X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Selection Sunday: The Thread

Originally posted by hareball View Post
    Montana a 13 seed ??
    Summit doesn't get respect despite its ranking among similar conferences this year. No history in the Big Dance hurts every year. I really believe if Washington could have won that game they would have been in and SDSU would have been the 13 in Portland. No wins over top 50 or any tourney teams.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Also Ohio from the MAC (Yeah the same MAC that went 0-3 against the Summit in Bracketbusters) with a 13 seed. Almost enough disrespect for the Summit to make me cheer for the Rabbits in round one.
      USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
        Also Ohio from the MAC (Yeah the same MAC that went 0-3 against the Summit in Bracketbusters) with a 13 seed. Almost enough disrespect for the Summit to make me cheer for the Rabbits in round one.
        Those are 2 glaring examples. Getting a win or two in the tourney is what its going to take to improve the seeding odds and to make it a multibid conference. So yeah, you should cheer for the Jackrabbits and not just for that reason.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Last time I cheered for the Jacks was the FCS playoffs a couple of years ago - maybe best for the Jacks if I don't jump on the bandwagon.
          USD Fan

Comment

We were the #56 seed overall--the fourth #13 seed.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oral Roberts was the first team out..... that right there should have put SDSU higher then a 14 seed, because if ORU would have been in they would have been a 13 seed in Dayton......

I'm wondering if SDSU wasn't a 13 or a higher 14 but got moved due to one of those reasons they mention, whether it was regional problems or a faith based school.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                We were the #56 seed overall--the fourth #13 seed.
                Um, oops. The second #14 seed. Forgot about the six #16 seeds.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  Anyone know what TIME SDSU plays on Thursday? I didn't catch that. I won't be able to watch it during the day so I'm hoping they're playing the night session.
                  KELO says the game will be at 5:30 Central time.

Comment

Well, it's nice to know that come rain or shine you can count on the NCAA screwing over the Jacks. This is the fifth time in four years, and the inevitable assignment of SDSU to a #15 seed tomorrow will make it the sixth time.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      Oral Roberts was the first team out..... that right there should have put SDSU higher then a 14 seed, because if ORU would have been in they would have been a 13 seed in Dayton......

I'm wondering if SDSU wasn't a 13 or a higher 14 but got moved due to one of those reasons they mention, whether it was regional problems or a faith based school.
                      I haven't looked at the official seeding but in some of the projections SDSt was ahead of NMSt. for a 13 seed. Very possible that Baylor's 3 seed and regional assignment bumped NMSt up to a 13 leaving a 14 open for SDSt to slide into it.

Comment

Or perhaps somone on the committee has a sense of humor?

images[3].jpg
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Listening to the chairman of the selection committee,it was apparent that they strongly emphasized strength of schedule. I would guess that didn't help the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Listening to the chairman of the selection committee,it was apparent that they strongly emphasized strength of schedule. I would guess that didn't help the Jacks.
                            I don't think there's any question. I think fans,and even the media put too much emphasis on RPI. That's only one of many things they use to select and seed teams.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              That and a lack/absence of wins against top 50 or current tourney teams as well as several bad, bad losses. Positives included our record over the last 10 games. An RPI in the 30's might help you overcome those first 2 points, not an RPI in the 40's.

Comment

Frankly I think mizzu got screwed. 4 losses and won big 12 and gets a 2 seed. Should have been 1 seed over mich state imho. Unc throttled mich state and they are both 1 seeds. Go figure.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X