X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Re: New Mexico

Yep, went up to #20,but......they lose again to the bilikens of Saint Louis 60-48.Looks like New Mexico has problems after a 16-0 start with consistency too!

link: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/remekun...87--ncaab.html

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

The fact that they won this game on the road makes it even more impressive. I agree that they should go right back into the top-25. Hopefully the wins keep coming for NM.

Leave a comment:

• Pierre_Jacks_Fan
    replied

Nice.....

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

SDSU's nice win over the Lobos gets a bit nicer, as UNM takes its turn at knocking off an unbeaten, ranked team on the road.

Leave a comment:

• rabbitfarmer
    replied

I'm guess ing their back in top 25 after this

Leave a comment:

• yoteforever
    replied

Makes your win all the more impressive. New Mexico wins by 1 at Cincy ( #8 )

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

NM wins.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

UNM 40 Cinci 37 with 11:42 left in the game.

I don't know what the shooting percentages are but UNM shooting much better than they did against the Jacks. That being said, I'd put SDSU on the court against either of these teams. A little too much playground ball, at times. No leader / floor general on either team.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

New Mexico playing Cincinnati very tough on their home court.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

UNM plays @ #8 Cincinatti on ESPN2 at 8. Would be a nice boost for the Jacks if UNM upsets Cincinatti

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

It is a sweep for the player of the week in the Summit. Nate takes the men's honor.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

SDSU held onto the #13 spot while Blemont went to #8 in mid major.
    http://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Looks like a SDSU win forced a drop in the ratings for New Mexico. The other SDSU took their place at 16 in one poll.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

I am not an authority of the RPI, kenpom, or whatever else is out there today to measure the schedules and teams. I do know that the links that have been posted here with the news about the win by the Jacks and even seeing a paragraph in today's Orlando(Florida is a warm place for Christmas) sports page that this team is on the radar much it like started to brew last year after the Washington game. It will take a successful conference campaign to keep the light on the Jacks. Even with the disappointing loss to the yotes last year, the Jacks kept spotlight burning. I am sure that the team is prepared for the next leg.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Agreed. I cheering for NM and Montana from here on. The fact that we beat both on the same long roadtrip still impresses me. The meltdown in the second half at Belmont really got a lot of us down (especially me). The truth of the bigger picture is that I would have been extremely happy with winning two out of three on this trip even if SDSU came in firing on all cylinders.

New Mexico already had a top-10 RPI with wins over UCONN, USC, Valpo, & Davidson. They should have plenty of opportunity to keep that RPI high (and help SDSU) playing the likes of UNLV and the OTHER SDSU, along with a matchups with Cincinnati and St. Louis. Those are two more good games. Washington did not do us many favors last year in terms of racking up quality wins, and they also did not come into the game with an RPI/ranking nearly as high as NM's. Hopefully NM will keep their hot streak going all the way to the Tournament.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X