RPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI

J.J.: Welcome to the board and thanks for taking the time to add some context and information on ORU crowds. Your comment about 4,000 in a 10,000 seat arena makes sense to me. (Have a friend who went to ORU in mid-70s and lived in that area for many years -- he makes similar comments about basketball crowds.)

Now, tell us what it's going to take to beat ORU in Frost Arena. We have some ideas but an insider's view is appreciated!

Comment

I honestly don't care that much I have got the college sports package and try to watch summit league games when I can. I was just curious about the lack of people I saw especially when we played them. I know when they come here it is going to be a big game for us and I expect to see a full gym for it. I know we had over 3,000 people at the Oakland game during semester break, so I would expect that we will have a good crowd for ORU which is also a big game. I understand they have a bigger stadium so the noise and people are dispersed differently. It's just a different environment than I expected, comparing it to NDSU or SDSU. Where the venues are smaller and seem noisier. That being said I can't take away from ORU's home field advantage because they played lights out against us and find a way to get it done against other teams when the games were close. I do hope we can exploit that difference when we play them in Frost and hopefully the Summit League Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        Not a chance. I wish it could be so...but I can't see it ever happening...and until the Summit produces a team that wins at least a game in the dance they do not deserve even a thought. Harsh? Yes...but I dare anybody to argue against.
        Sports Illustrated want to argue, they agree with filbert

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...e.Watch/1.html

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          Sports Illustrated want to argue, they agree with filbert

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...e.Watch/1.html
          They write to fill up space...it isn't going to happen. Okay, maybe 1% chance.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
            They write to fill up space...it isn't going to happen. Okay, maybe 1% chance.
            While I agree it's highly unlikely, on the internet there is no need for filling space like a newspaper.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              While I agree it's highly unlikely, on the internet there is no need for filling space like a newspaper.
              VCU had an RPI of 51 last year. Enough said
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                VCU had an RPI of 51 last year. Enough said
                Okay.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Okay.
                  I meant to quote transambison but I didn't feel like deleting my post. Hah. My point is that ORU is at #44 and the Summit is no longer considered a low-major in computers and is considered a top half mid-major and nobody really knows until the selection show. Every year the committee has head-scratching decisions according to the "analysts" where they select mid-majors teams over the power 6 conferences so nobody knows until selection sunday.

Comment

I meant to quote transambison but I didn't feel like deleting my post. Hah. My point is that ORU is at #44 and the Summit is no longer considered a low-major in computers and is considered a top half mid-major and nobody really knows until the selection show. Every year the committee has head-scratching decisions according to the "analysts" where they select mid-majors teams over the power 6 conferences so nobody knows until selection sunday.
                    Please show some proof of this. Not saying you are wrong...but such a bold statement should have some backing.

Comment

I was messing around a little bit with RPI last night. To get a 65 team field based on RPI alone, by the time you eliminate the auto-bid conference leaders(assuming they will win the conference tournament) the first 52 would make the big dance. The bottom or last 13 teams come from conferences where their leader is a lower RPI team...... such as Boston University leading the America East conference with an RPI of 170.

Comment

Here is another good site with up-to-date RPI ratings, forecasted ratings, probabilities of winnings, etc.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/bb.html

Comment

According to real time RPI ORU has dropped a couple spots at 52 and SDSU has gained a couple at 62 with out having to play a game. I wonder what our RPI would be if we could win out. Would it be high enough to get us to a 13 or 14 instead of a 15 or 16 seed provided we win tonight and the rest of our home game filled schedule.
                          http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

Comment

Well that pretty much ends the debate of a two-bid conference this year. Win or go home for both ORU and SDSU now.

Comment

According to Live-RPI.com,after tonight's game ORU 54, SDSU 57

Comment

Well that pretty much ends the debate of a two-bid conference this year. Win or go home for both ORU and SDSU now.
                                Yup.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X