Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks vs. Huskers

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    Nate didn't shoot very well from the field but he was doubled teamed and trapped the whole game. Nebraska didn't even bother guarding anybody else.Grif was the only one to take advantage of the wide open looks.Brutal.
    This was stated in the post game show by Coach Nagy.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
      Chad White, please snap out of it. Thank You
      He will continue giving up minutes to Prince,Horstman and even Monaghan if he doesn't step it up.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        He will continue giving up minutes to Prince,Horstman and even Monaghan if he doesn't step it up.
        Prince and a healthy Dykstra start with Chad and Brayden coming off the bench.... Hello Summit!

Comment

Finally got to see my first live Jacks game since UNO in the DII days.

Just a few random thoughts.....

1) Nate is a stud.....doubled and trapped most of the game and still found ways to get to the hoop. Scary to think what he could do if anyone else would take just a little pressure off him.....also hate the thought that opposing fans think he is a ball hog who forces too many shots...if only they knew what he has to do to get us rolling
          2) Ya know you're in trouble when 3 guys score 55 of your 64 points.
          3) Not used to watching the guys on the court, I thought to myself after the game....I wonder why White didn't play, is he hurt....then looked at the box score and saw that he did...I think that sums up his performance...Never heard his name mentioned once over the public address
          4) Was pretty obvious we were on our 4th road game in 6 days....the shots were flat and we looked emotionally drained out there
          5) We don't seem to have anyone who can create a shot for themselves other than Nate and Prince at times....I would like to see the other guys slash to the basket more on Nate's drives..... it seems like his options far too often were to kick it back out to someone at the three point line
          6) I liked Prince's aggressiveness...not a great shooter and a little out of control on his drives but plays fearless...we have numerous players who could take a cue from him on the fearless part
          7)I like Horstman....he'll be good by the time he is done
          8) Thank god Griff was hitting three's......could have easily been a 25 point blow out
          9) 4th game in 6 days....didn't really understand the 7 man rotation....I get Monaghan is a freshman and Heemstra hasn't developed....but the other guys were gassed
          10) I thought Nebraska's perimeter d was good....they did take some things away from us
          11) Can't wait for UNO to get rolling...I miss watching the Jacks play

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            I wonder if White will ever be as good as Nagy desperately wants him to be. Personally I would rather not have someone on the court that hangs his head whenever things aren't going well.

Comment

Way too early to give up on Chad. He played amazing in that last game against Oakland last year when the seniors shied away from the moment. I'll keep believing.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I was at the Minnesota game and I really thought SDSU played much better offensively and defensively with White on the floor. I haven't seen a game since, but I think he'll come around. I think we underestimate what this type of traveling will do to these kids, especially over Thanksgiving when everyone else is home. They need a day off with some rest and can now get ready for league play.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

When you are a shooter its all about feeling, its hard to get that "feeling" when you are on the road that much. Brayden has been struggling as well, I think they will figure it out. They'll be alright....

Comment

Like NebraskaJack, I don't get to see the Rabbits very often live. It was nice to get a chance to see them in person to get a real feel for the team. I was amazed at how Nate could generate so much offense while being double teamed and hounded by the Husker's best defenders. They made him work from baseline to baseline which consistently ate away 7 or 8 seconds on every possession.

A few things that I noticed that were not previously highlighted from the post game review.
                    - Tony and Griff had to work their tails off to keep good position inside on defense. I think it wore out Tony more the Griff as I was amazed at how he had the legs to launch so many 3's on the other end.
                    - Tony and others need to fill the slots better on fast breaks. While we didn't have many, I often found Nate creating problems driving, but others were not in position to receive for an easy lay up or dunk. I noticed a couple of times that Tony would work his way to the basket and would slide out on the baseline. When he did receive the ball he was 6 to 8 feet from the basket along the baseline. While I know he can hit that shot, he missed both that I watched from there and he could have had bunnies to put in if he would have been closer.
                    - Kudos to Doc and the Huskers for carrying out an effective game plan against the Jacks. While we missed some make able shots, the vast majority were perimeter shots.

We are looking forward to catching our first home game in the next couple of months. Our son is a junior and we are starting to look at schools. He has been a Jackrabbit at heart despite only catching 3 games in his lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                    X