Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMKC @ Frost

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Remember all that talk after last season about "Holy smoke....what are we gonna do without Dale and Clint?"

I think we're doing juuuuust fine.
    I think they will be even better next year without Griff. Griff is a great player just the older Wolters, Dykstra, White and Fiegen will more than make of for his loss.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Congrats on the win over UMKC. The conference title could come down to the ORU game when they come to Brookings. I am really hopeful that The Jacks can get to their first ever NCAA Tourney this year.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Shall we assume you meant NCAA D1 tourney? The Jacks have already won an NCAA tourney.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          I think they will be even better next year without Griff. Griff is a great player just the older Wolters, Dykstra, White and Fiegen will more than make of for his loss.
          Agree that the potential to be as good is there. It will be interesting to see if all of the red-shirts (both scholarship and walk-ons) return,as there are not going to be a lot of minutes available for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
            Congrats on the win over UMKC. The conference title could come down to the ORU game when they come to Brookings. I am really hopeful that The Jacks can get to their first ever NCAA Tourney this year.

I hope we are still in it when ORU comes to Brookings. The 3 games leading up to that game will be tough road games. Playing in a place we have never won before and havent won at NDSU for a long time
            Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 01-15-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Hard to complain about a game like this, but I'll give it a shot.

The refs were horrendous. They made some blatantly bad calls, with the two most obvious being the goal tend called on Prince and the charge called when the defender wasn't set and was still inside the circle. Awful. The entire second half turned into a free throw contest. Both teams were in the bonus with 15 minutes left. Come on guys.

Also, even though Prince ended up with 16 points, I hate hate hate his offensive game. When he drives, everyone else on the team might as well be sitting on the bench because he will not pass the ball. It works when the refs call everything like last night, but he drives into some terrible double and triple teams and forces bad shots.

It's weird going to games and being assured of the outcome by halftime. As an SDSU fan, I love it, but as someone who enjoys watching good basketball, it kinda sucks.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                You are on crack. Our best rebounder, our 2nd best 3 pt shooter, 2nd best FT, close to the top in shooting percentage(in which he has way more attempts than the others),tied for most steals in one player. I think people underestimate just how important this ONE senior is, I hope these underclassmen work their tails off to hook him up with a nice invitation to go Dancing. He has a defensive toughness that is hard to replicate and I don't think I see it so much in the younger kids.
                P.S. Why the heck are we worried about next season? Why are you dreaming about tomorrow when we are winning today?

http://www.gojacks.com/fls/15000/stats/2012_MBB/teamcume.htm
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Shocking......
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    You are on crack. Our best rebounder, our 2nd best 3 pt shooter, 2nd best FT, close to the top in shooting percentage(in which he has way more attempts than the others),tied for most steals in one player. I think people underestimate just how important this ONE senior is, I hope these underclassmen work their tails off to hook him up with a nice invitation to go Dancing. He has a defensive toughness that is hard to replicate and I don't think I see it so much in the younger kids.
                    P.S. Why the heck are we worried about next season? Why are you dreaming about tomorrow when we are winning today?

http://www.gojacks.com/fls/15000/sta...B/teamcume.htm

I won't be as forward, but I think he'll be missed a ton. His toughness is what makes him so good.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The refs were horrendous. They made some blatantly bad calls, with the two most obvious being the goal tend called on Prince and the charge called when the defender wasn't set and was still inside the circle. Awful. The entire second half turned into a free throw contest. Both teams were in the bonus with 15 minutes left. Come on guys.

Also, even though Prince ended up with 16 points, I hate hate hate his offensive game. When he drives, everyone else on the team might as well be sitting on the bench because he will not pass the ball. It works when the refs call everything like last night, but he drives into some terrible double and triple teams and forces bad shots.

It's weird going to games and being assured of the outcome by halftime. As an SDSU fan, I love it, but as someone who enjoys watching good basketball, it kinda sucks.
                      I don't have a problem with Prince driving because he goes strong and usually ends up at the FT line. Some times its a better move to go up strong then to make a pass with a double team. He is also a true freshman, I hope he develops as a passer because he does require help many times when he drives.

As far as the team being better next year, well I'll worry about that next year, the coaches are still recruiting kids, we don't know who will even be on the roster, how the returners will develop, etc. I will say this though, I think the Summit could be easier to win next year because ORU won't be in the conference, but that has nothing to do with SDSU. I think Griff has developed into one heck of a player, but I don't think SDSU will have a problem replacing his numbers next year, it will be replacing his attitude and toughness that will be tough to replace.

Comment

The refs were horrendous. They made some blatantly bad calls, with the two most obvious being the goal tend called on Prince and the charge called when the defender wasn't set and was still inside the circle. Awful. The entire second half turned into a free throw contest. Both teams were in the bonus with 15 minutes left. Come on guys.Also, even though Prince ended up with 16 points, I hate hate hate his offensive game. When he drives, everyone else on the team might as well be sitting on the bench because he will not pass the ball. It works when the refs call everything like last night, but he drives into some terrible double and triple teams and forces bad shots.
                        Both good points. One of the refs was really awful, and in this case he brought down the rest of the crew. Also, Prince is pretty talented, but he seems to lack "court vision". He needs to get better about passing the ball and catching the ball.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                          Both good points. One of the refs was really awful, and in this case he brought down the rest of the crew. Also, Prince is pretty talented, but he seems to lack "court vision". He needs to get better about passing the ball and catching the ball.
                          I love Prince's build and I try to remind myself that he is only a freshman. His moves seem somewhat awkward and unorthodox. He could do a lot to convert me if he drove and dished a couple of times. Maybe it's more apparent/obvious because everyone else on the team is an extremely good passer.

I like that he is aggressive, sometimes it's too much though.

And sorry Catrabbit. I'll make sure to consult you or someone else before I make a post.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

http://www.gojacks.com/fls/15000/stats/2012_MBB/teamcume.htm
                            I'm on your side. Griff has been a heck of a player and if you don't think he will be a huge loss, you've been taking too many puffs and not passing.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                              I'm on your side. Griff has been a heck of a player and if you don't think he will be a huge loss, you've been taking too many puffs and not passing.
                              The point is, the same thing was said last year about Dale and Clint, and you know what, we are surviving just fine.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                The point is, the same thing was said last year about Dale and Clint, and you know what, we are surviving just fine.
                                Of course, we will survive...and IMO, we are going to be an even better team next year. But the important point about Griff, is that we wouldn't be as good a team this year as we are, without the tremendous contribution he is making to this year's team. We WILL miss him, but I believe we will have a lot of players who will play at an even higher level next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X