RPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI

Ok, I know it is too early to really have the RPI mean much, but SDSU is #87th right behind Wake Forest and the Summit League is at #12 just ahead of the Horizon League - saw this on TV's blog

http://rpiratings.com/mensrpi.php

Re: RPI

Up to 71 just ahead of ORU - that is before this weekend's wins

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      Up to 71 just ahead of ORU - that is before this weekend's wins
      Oakland and IPFW were better W's than UMKC & USD. We should hold above ORU going into ORU. Although, if ORU gets the road W, 1/3 @ Oakland, then maybe not.

Oakland will not be the regular season champ of the Summit this season.

Comment

CBS rpi has us at 68 with a 10-4 record so we may even be going higher when we are updated to 12-4.
        http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ngs/rpi/index1

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
          CBS rpi has us at 68 with a 10-4 record so we may even be going higher when we are updated to 12-4.
          http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ngs/rpi/index1
          RPI only counts D-I games.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

thanks that makes sense

Comment

***WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS DIGRESSION***With reading this thread, I am finally caught up reading new posts, I have had as many as 25 to read, but tax time is coming up and have been very busy reviewing tax law. Ugh I would rather read about SDSU climb in the RPI

Comment

ORU 45 and SDSU 64. Could the Summit get two teams in the dance this year?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                  ORU 45 and SDSU 64. Could the Summit get two teams in the dance this year?
                  Not a chance. I wish it could be so...but I can't see it ever happening...and until the Summit produces a team that wins at least a game in the dance they do not deserve even a thought. Harsh? Yes...but I dare anybody to argue against.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                    Not a chance. I wish it could be so...but I can't see it ever happening...and until the Summit produces a team that wins at least a game in the dance they do not deserve even a thought. Harsh? Yes...but I dare anybody to argue against.
                    The rise of the mid majors and the butlers prove that mid majors are just as deserving as a bottom tier power confrence club. Say we win the summit tourny and our has a great out of confrnce slate. I think it would be tough to not pick them up. That would be the only way it could happen IMO.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think two Summit teams in the NCAA tournament this year may be -- barely -- possible. Here's how:

Oral Roberts goes undefeated the rest of the regular season, including winning at Frost Arena. Then, SDSU wins the Summit League tournament, beating ORU in the final. ORU's RPI might, just might be high enough to get an at-large bid. The odds of this are quite slim, but I think they're non-zero. For this to become realistic, ORU's RPI would have to creep upward into the 30's. A LOT of good things would have to happen in order for that to occur (mainly, ORU's out-of-conference opponents would all need to go crazy from now through the end of the conference tournaments, and there would need to be virtually no upsets in those conference tournaments.)

Not likely, but perhaps barely possible.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        The rise of the mid majors and the butlers prove that mid majors are just as deserving as a bottom tier power confrence club. Say we win the summit tourny and our has a great out of confrnce slate. I think it would be tough to not pick them up. That would be the only way it could happen IMO.
                        First our conference has to have a good non-conference slate and win...big task right there...just don't see it happening. Like I said in the previous post...our conference has to win a game in the dance as well...so far our conference is not deserving of anything...which is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          I think two Summit teams in the NCAA tournament this year may be -- barely -- possible. Here's how:

Oral Roberts goes undefeated the rest of the regular season, including winning at Frost Arena. Then, SDSU wins the Summit League tournament, beating ORU in the final. ORU's RPI might, just might be high enough to get an at-large bid. The odds of this are quite slim, but I think they're non-zero. For this to become realistic, ORU's RPI would have to creep upward into the 30's. A LOT of good things would have to happen in order for that to occur (mainly, ORU's out-of-conference opponents would all need to go crazy from now through the end of the conference tournaments, and there would need to be virtually no upsets in those conference tournaments.)

Not likely, but perhaps barely possible.
                          Soon to be impossible after Jacks beat them in Frost.

Comment

SDSU, NDSU, and ORU all need to win their bracketbuster games for there to be a chance. The Summit already has a respectable OOC record, but few quality wins over top 50 RPI squads. If SDSU/ORU can win out other than the games against each other and win their bracket buster games, they should both be around #50 RPI at the end of the year and with 68 teams getting into the tourney this year there's an outside shot of getting both into the tourney.

Comment

There used to only be one, but now aren't there 4 "play in" games making a 68 team field, vs the usual 64?

Maybe if SDSU won the Summit tournament, ORU may get in by winning a "play in" game (or vice versa)?
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X