4. IUPUI
    5. North Dakota State
    6. IPFW
    7. Southern Utah
    8. UMKC
    9. South Dakota
    10. Western Illinois

Re: Sporting News picks Jacks #3 in the Summit

I think that is pretty accurate to what I had. I had IUPUI and Oakland switched (however with IUPUI's coaching change and Oakland winning last year I understand their reasoning) and had UMKC and IPFW switched (think UMKC will have a good year and IPFW will hurt with coaching change).

Comment

I had IPFW down in 9th, UMKC in 6th, and South Dakota in 8th. The reason I did that was because I thought UMKC would have a great year and IPFW won't be so hot with a coaching change. and I put South Dakota in 8th because I just really don't like them.
      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
        I put South Dakota in 8th because I just really don't like them.
        Seems like a logical conclussion. Its hard to argue to have them any higher.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
          I had IPFW down in 9th, UMKC in 6th, and South Dakota in 8th. The reason I did that was because I thought UMKC would have a great year and IPFW won't be so hot with a coaching change. and I put South Dakota in 8th because I just really don't like them.
          Lets be friends and go to dinner.
          USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Seems like a logical conclussion. Its hard to argue to have them any higher.
            That's the other thing. Since they're a first year in the league team, they should be ranked down there. The teams with experience in the league are going to be in the 1-5 spots.
            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
              Lets be friends and go to dinner.
              Hahaha!!!! Sorry..I don't eat with strangers.
              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                http://summitpoints.blogspot.com/201...ce=twitterfeed

Predictions
                1. Oral Roberts
                2. Oakland
                3. South Dakota State
                4. IUPUI
                5. North Dakota State
                6. IPFW
                7. Southern Utah
                8. UMKC
                9. South Dakota
                10. Western Illinois
                But but but... we didn't sign any bigs, NDSU is STACKED!! and we don't have the athletic ability to play within our league.

Sorry, I now feel better after my little rant. We return all the essential moving parts of a team that won 19 last year. I like our prospects and think 3 or 4 is exactly where we will finish.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                  But but but... we didn't sign any bigs, NDSU is STACKED!! and we don't have the athletic ability to play within our league.

Sorry, I now feel better after my little rant. We return all the essential moving parts of a team that won 19 last year. I like our prospects and think 3 or 4 is exactly where we will finish.
                  So you don't consider Clint Sargent (all time 3 point leader and great scorer) or Dale Moss (most athletic player to wear a Jacks uniform) essential parts of last years team?
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Always with the negative waves Moriarity!
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      So you don't consider Clint Sargent (all time 3 point leader and great scorer) or Dale Moss (most athletic player to wear a Jacks uniform) essential parts of last years team?
                      I do, I was trying to make a point that we do have some pretty decent talent coming back; pointing out all the negativity being tossed about by some SDSU fans on here. Besides, as good as Sargent was we will miss Moss more, however I'll take what we have coming back and full well expect us to be 3 or 4. If you don't, oh well; we shall agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        Moss will be tough to replace, he is more of an X factor every game then a known scorer. Clint was great at the 3 during the season but the last 2 years he forgot to show up during tourny time IMO. I think the biggest more important pieces are Wolters and Dykstra, which is scary to think they could be even better this year.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm not trying to be negative Nancy, and I know we have some great talent (specifically Wolters and Dykstra) coming back. I just cringed a little when I heard that we didn't lose anything "essential" from last years team. Moss will be a big loss, but as I look at the team I don't think we have anyone right now that can provide what Clint did either - an extrememly accurate outside jump shooter. Clint opened a lot of things up for Nate and Jordan because teams respected his scoring ability. There is a reason that you heard both Sutton and Kampe say in the past two years, that the player they wanted to contain in order to win was Clint and not necessarily Nate (of course, maybe it was because they couldn't stop Nate) or somebody else.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

My biggest fear is teams jam it inside and our limited length gets into foul trouble and we have no depth to contain any kind of size presence. It's not just that we have little heigth it's we lack strength in the middle.
                            Last edited by JACKGUYII; 09-14-2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

FWIW, this USD fan thinks the Jacks have the roster to go far this year and if all holds together subsequent years.. Yes, depth with big men may be a concern but that can be said for roughly all mid major programs. SDSU has two all conference players. Could also be argued, if Dykstra makes the typical improvement, that you have two MVP type players. Fiegen, White and Calahan are all good ball handlers and solid players themselves. Heemstra can provide depth and is still only a sophmore. This doesn't include the new young talent, Zach H. (SD player of year), Zack M. (solid Illinois) , Francicis (national team), Prince (highly regarded pg from Candada two years ago). Carlson, and others aren't chopped liver either. Your team has improved in the W-L for the last 4-5 years and the talent Nagy and staff are bringing in reflects that. I also think the coaches and players have their positive attitude back and expect success.I don't know if this plays into it but to expect the men's to replicate what the WBB has done might be beyond expectations. What AJ, staff and players have done (WNIT, NCAA) is outstanding. Good luck this year except obviously when you play the Coyotes.
                              Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Working...
                              X