SDSU At Oakland MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU At Oakland MI

If you kept an eye on Bader when they were running their offense the guy did not stop running. He was running,on a majority of plays, all around the offensive zone using his players and ours to keep Griff from defending him and setting up his shot. Griff had to battle just to keep up with the guy. Movement was a key to a lot of their baskets, while we stood around a lot. But if they could of shut down bader, different story, Jacks win. Bader set the school record for most threes in a game. as for the refs, typically bad. Seems after the three quick fouls to Hamilton or whoever it was they just quit calling em on Oakland and hit the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
      Not to worried. Every place in this league is a tough play to play. ORU could easily go 0-2 next week-end just as we may yet this week-end. The rule of thumb is to go undefeated at thome and win half your road games. As of now we are 4-0 at home and 4-2 on the road. We only have 3 road games left and 5 home games. I think were going to be just find. Whose with me. Let's go.

Im with you. We will have 5 of the last 7 games at home where we have only allowed one team to score over 70points. I also think we'll still get a TV Bracketbuster game if we win Sat night.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Im with you. We will have 5 of the last 7 games at home where we have only allowed one team to score over 70points. I also think we'll still get a TV Bracketbuster game if we win Sat night.
        Agreed the schedule is in our favor, its ours to blow. I just had an ugly feeling listening to the last 8 minutes or so of the game. The shots were not going down as they often have in the past, Valentine or another Griz grabbed all the rebounds. That is not a good feeling, and my instincts were correct unfortunately.

Comment

ndsu has suffered badly since the und game, that really put a dagger in their hearts. That game shouldn't of even been scheduled imho.
          if ndsu comes in as a #4,#5 seed into the tournament, games over.

Comment

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...c437799642.txt

Comment

Kampe's post game presser is great. Outside of SDSU, he is by far my favorite coach in the Summit. Great interview, honest, comes across as extremely intelligent, and always throws around great praise to those on his team and the opposing team if they deserve it. He is great for our league.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Two observations:

1) OU is pretty confident, I went to their schedule to see if they had a chance of running the table in league play. They already haver recorded a win vs. NDSU tomorrow night! Same score as the Jacks game.

2) They could well win out. Home - NDSU, IPFW, SUU. Road - IUPUI, WIl, UMKC, USD. Sagarin ratings have them favored in all but the WIl game.

Record 13-5, #3 seed?

Comment

I'm not too worried. Very good game against a pretty darn good team at their place.

Bader unfortunately has found his stroke. And some were open, yes. But many were contested. Kid was on a roll.

And we missed some crucial FT's late.

Sure would have been nice to get the win, but there's nothing to hang your head about with that performance.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    I'm not too worried. Very good game against a pretty darn good team at their place.

Bader unfortunately has found his stroke. And some were open, yes. But many were contested. Kid was on a roll.

And we missed some crucial FT's late.

Sure would have been nice to get the win, but there's nothing to hang your head about with that performance.
                    Correct. But for a team who is looking to battle for first place winning on the road to a .500 confrence record team is huge when you try to seperat your self at the top. And considering its a gym we have never won at. That in it self was a disapointing loss. As long as we win at ipfw we will be fine. I think we will learn a lot about this team with its next game. So far 2 tought road games both could have been won or lost but so far 1-1. A loss at ipfw would be tough considering oru is right around the corner.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      I'll second this.

But I'll also add that Valentine's illegal picks helped out a lot. He hipchecked the Jacks defender everytime Bader went of one of his "screens." If I was Coach Nagy, I'd be asking the officials to watch for it if we meet up with them in the tournament.
                      Some co-workers were talking today about one of the refs last night (Hightower) is one of the better Big 12 (I think) refs...has ref'd numerous Final Four games. Thought that was interesting considering all the talk about bad officiating.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        Some co-workers were talking today about one of the refs last night (Hightower) is one of the better Big 12 (I think) refs...has ref'd numerous Final Four games. Thought that was interesting considering all the talk about bad officiating.
                        Hightower refs in the Big Ten. As far as being a good official - whenever he refs a Gopher game,the fans on their site expect to get screwed. And if the opposing team has a "name" coach like Izzo,Ryan or Matta,prepare for a long night.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          I think several calls went Oakland's way just like several calls went the Jack's way in Brookings. Jackrabbits didn't lose this game because of officiating. They didn't finish and Bader was insane like Morrison was in Tulsa.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            I think several calls went Oakland's way just like several calls went the Jack's way in Brookings. Jackrabbits didn't lose this game because of officiating. They didn't finish and Bader was insane like Morrison was in Tulsa.
                            Piggybacking on md's thought:
                            Just think....These two had to go "insane" to beat SDSU by 5 pts and 10pts? Wolters goes "insane" and SDSU beats PAC12 Washington by almost 20!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                            X