Baylor University Info Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baylor University Info Thread

FYI: There is a behind the scenes with Baylor men's basketball (College Hoops Confidential) on tonight at 7:30pm on CBS College Sports. Its an oddball channel, but I know on Directv its channel 613.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasjeremy View Post
      FYI: There is a behind the scenes with Baylor men's basketball (College Hoops Confidential) on tonight at 7:30pm on CBS College Sports. Its an oddball channel, but I know on Directv its channel 613.
      i saw it. looks like scott is great family man. he has taken a program that was almost dead into a winner. a+ coach and an a++ person.

Comment

Originally posted by BaylorHistory View Post
        I know football does, not sure if the new basketball one is or not.
        Daktronics started by SDSU Electrical Engineering Profs ... made in Brookings, SD!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Daktronics started by SDSU Electrical Engineering Profs ... made in Brookings, SD!
          Best engineering major there is.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
            i saw it. looks like scott is great family man. he has taken a program that was almost dead into a winner. a+ coach and an a++ person.
            Yeah, not quite the sleazy scumbag that our rivals would have you believe he is.

Comment

Pictures of the new football stadium that is in the works

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-...031312aab.html

Comment

More

Comment

Nice! You just need a few huge Daktronics scoreboards to top it off!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Nice! You just need a few huge Daktronics scoreboards to top it off!
                    I think we'll have 2 scoreboards plus a ribbonboard. Does Daktronics make those too? They must be loving these stadium arms races.

Comment

Originally posted by BaylorHistory View Post
                      I think we'll have 2 scoreboards plus a ribbonboard. Does Daktronics make those too? They must be loving these stadium arms races.
                      Yes they are loving that staduim arms race, DAKT has paid dividends of 60 cents per share the past two years, and they went public not long ago. DAKT is their symbol on NASDAQ. Check them out. Just under 9 bucks a share and a good investment. Apparently the Baptists have some money. The drawings are very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Yes they are loving that staduim arms race, DAKT has paid dividends of 60 cents per share the past two years, and they went public not long ago. DAKT is their symbol on NASDAQ. Check them out. Just under 9 bucks a share and a good investment. Apparently the Baptists have some money. The drawings are very impressive.
                        The stadium is expected to cost $300+ million. The lead gift from was from Drayton McLane, Jr. (just sold the Houston Astros for over $600 milllion), which was believed to be in the $100 million range. Baylor is small, but has many rich, powerful alumni. Current Texas Rangers baseball majority owner (Bob Simpson) is also a Baylor alumni.

Comment

Working...
                        X