully have better RPI than us.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I saw about 20 minutes of their game against the Gophers. I apologize if using the term "looked", made it appear to you that I watch the Bison play on a regular basis.

I am simply analyzing the W-L records and the comparitive scores. RPI and other ranking systems don't evaluate teams based on who was injured/suspended or unable to play.

If you look at the comparitive numbers, NDSU has done better. They beat UND by 20, we eeked out a win. They beat UNO by 40, we won by 15. They lost to the Gophers by 13, we lost by 22. It appears to me that they righfully have better RPI than us.
                              At this point of the season the two teams are basically even with the Jacks having one more loss with a slightly better strength of schedule ranking. If comparitive scores meant much,the Jacks would still be playing football since we won at ISU-Blue,and ISU-Blue won at Fargo etc... If things don't go our way against the Bison,hopefully we won't have the mass hysteria we had after the Belmont game. As I posted then,they don't hand out NCAA bids based on how you are playing in December,especially in a one bid conference. If the Jacks can get and stay healthy,I would expect they will be a better team later in the season as some of the bench improves with more playing time. One more positive note - the Jacks have to bus to Fargo.

Comment

Working...
                              X