Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD Week

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Won't be for long. As most of us realized, this game isn't close.
    There was a reason I didn't show up for this one. It's kind of expensive to buy those bags with precut eyeholes. I hear SDSU concessions were selling those at half price for all the USD fans at the game.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

86-56 Final and no game day thread. Will we be able to lay a 30 pt loss on them everytime we play? I don think that will be the case. Lets hope we can win in Vermillion, and lets not lay another egg down there.

Comment

Game went pretty much how I thought it would. Nice to see a blowout but it was tough for the fans to stay in the game when they were up 20+ over half the game. Wolters played decent didnt force too much but didnt have to with Callahan hitting and other players playing well. Louie was who I thought it was. An undersized 2 guard that will disappear make a few threes than disappear. Gruis is very good and probably one of the best players on the team. #1, Charlie Westbrook had the play of the game I thought. That was a darn good dunk and one of the best I've seen at Frost, but he really didn't do much else. Overall it was a good game from the Jacks and got the reserves in which was nice.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

86-56. Was this what the media types meant when they went on about how this game was such a good thing for the state? Perhaps they meant good for State.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

The best stat was 94% from the free throw line.

Comment

Great win for the Jacks. But as far as a basketball game, it was not a lot of fun to watch. I guess my saying that the most exciting part of the game being the doors opening wasn't far off...

I know that USD will get better so the games will be better, but I hope the folks that kept saying "you throw the records out" when these teams get together. What those people don't, or didn't want to, understand is that USD is still way behind.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Loved the "We want Augie" chants by the students in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  I wasn't sure what to think of that. Part of me said, ouch what a dig at USD. The other part said...what would you want to play D2 teams for.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

After this big win,the key is to not come out flat on Saturday against UMKC. No repeats of the UND game. Luckily this game is in front of the home crowd which should help.

Comment

Nice win, glad we got to rest the starters.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        I wasn't sure what to think of that. Part of me said, ouch what a dig at USD. The other part said...what would you want to play D2 teams for.
                        Yea, i thought about that too but laughed when i first heard it. The NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE cheer in the first half was good.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          That one was mine. It was totally just a dig; no one actually wants to play Augie.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I really regret not making it to the game tonight, but alas I had the Madison-Flandreau boys' game. Hearing that my Jacks manhandled the Yoties makes the sting of Madison's loss a little easier.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Well....that was a pretty boring game. I think anybody following both teams this season knew this outcome would happen. The more interesting game will be in Vermillion. Can the Jacks win in the Dakotadome?
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

[QUOTE=2002jack;193886 Can the Jacks win in the Dakotadome?[/QUOTE]

Yes.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X