No announcement yet.

Oakland: Biggest home game in D-1 era?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakland: Biggest home game in D-1 era?

Wow what a time to be a Jackrabbit fan!
    Our guys are playing about as good as any team that SDSU has put on the court. Carlson is really coming into his own with his offense and defense. I was impressed with the way that they shut Hamiliton down in the second half. Hamilton had an unconicious first half. Net after net. Kampe must be very happy that Hamilton transferred from UMKC. They have some leadership in Hamilton and Valentine to lead those rookies through this time of trial. THose Oakland kids will be tough by the end of season. So will the Jacks.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 12-31-2011, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Joeboo: are you catching the games in Spearfish over WNAX?
      I'm in Tyndall right now, but I have caught games on WNAX (have to know where to go to find it) or the station out of Pierre. I had actually planned on going to the game but the guy I was going to go with couldn't make it.

Comment

Nagy said with the pace that Oakland was playing he didn't see the need to sub a lot. Got plenty of rest waiting for the grizz to bring the ball up court and start their rotations. as for Hamilton. didn't he leave UMKC to be on a winner and have a chance for a championship. still have a chance for that but right now their 8-8

Comment

Attendance was good. I was slightly surprised that the staff did not have at minimum the east upper bleachers pulled out. Lots of people standing and / or setting in the upper corners of the south side of Frost. Its amazing how many fans you have when you win. Good team, winning team, good weather and a fun game to watch.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Carlson did have an excellent game. I thought it was a mistake to have Carlson defend someone other than Hamilton. But, Carlson really took to off guard out of the game. Hamilton got a little frustrated and thru up some ill advised shots late in the game. This persons jury was still out regarding Carlson until the last three or four games..........he has game. Clearly one of our best defenders, but he can also score, rebound and handle the ball. Two games in a row for Carlson setting personal bests for points scored.

Good win

GBGBGJ

Comment

JACKRABBIT MEN'S BASKETBALL IS BACK!

I listened to the game on the radio and it sounded like the crowd was into it pretty good. That's great to hear. The team is brining the game and now I hope our crowd gets into it like we did a decade. The USD game is just at the right time to really get the fans Jacked Up. I miss that atmosphere and can't wait to have our crowd turn Frost Arena into a huge advantage for our team!

Didn't realize until logging on that we only played six guys. It worked well. Those guys are in good enough shape to play the full 40 if needed. Not every game but this was a big one for their confidence. Funny thing is, our depth is a huge advantage and will really pay off in Sioux Falls.

Great win men! The excitement keeps building! SDSU has always been a basketball school and it is again!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                JACKRABBIT MEN'S BASKETBALL IS BACK!

I listened to the game on the radio and it sounded like the crowd was into it pretty good. That's great to hear. The team is brining the game and now I hope our crowd gets into it like we did a decade. The USD game is just at the right time to really get the fans Jacked Up. I miss that atmosphere and can't wait to have our crowd turn Frost Arena into a huge advantage for our team!

Didn't realize until logging on that we only played six guys. It worked well. Those guys are in good enough shape to play the full 40 if needed. Not every game but this was a big one for their confidence. Funny thing is, our depth is a huge advantage and will really pay off in Sioux Falls.

Great win men! The excitement keeps building! SDSU has always been a basketball school and it is again!

SUPERBUNNY
                3800 minus the students is a good sign. If this team keeps winning I think we may actually be able to pull the students away from the books/computer games for a few hours this year filling Frost with some serious noise. Could we finally see Frost getting back to what it was like in the "good old days"?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                  3800 minus the students is a good sign. If this team keeps winning I think we may actually be able to pull the students away from the books/computer games for a few hours this year filling Frost with some serious noise. Could we finally see Frost getting back to what it was like in the "good old days"?
                  I sure hope so! For the '97-'98 season we AVERAGED 5,350 attendance...well over 6,000 for NCC games. Just think, there was basically 3X as many people at the Augie game in '89 as was in Frost last night...
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Great pic

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

Comment

• Re: Oakland: Biggest home game in D-1 era?

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Carlson was game mvp imo. His shots the first few minutes of the second half were biggest shots of the game I think. Did coach say anything about only playing 6? I would have expected atleast prince to get in.
                      I agree. Carlson was the key to the weekend. Lots of guys played great, but Carlson defended well AND scored.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        I sure hope so! For the '97-'98 season we AVERAGED 5,350 attendance...well over 6,000 for NCC games. Just think, there was basically 3X as many people at the Augie game in '89 as was in Frost last night...
                        Frost only holds 6,500 max nowadays, though. Last night felt like a lot more than 3,800.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Frost only holds 6,500 max nowadays, though. Last night felt like a lot more than 3,800.
                          The NCC teams fan bases usually could add quite a few more than the Summit fan bases.
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                            The NCC teams fan bases usually could add quite a few more than the Summit fan bases.
                            weren't almost all games double headers as well?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              weren't almost all games double headers as well?
                              Yes and the games were played on Fridays and Saturdays

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                Jacks drew nearly 12,000 fans for a basketball game? Wow!

Comment

Working...
                                X