New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mexico

Due to really bad weather all through the midwest the Jacks got stranded in Nashville Airport, unable to take their scheduled flight on United to Chicago and from there on to Albuquerque. Hundreds of flights were cancelled yesterday and they were unable to get any other routing.... so the team is driving 1200 miles to NM for the game on Saturday. Its not a great lead in to a very important game but it is the best that they can do. From tweets I have seen, the team overnighted in Oklahoma and will push on to NM today. Don't jump on me for calling it a "very important game" I'm not talking win/loss or RPI, I'm saying it is important for the team to get Belmont out of their heads and play a game that they can be proud of, win or lose.
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Re: New Mexico

That bus ride would be a killer even if it were the first game of a roadtrip and a Summit-level were waiting on the other end. Those are hardly the circumstances in this case. Don't set your expectations too high for this one!

Comment

There is a small Alumni gathering scheduled in Albuquerque, hosted by local Jackrabbits.

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        That bus ride would be a killer even if it were the first game of a roadtrip and a Summit-level were waiting on the other end. Those are hardly the circumstances in this case. Don't set your expectations too high for this one!
        I am sure our guys will give their best considering the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
          There is a small Alumni gathering scheduled in Albuquerque, hosted by local Jackrabbits.

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!

You guys may have to suit up if the bus doesn't arrive.

Comment

Who knows? It's possible that the added adversity might be something that this team actually needs right now.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Who knows? It's possible that the added adversity might be something that this team actually needs right now.
              They're getting plenty of rest, which might be more in line with what they need.

Comment

According to TV, ESPN is providing play-by-play commentary on the bus trip...

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...to-albuquerque
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  They're getting plenty of rest, which might be more in line with what they need.
                  That, too.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                    Due to really bad weather all through the midwest the Jacks got stranded in Nashville Airport, unable to take their scheduled flight on United to Chicago and from there on to Albuquerque. Hundreds of flights were cancelled yesterday and they were unable to get any other routing.... so the team is driving 1200 miles to NM for the game on Saturday. Its not a great lead in to a very important game but it is the best that they can do. From tweets I have seen, the team overnighted in Oklahoma and will push on to NM today. Don't jump on me for calling it a "very important game" I'm not talking win/loss or RPI, I'm saying it is important for the team to get Belmont out of their heads and play a game that they can be proud of, win or lose.
                    Now that is a pity indeed.

Comment

New Mexico Lobos have an article about the upcoming game with SDSU that puts Nate in the spotlight of the wolves. http://www.golobos.com/sports/m-bask...skbl-body.html
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

From TV's Argus story today: "Nagy said he’s considering holding Wolters out today pending a chat with athletic trainer Owen Stanley, because the Jacks absolutely need him – the only D-I player to average at least 20 points five rebounds and five assists last season – when Summit League play gets going next week."

I hope he does not hesitate to do that if Wolters is still hurting. Winning this game would take a miracle, even if Wolters were suddenly playing at 100%. The main goal should be getting him healthy by next weekend. Opening up the Summit schedule with Wolters still limping around could have major consequences in what is already looking like a surprisingly tough season.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          From TV's Argus story today: "Nagy said he’s considering holding Wolters out today pending a chat with athletic trainer Owen Stanley, because the Jacks absolutely need him – the only D-I player to average at least 20 points five rebounds and five assists last season – when Summit League play gets going next week."

I hope he does not hesitate to do that if Wolters is still hurting. Winning this game would take a miracle, even if Wolters were suddenly playing at 100%. The main goal should be getting him healthy by next weekend. Opening up the Summit schedule with Wolters still limping around could have major consequences in what is already looking like a surprisingly tough season.
                          I don't disagree but I think it's more complex then that. The team isn't playing up to their ability at least in part because of his absence. The more he is in the line-up the more comfortable they'll be as conference play begins. If having him on the court jeopardizes his health for the season, no go. I just don't believe that is the case. He should be able to play on that ankle without concern about his fitness next week. May not be 100% but that's no excuse not to go. If he doesn't play today I think that's a negative indication about what is to come. Just my opinion on it, my sports medicine training is limited and I don't know the specific details regarding the grade/severity of his sprain. Seems like he should of sat out Montana or Belmont if they think he needs to sit today.

That quote from Nagy makes me wonder, shake my head. Where is the confidence?
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm hoping the last four hours of that trip they showed a replay of the women's game at Georgetown and how a team can overcome bad shooting, bad officiating, and heavy pressure and can pull together under Senior leadership and win.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              I'm hoping the last four hours of that trip they showed a replay of the women's game at Georgetown and how a team can overcome bad shooting, bad officiating, and heavy pressure and can pull together under Senior leadership and win.
                              Natersgonnaashley?
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X