Hofstra this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hofstra this weekend

I don't know if its anyone's problem on the losses, or that its the loss of Griff, though I do think he would help some with intensity, ultimately I just think the ball didn't fall. From Nagy's post-game comments he said most of them were good looks they just didn't go down, the team shoots 33% instead of 25% from the arc and they win. The big problem though was the offensive boards, and that has to be fixed, and that isn't 1 or 2 persons problem but every ones.

I'm not going to go crazy, or give up on th season or say its 1 or 2 persons fault, I just think the kinks need to be worked out and I think they will.

Comment

If we continue to get hammered on the boards like tonight, the season will not be nearly as much fun as we thought it might be. To give up 16 offensive rebounds to a team like Hofstra is not acceptable. It's scary to think what a Gophers team with Mbakwe,Rodney Williams and their 7 foot center might do if the Jacks don't start putting a body on someone.

Comment

[QUOTE=NebraskaJack;213235]We have some guys that really need to step it up!!! I hate to say it, but right now if you take Nate out of the equation we are a below average team and quite possibly well below average.

Truth
        Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Dykstra has to assert himself as the primary scorer on this team. No body else is capable or even has the talent. I'll expect wolters to score but dykstra has to be the guy. White carlson fiegan prince, those guys aren't big time players man. We're gonna have targets on us, teams will know about us. Dykstra's literally the only other big time player and he has to do it for us to be anything special this year. Those other guys will feed off nate and dykstra, but those two have to play big boy d-1 ball. That's a reality, we've never been in this type of space before. It gets taken up a notch when your on the map. and likewise, you gotta play at another level and swagger. I'm so damn frustrated at these past few weeks with these losses haha

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
            how many games can we lose before we dont get an at large bid? i figured alabama was the only one. I seriously dont see how we cant beat every team we see the rest of the season. we are better than this.
            We can all stop with the 'at-large' talk. It's not happening. Never was gonna happen. It's only November, but jeepers, this is a bad loss. Hofstra is terrible. Good teams aren't supposed to lose to terrible teams. The shots will start falling...hopefully tomorrow.

Edit: Here is the last sequence

http://www.gohofstra.com/mediaPortal...B_OEM_ID=22200

Kudos to Hofstra for hitting a big 3, but we certainly didn't look 'confident' in that last defensive sequence...a lot of looking around.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              We can all stop with the 'at-large' talk. It's not happening. Never was gonna happen. It's only November, but jeepers, this is a bad loss. Hofstra is terrible. Good teams aren't supposed to lose to terrible teams. The shots will start falling...hopefully tomorrow.

Edit: Here is the last sequence

http://www.gohofstra.com/mediaPortal...B_OEM_ID=22200

Kudos to Hofstra for hitting a big 3, but we certainly didn't look 'confident' in that last defensive sequence...a lot of looking around.
              Yeah, I don't know why some are bringing up the term 'at large'. It didn't happen last year, and it surely wouldn't have happened this year, regardless of any Summit teams OOC record.

Sucks we lost.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Sorry guys about the at large talk but we all know that sdsu is better than this. I was hoping in case we didn't win the summit league tourney we have a shot at an at large bid, but now it looks like it is coming down to the tourney. I think we can turn it around.mtoo much potential on this team not too.
                It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Yeah, pretty hard to see an at-large bid uness we all but run the table until losing the conference tourney title game. Otherwise, no. We've already badly damaged those hopes. The teams that get at-large bids win games like this and like the one at Alabama. So no need for that chat anymore, We have bigger concerns. If more guys don't show up ready to play at game time, this season could get interesting. We simply haven't been good enough so far. Not even close, More guys have got to step it up...White, Heemstra, Prince. If that doesn't happen before the conference season, we'll be doing some serious battling night in and night out.
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

We started 1-2 last year also. We'll be fine.

Comment

Two stats jumped out looking at the box score. First,their freshman forward Hall had 9 rebounds in 29 minutes - Dykstra,Fiegen and Heemstra combined for 9 in 70 total minutes. And Nate played 40 minutes and Carlson 39 - that is not sustainable over the long haul.

Comment

Who is thinking of an at large bid? Save those bids for losers. The Jacks will be fine. I, for one, think that these early losses are a good thing. All off season this team has heard how great it is...maybe this will humble them a bit.[QUOTE=JackFan96;213265]Yeah, pretty hard to see an at-large bid uness we all but run the table until losing the conference tourney title game. Otherwise, no. We've already badly damaged those hopes. The teams that get at-large bids win games like this and like the one at Alabama. So no need for that chat anymore, We have bigger concerns. If more guys don't show up ready to play at game time, this season could get interesting. We simply haven't been good enough so far. Not even close, More guys have got to step it up...White, Heemstra, Prince. If that doesn't happen before the conference season, we'll be doing some serious battling night in and night out.[/
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

This team has some work to do, clearly. Also remember that an at large bid for a Summit League school is a very small possibility anyway, especially with the departure of ORU which will bring the overall rank of conference down a bit. It is all on the conference tournament. I think this team will continue to improve but it will all come down to three nights in February to see if they can be in the Big Dance again.
                          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

It was a win against Marshall. The team found a way and guess who made a 3 with under 3 seconds. Even that guy has some redeeming qualities tonight. There is nothing wrong with winning a close one and feeling adequate as opposed to the other guy having the shot go down at the end. It is too early and optimistic to think about the nonqualifier situation SDSU wants and must win the Summit to advance to the dance. Even if Jordan has a subpar afternoon, Brayden was able to put 2 games together. Let's watch this team grow and achieve like last year's squad. Congratulations to Chad for throwing one down under the gun at the end of the game. 4 TO is nice. 50+% 3 pt!! 10 assists for Nate wow!!! This should be an above average team this year. Go Jacks.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I'm actually sorry I took some time to read this thread late. The weeping and wailing, and gnashing of teeth is pretty pitiful to me. The quotes of "without Nate, we aren't even a good team at all" is ridiculous IMO. This is the same team (minus one player...and I know Griff was a great asset and did his share) that everbody raved about last year, earned our first Big Dance, gave Baylor a heck of a scare...and now, all of a sudden, at the bare beginning of the season, the roof is falling in! Sure hope there will be a little more patience and a lot less bashing of the team during the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                I'm actually sorry I took some time to read this thread late. The weeping and wailing, and gnashing of teeth is pretty pitiful to me. The quotes of "without Nate, we aren't even a good team at all" is ridiculous IMO. This is the same team (minus one player...and I know Griff was a great asset and did his share) that everbody raved about last year, earned our first Big Dance, gave Baylor a heck of a scare...and now, all of a sudden, at the bare beginning of the season, the roof is falling in! Sure hope there will be a little more patience and a lot less bashing of the team during the rest of the season.
                                1st time to the board?
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X