Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: things could be worse

Originally posted by JackTwice
    I always thought there was a limit to the number of scholarships a team can offer in a year, like 4 or 5.  It seems to me this was a big deal for Lute Olson a few years ago when about 4 of his scholarship players went to the draft early and 1 or 2 of his players were done with their eligibility.

Does anybody know anything about this?
    I could be wrong, but I believe the NCAA got rid of that rule last year.

Comment

I thought that I heard from somewhere that Casey was able to fund his school from other sources without having to use up a scholarship.  Not to offend anybody, but his backround would allow him a better opportunity to get scholarship money, which I had heard he did.  Maybe this is all completely wrong though, just thought that I remembered it.

From the other thread:

South Dakota State coach Scott Nagy said his team, which is down to five scholarship players, is "a couple of years away from being able to compete with teams like (CU). . . . This team has been beaten up. When there is no hope for the rest of the season, the players start to play like they have no hope." . . .
      That would be Green, Beran, Holdren, Dejong, and Loney, wouldn't it. If thats the case, then it would prove that Casey isn't getting a scholarship from the team, and we still have another to give out on top of the three we already have.

Comment

As long as they don't give a scholarship to an athlete that deserves it less than a non-athlete, as far as academics.

This has happened at SDSU and I think it is a very dishonest thing to do and probably against NCAA policy.

Comment

Incoming freshman Blake Yackley from Sully Buttes evidently will not count as a athletic scholarship as his tuition will be paid by a trust fund from his grandfather. We clearly have enough scholarships available to improve this team significantly by adding new players along with the talent already on the team.

Comment

Working...
          X