No announcement yet.

Oakland: Biggest home game in D-1 era?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oakland: Biggest home game in D-1 era?

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Anyone else not impressed with the concession situation? Every game I've been to...only one side open? Really?
    Couldn't agree more. Whoever had the idea to open only one concession stand should be fired. I missed the most exciting five minutes of the game standing in line getting my kids sodas and popcorn (oh yeah they ran out of popcorn). I mean nachos. Go Rabbits!

Comment

• Re: Oakland: Biggest home game in D-1 era?

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      I stand corrected.

When did you arrive at State? (It was a vintage year: 3.2 beer legal for 18 year olds starting 7/1/72 and the "old" Horts was alive and well.)

And it was 431 degrees in the Barn and some of the students were scarey. I worked in the press "box" which was suspended from the "roof" above the south bleachers. It was 450 degrees in the "box". When Frost opened in second semester that year, it seemed to be an empty, sterile environment and Coach Marking at one point quipped that if it didn't liven up in there, we'd be back in the Barn.
      Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....Horts! Now THAT was the "Good Old Days"!!
      When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Working...
      X