Clear All

• University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

Here is their basketball web site.

http://uwmpanthers.collegesports.com...skbl-body.html

Here is the media guide address:

http://uwmpanthers.collegesports.com...030704aaa.html

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Panthers! ;D

Re: University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

My boss bought tickets for our entire firm to go to the game. I'll be there as one of the few Jacks supporters. UWM is on a roll right now and will be a tough opponent in a tough atmosphere. Anyone else planning on making the game?

Doc, get together with Wulf and make the drive. Don't let him give you some excuse about being "on call" either. That's just code for "I'm too lazy to drive to Milwaukee".
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Game day (almost) story highlights:

http://www.collegesports.com/sports/...113004acd.html

UWM Wraps Up Homestand With South Dakota State

Panthers look to start season 4-0

Nov. 30, 2004

UWM (3-0) vs. South Dakota State (1-3)

Wed. Dec. 1 • 7 p.m. CST

U.S. Cellular Arena (10,783) • Milwaukee, Wis.

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee wraps up its four-game homestand by welcoming South Dakota State to the U.S. Cellular Arena. The game tips off at 7 p.m. The Panthers (3-0) are coming off of a 50-45 win over Air Force, while the Jackrabbits (1-3) have played tough with both Manhattan and UIC in the early season.

• About South Dakota State

South Dakota State is making the move to NCAA Division I play beginning this season and is doing so with a schedule heavy on solid mid-major teams. Along with playing UWM, the Jackrabbits have already faced UIC, Butler and Manhattan. Steve Holdren leads the way for the Jacks at 15.3 ppg, while two other players are also averaging in double figures. After getting pounded, 80-52, by Butler in their season opener, the Jacks seemed to have improved, having lost to Manhattan by just four and to UIC by 14. Sandwiched in there is SDSU's lone win, an 87-51 romp over Mayville State.

• The History Of UWM vs. SDSU

UWM and South Dakota State have never met in men's basketball, one of three first-time opponents for the Panthers this season. With SDSU making the move to Division I, the Jackrabbits have been featured on some other UWM schedules this year. The Panther women's soccer team scored a 2-0 win over SDSU in August, while the Panther women's basketball team will host SDSU at the Klotsche Center in January. . . .

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Panthers! ;D

Comment

Good Luck tonight, this game comes at a very bad time for UWM playing their hated rival UIC this Sturday. Hopefully my boys won't be looking past the Jackrabbits. If anybody wants to visit our message board to talk about the game, here is the link: http://uwmfreak.proboards5.com/index.cgi

Comment

Kingsbury,

Welcome to the board and thanks for the link.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Game tips around 7:00 tonight. I'll be listening while I watch the ACC/Big 10 challenge. It will be tough for the Jacks to even hang with this team. We need a quick start, whole game intensity on defense, hot-shooting, and a lot of luck.

Lets go Rabbits......
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

First D-I lead SDSU 6 - UW Milwaukee 5.

Go Jacks beat the Panthers! ;D

Comment

We need a first half like the Illini had against Wake Forest.

Beran picks up #2, not good.

Jacks trail 13-8.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

22-14 UWM at a timeout . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Much better start then the Butler, Manhattan, and UIC games.

Go State Go!  ;D

Comment

Boo is killing us right now.  Sounds like Holdren is the stud I observed against Mayville St.

We need to rebound on the defensive end a little better.  Too many 2nd opportunities.

My oldest daughter bought me some SDSU beads for the game tonight.  Maybe they will be lucky.

Airball from Giever.  Not really suprising.

Comment

Looks like UWM may be adding football. Talk on the UWM fan board is that they would go I-AA maybe scholarship, maybe non-scholarship. Here is the story:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6554945/

Comment

Tough to listen to, but understandable having seen this team play.  They just don't have the talent or bodies to hang with any of the mid-major teams.  Forgive me for saying this but I suspect UIC showed us some mercy.

A 4 point loss to Manhatten is respectable, but they are not a tournament team this year.  I'll say it again, if we get a single win at the DI level with this years team I'll be happy.

SDSU trail 42-18. Lets score 50 for the moral victory.

Comment

The two Ohio Valley Conf. games (Southeast Missouri St. and Tennessee St.) are very winnable. Saturday will be a big game for us.

Go State! ;D

Comment

47-18 now....ok, 47-20.

We're not very good right now. But Illinois is beating #1 Wake Forest 91-72, so it's all relative . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X