Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pierre Scrimmage

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Yankton would triple the attendance at a scrimmage as compared to those 3. Not a reason not to scrimmage elsewhere just saying.
    I think Watertown would show up no problem.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Yankton would triple the attendance at a scrimmage as compared to those 3. Not a reason not to scrimmage elsewhere just saying.
      Well, if you're going to play in Yankton, might as well do one in Sioux Falls... I kid.

Yankton would also be an excellent choice.

Watertown and Huron seem like good choices because they are within easy driving distance of Brookings.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

If they keep doing it I wouldn't set up a rotation or anything, I would look at the roster, look at maybe a charity in one of those cities and make a choice. Try to find something where either we are recruiting someone from that city, or have someone from their, tied into a local situation/charity. Similar to why Pierre was chosen. Otherwise I think it would just be a why didn't my city get it, or my city would have attended it better.

Comment

An upside to Pierre, aside from
          the fact that is my adopted home town, is that it's 3 hours closer for a lot of great West River Jacks fans!

Comment

I would say that the black hills should be in the rotation if they would do somethign like that too give a little showcase to the great fans we have out there. along with the yankton/watertown/pierre stops. maybe team up with the womens team to both go give a little more for the effort and showcase both programs.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I like all these promotional ideas. I hope some one from the Staff is reading this or its being discussed in internal meetings.

Comment

Photos courtesy of Bob Gill:

http://bobgill.com/conrad/

My god is Fiegen ripped!
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Nice. Thanks for the photos. ... Pierre, as the capital and its middle-of-the-state location was a great site for scrimmage. Kudos to whoever came up with the idea. I agree that Yankton would be a good place to hold a scrimmage, too. It's a natural, with WNAX radio based there. Watertown would be a good, too. Any decent-sized community/trade center in the region that can help expand the Jacks' footprint would be a good site. Joeboo has the right idea: Every year, take a look at the current roster of players (and maybe the location of possible recruits), consider local charity needs and take a scrimmage to a different community every year. Taking the show on the road fits well into SDSU's mission as a land-grant university.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                  X