Post-summit rpi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post-summit rpi

Just a reminder to people that this is the MEN'S basketball thread here. Might be some confusion going on.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I agree with Rabbit Ob. I would be shocked with a 16 seed. A little surprised with either a 13 or a 15. I would guess a 14, but I would love to be "pleasantly" surprised.

Comment

Sorry, I was already wrong, I agree with "witness."

Comment

I will clarify as well.

I realize I quoted someone using the womens past seedings as a point of reference.

I was using that statement to say that I wouldn't be surprised to see the men get shafted (16 seed) like the women commonly do.

I would be shocked with a 12, hoping for a 13, expecting a 14 or 15, and wouldn't be surprised with a 16.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            I will clarify as well.

I realize I quoted someone using the womens past seedings as a point of reference.

I was using that statement to say that I wouldn't be surprised to see the men get shafted (16 seed) like the women commonly do.

I would be shocked with a 12, hoping for a 13, expecting a 14 or 15, and wouldn't be surprised with a 16.
            I know I was confused for a while there . . . No worries . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

What seed did the Bison recieve back in 2009 and does anyone remember their RPI come selection Sunday? I can't imagine getting any worse of a seed than the Bison back then, but can't imagine getting too much better either.

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                What seed did the Bison recieve back in 2009 and does anyone remember their RPI come selection Sunday? I can't imagine getting any worse of a seed than the Bison back then, but can't imagine getting too much better either.

Go Jacks!!
                They finished 26-7, had an RPI of 87 and were a #14 seed against Kansas.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/rankings/RPI?id=2008-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  Everyone should be cheering for Buffalo, Western Michigan, Minnesota, Georgia and Washington in the conference tournaments. Every win helps up just a little bit and a conference championship for any of them (especially Buffalo or Washington) would be a nice boost for our resume.
                  Washington is currently down by 13 at halftime of their quarterfinal matchup with Oregon St. Airing on Fox Sports North, for those interested and not at work.

Comment

Washington loses in the quarterfinals to number 9 seed Oregon St. in the Pac12 tourney. Tony Wroten went 0-4 on FT's in final minute, all attempts were when they were down by 1. March Madness!

Wont help our rpi, and one can only wonder how this will effect their tourney chances.

Comment

Originally posted by student View Post
                      Washington is currently down by 13 at halftime of their quarterfinal matchup with Oregon St. Airing on Fox Sports North, for those interested and not at work.
                      Washington blew a 6 point lead late in the game and then Wroten missed 4 free throws in the last minute that would have won the game.

Washington shot just 12-27 from the line.

Final Score 86-84 Oregon St.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                        Washington blew a 6 point lead late in the game and then Wroten missed 4 free throws in the last minute that would have won the game.

Washington shot just 12-27 from the line.

Final Score 86-84 Oregon St.
                        This probably doesn't affect the Jacks seed that much,but games like this will pop ORU's bubble,which wasn't very big anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          I expect a #14. A #13 would be a wonderment, and a #12 would be a miracle.
                          Could justify us getting a #13 but very unlikely. A #14 is where SDSU belongs. I won't be a bit surprised if they stick us with a #15. There is a HUGE difference between a 13/14 and a 15 seed IMHO. Washington's loss last night hurts SDSU more than just the RPI. That win would have swayed some opinions if WU wouldn't have lain down at the end of the year.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What would be your preference - a 13 or 14 seed and likely not playing in Omaha or a 15 seed and playing Mizzou or KU in Omaha?

Disclaimer - I am not a certified bracketologist & didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
                            USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                              What would be your preference - a 13 or 14 seed and likely not playing in Omaha or a 15 seed and playing Mizzou or KU in Omaha?

Disclaimer - I am not a certified bracketologist & didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
                              Higher the seed the better in most instances. How the Jacks match-up will ultimately determine the best draw but in most instances playing a 3 or 4 gives you a much better chance than a 1 or 2. I would go to any location if I could, but work will not allow it so I won't.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Minnesota just beat a decent Northwestern team in the first round of the Big Ten Conference.
                                It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Working...
                                X