Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 players leaving...

Per TV:

Alex Olson, Austin Hennings, Sam Francis and Zach Monaghan.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: 4 players leaving...

walk-ons don't surprise me, they come and go. Sam Francis, not too much, the impression I got he just wasn't transitioning well. (has to be hard coming from Bulgaria to South Dakota). But Monaghan surprises me. Unless there is another issue behind it. But of all the players, he was the most vocal on twitter of being a fan, he was always the #1 person off the bench to give a high five, etc. Nagy always talked highly of him.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if Monaghan ends up at MN St - Mankato, I believe his brother is on staff there under Margenthaler.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        walk-ons don't surprise me, they come and go. Sam Francis, not too much, the impression I got he just wasn't transitioning well. (has to be hard coming from Bulgaria to South Dakota). But Monaghan surprises me. Unless there is another issue behind it. But of all the players, he was the most vocal on twitter of being a fan, he was always the #1 person off the bench to give a high five, etc. Nagy always talked highly of him.
        With what we were bringing back and what we have for recruits none were probably going to really see much playing time. Zach am a bit surprised. I agree wonder if there is more too it.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That to bad about Zach Monaghan he looked like he was a great teammate and one of my sons favorites. He came and visited his kindergarden class and he talked to him after a summit league game, autograph session and when ever my son could bug him. Zach always took the time to talk to him and I have a lot of respect for the way he carried him self as a jackrabbit. I and my son wish him well and wish it would have worked out here.

Comment

With these departures, it appears the recruiting for next season is not complete. Zach and Francis where on scholarship where they not?
            We could still pick up some more recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              Wouldn't be surprised if Monaghan ends up at MN St - Mankato, I believe his brother is on staff there under Margenthaler.
              And that is why I am guessing there is another factor associated with it. Just speculation but generally you can look at a roster and identify who you think may transfer. Red-shirts are generally front and center. Zach wasn't one of them. I know the playing time wasn't there, he had some injuries to his knees, maybe he saw the writing on the wall that playing time wasn't coming and wanted to go somewhere else. I will give Zach credit though, if he had plans on transferring for awhile, he didn't show it. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                With these departures, it appears the recruiting for next season is not complete. Zach and Francis where on scholarship where they not?
                We could still pick up some more recruits.
                Yes, so if my math is correct. 11-1(grad)-2(transfer)+2(committed)= 10 which leaves three open.

Comment

I think we can easily pick up a couple of players that fit our current needs and add depth and more talent.

Comment

Does anyone know whether or not the NCAA made a decision on whether or not they are going to eventually go to 12 scholarships for men's basketball? I know it was a topic of discussion but I forgot if they ruled on that, postponed it, or if it wasn't scheduled until later.

Comment

Joe, I thought men's basketball is already at 12 schollies?

Unfortunate to see this much turnover, but at the same time, might give us a chance to bring in a possible JuCo to help us out in the immediate future.

Comment

Yes, so if my math is correct. 11-1(grad)-2(transfer)+2(committed)= 10 which leaves three open.
                        So would be adding one more big, a 3 point sniper and a crazy athletic wing be asking too much...I kid, I kid...kind of
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                          Joe, I thought men's basketball is already at 12 schollies?

Unfortunate to see this much turnover, but at the same time, might give us a chance to bring in a possible JuCo to help us out in the immediate future.
                          no its 13, and I found it, for now they don't plan on lowering it to 12...... http://fringebowlteamblog.com/?q=blo...larship-limits

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            So would be adding one more big, a 3 point sniper and a crazy athletic wing be asking too much...I kid, I kid...kind of
                            I was thinking, JuCo 7 footer, who likes the mid-west so he turned down the big schools, a high D-I transfer who can play defense and shoot 3's who can play right away, and then a TOP150 6'8" wing who got confused with the SDSU's and thought he was going to San Diego

Comment

no its 13, and I found it, for now they don't plan on lowering it to 12...... http://fringebowlteamblog.com/?q=blo...larship-limits
                              Thanks I learned something new today!

Comment

Working...
                              X