2005/2006 lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2005/2006 lineup

If you guys could choose any of these three players to have on your current team who would you choose and in what order?
    Austin Hansen
    Brian Norberg
    Jason Sempsrott
    Just curious on who you guys think was a better player for you.

Comment

Sempsie... I have always thought he was the best guard in SDSU history.
      Chris White should also be included in this discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
        I wasn't trying to do a list of the best SDSU guards in history, although it did look like that. If so I do agree that Chris White would be on that list. I thought if I put him on that list almost everyone would have chosen him, maybe not. I originally was only going to ask who you thought was better between Hansen and Norberg, because I thought most people would say Sempsie if I included him. But I decided to ask you guys to rank them in order instead--all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
          Chris White was one unbelievable talent, I would have a hard time saying any guard at SDSU was ever better than him. From what I understand Don Jacobsen and Steve Brown (had to include them given their hometowns) weren't too bad during their eras.

As for the list above, I too think I would take Sempsrott just because of the scoring factor. However, Norberg (true 1 guard) was a better ball-handler than either and knew how to distribute. I wouldn't turn down Austin but he was quite streaky and not comfortable as point. Best part about all of them, no complaining, no showboating, they worked their asses off and they never got tired. Never once were they concerned with their own recognition, only about the accomplishments of the team.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

1. White
            2. Sempsrott
            3. Hansen
            4. Norberg

Comment

Jeff Booher was a nice compliment to White on the 92' elite 8 team.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Did anyone else think that Brian Norberg and Scott Nagy might be twins. We had another player from SF Washington that could have been their triplet--Ryan Johnson. Am I the only one who thought this?
                As for the list I would say:
                1. Jason
                2. Austin
                3. Brian
                Very close though, so close that you could put them in reverse order and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Comment

Steve Brown, Cerci Mahone, Austin Hanson,Chris White and Jason Sempstrop would make my all-guard list.

Comment

I can only comment with any real knowledge on Sempsrott and Norberg as they were the only I had the pleasure to watch on a consistent basis and play with occasionally. If you wanted scoring - clutch scoring, scoring in droves and three point shooting - you would be hard pressed to beat Sempsrott. He hit so many huge shots in his career it was sick.

Norberg was the ultimate point guard. He played great Defense, hit big shots when needed, but more importantly was the best at making his teamates better. We would occasionally get the basketball football guys together in the spring for some games. When I played with him he would hit you when you weren't even aware you were open. I think this year I'd take Norberg because he could handle all of the pressure and would be able to distribute to a team in dire need of some leadership.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I really going deep into the past but the rodeo guy Jim Sutton was a  good guard and a unbelieveable free throw shooter.  Still has the record.  SDSU has had a national treasury of guards, and those listed have all been great. I regret I never saw Circi Mahoney play. Everyone who did speak very highly of him.

Comment

OK, wrong gender coming up on this one, but one PG that could help this year's team is Ann Just. I think watching her and Jermaine Showers in back to back games provided some pretty exciting moments.

Sorry to get off topic a little, but felt like throwing in a curveball.

Comment

Working...
                        X