New Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Uniforms

I think they look great. One small change I would recommend if we are going to keep the piping down the side: incorporate the checkerboard pattern found on our baseline and in the endzone. That's classic SDSU, which I think would look awesome on the uniforms.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      I think they look great. One small change I would recommend if we are going to keep the piping down the side: incorporate the checkerboard pattern found on our baseline and in the endzone. That's classic SDSU, which I think would look awesome on the uniforms.
      I could go for that for sure over what it is now. I still think verticle stripes look better and "flow" better.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I like them. My only problem is with the "STATE" on the mens jerseys. I would much rather see the SDSU that the women have or, better yet, the Jacks word mark (the "Jacks" on the left below). State seems so generic.

Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          I like them. My big problem is with the "STATE" on the mens jerseys. I would much rather see the SDSU that the women have or, better yet, the Jacks word mark (the "Jacks" on the left below). State seems so generic.

I love STATE on our jerseys. Seems like we've had it for about a hundred years, and pretty much the only schools that use it are well known land grant universities.

SDSU just reinforces certain broadcasters tendencies to refer to us as San Diego State.

Edit: Opinions differ, don't mean to shoot you down.

I wouldn't mind seeing some variations of STATE like Michigan State has done in the past.

“I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I have to be honest, I am underwhelmed by them all, really don't like the font on the women's or the striping on the side... that said, I agree love the players!!! so excited it is almost game time!

Comment

My only critque I have on the black jerseys, is that I would have preferred a straight black and white jersey only. Its just something about them, and looking at the Brooklyn Nets jerseys/apparel only confirms that fact for me. Still look pretty tight though. Don't really mind the stripes on the sides. Adds a little style. As far as STATE on the jersey goes, I prefer that over SDSU. Get as far away from being similar to San Diego State as possible.
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I think they look good. Grey must be the new in thing because you are sseing it a lot in football and basketball. I think it is a good change of pace. Love the black, white, and blue!

Not only that, Under Armour really stepped up with a package that helps out SDSU. Not only that, they're product is dynamite and will sell well in the bookstore. Really happy we have UA on board!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

BTW, Tony looks BIG and you can tell Dykstra has lost those pounds. Nate looks like Nate.

SUEPRBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I think San Diego State University has for all extensive purposes has already stolen our 'U' at the end of South Dakota State University,even though we were founded before they were.A lot of web sites that list colleges list San Diego State as SDSU and South Dakota State as South Dakota State.I suppose they do that to avoid confusion.Another case where outsiders end up defining who you are for their convenience instead of respecting the wishes of the institution.San Diego State will alway's be the "other" SDSU to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      Are you complaining because the men have too many jerseys?
                      Not at all, I was just wishing that someone could tell me what they were all for? I really don't care if they have a fresh uniform for every single game if UA will spring for that. Will the bookstore be selling the jerseys for fans? I saw on the Summit League site that you can do personalized jerseys but the link wasn't working yesterday for me. I'd like to get my kids jerseys for christmas so any helpful hints on where to purchase would be appreciated.
                      Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        I think San Diego State University has for all extensive purposes has already stolen our 'U' at the end of South Dakota State University,even though we were founded before they were.A lot of web sites that list colleges list San Diego State as SDSU and South Dakota State as South Dakota State.I suppose they do that to avoid confusion.Another case where outsiders end up defining who you are for their convenience instead of respecting the wishes of the institution.San Diego State will alway's be the "other" SDSU to me.
                        ESPN shows scores as SD State. So that is probably why they have State instead of SDSU
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I like them. Glad they got rid of the yellow ones.

Comment

was trying to come up with something about why certain colors and designs were used in sports uniforms but really couldnt find much. Now if you know what all the numbers and graphs mean you can read this http://urp.unca.edu/sites/urp.unca.e...Management.pdf or just go for the easy stuff like I did.

Yellow is very effective for attracting attention, so use it to highlight the most important elements of your design.
                            ¨ Men usually perceive yellow as a very lighthearted, 'kiddish' color, so it is not recommended to use yellow when selling prestigious, expensive products to men - nobody will buy a yellow business suit or a yellow Mercedes.
                            ¨ Yellow is an unstable and spontaneous color, so avoid using yellow if you want to suggest stability and safety.
                            Yellow produces a warming effect, arouses cheerfulness, stimulates mental activity, and generates muscle energy

It is often associated with depth and stability.
                            ¨ It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven.
                            ¨ Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect.
                            ¨ Blue is strongly associated with tranquility and calmness.
                            ¨ In heraldry, blue is used to symbolize piety and sincerity.
                            Blue is linked to consciousness and intellect.
                            ¨ Blue is a masculine color; according to studies, it is highly accepted among males.
                            Dark blue represents knowledge, power, integrity, and seriousness

White is associated with light, goodness, innocence, and purity.
                            ¨ It is considered to be the color of perfection.

Black is associated with power, elegance, formality, death, evil, and mystery.
                            Black denotes strength and authority; it is considered to be a very formal, elegant, and prestigious color
                            Black gives the feeling of perspective and depth, but the black background diminishes readability

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              I love STATE on our jerseys. Seems like we've had it for about a hundred years, and pretty much the only schools that use it are well known land grant universities.
                              That's fair. I just think that there are a zillion states. We are the only Jackrabbits. People are much more likely to know who the Jackrabbits are than which of the many "States" they're looking at. Remember how that ESPN guy got all fired up about the Jackrabbit logo last year? It seems like we should be trying to find ways to brand ourselves with the rabbit if we want people elsewhere to know who we are. To me, "STATE" worked when we were in a D2 conference.

Last summer, we went to Disney World. Several people saw our SDSU gear and said they had seen the Jackrabbits in the tourney. State means nothing to them. The Jackrabbit? They remember that.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                That's fair. I just think that there are a zillion states. We are the only Jackrabbits. People are much more likely to know who the Jackrabbits are than which of the many "States" they're looking at. Remember how that ESPN guy got all fired up about the Jackrabbit logo last year? It seems like we should be trying to find ways to brand ourselves with the rabbit if we want people elsewhere to know who we are. To me, "STATE" worked when we were in a D2 conference.

Last summer, we went to Disney World. Several people saw our SDSU gear and said they had seen the Jackrabbits in the tourney. State means nothing to them. The Jackrabbit? They remember that.
                                I could not agree more. The rabbit is unique and I would love to see it emphasized. Uniform characteristics are not a big deal to me but I definitely would not have gone with "State".

Comment

Working...
                                X