Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ORU

Originally posted by goon View Post
    A relativly close game after the half and the final 10 minutes they go off shooting all over and we can't buy a bucket and nate plays well with no help and get blown out the last 10 minutes. To me it is the exact same. Just a better opponent tonight.
    We can agree to disagree, I guess.

At UND, Carlson played 32 minutes, at ORU he played 24. Carlson is our best on ball defender, him in foul trouble contributed to Morrison going off.

Callahan is the best rebounder on the team (not to mention a pretty decent defender). No really, he averages the most rebounds of any Jackrabbit. That may have had something to do with ORU's offensive rebounding.

I watched both games online, and IMO there was no comparison. At UND we played poorly, as badly as we played during the transition years. At ORU we got outplayed with our top two defenders and top rebounder on the bench for long stretches of the game. No doubt ORU deserves credit for playing well and getting our guys in foul trouble, but comparing the ORU loss to the UND loss on score alone is simplistic, IMO.
    Last edited by SF_Rabbit_Fan; 01-09-2012, 08:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Oral Roberts is the best team in the summit this year no doubt about that. But this is basketball and we did beat washington so anything can happen. But honestly i can see them dominating the summit league tourney and heading out of the conference with a bang very easily... (sad face)
      I mean spare the details, oral roberts is legit.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
        Oral Roberts is the best team in the summit this year no doubt about that. But this is basketball and we did beat washington so anything can happen. But honestly i can see them dominating the summit league tourney and heading out of the conference with a bang very easily... (sad face)
        I mean spare the details, oral roberts is legit.
        They are legit,but we are only 1/3 of the way through the regular season. No team can consistently put up offensive numbers like they did against the Bison and Jacks - the law of averages will kick in. Let's wait and see how they play in Brookings and Fargo,and even Macomb,much less in Sioux Falls before we punch their ticket to the Big Dance.

Comment

totally agree with ya.. but seriously you cant improve athleticism in a half season and oral roberts seems to be sooo much more athletic than us or ndsu.. although i havent seen em play so i could be clueless but i doubt it.. i saw they beat texas tech at home, beat xavier (without studs), played oklahome within 14.. with that said i think the summit league tourneys gonna be exciting this year !

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            They are legit,but we are only 1/3 of the way through the regular season. No team can consistently put up offensive numbers like they did against the Bison and Jacks - the law of averages will kick in. Let's wait and see how they play in Brookings and Fargo,and even Macomb,much less in Sioux Falls before we punch their ticket to the Big Dance.
            Good points BT1. The results of their visit to Macomb, shows they are not unbeatable on the road...though they did barely escape that game. They still have to make the northern swing and I think they will probably both be pretty close games.

Comment

Working...
            X